Pre-Game Talk: Game 36 7:07 PM - THE BEAR returns to gritty South Philly - NESNplus, SN360, 98.5 WBZ-FM,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

95833939_7b2a15cbc5_b.jpg

upload_2021-4-6_3-15-59.png

upload_2021-4-6_3-16-25.png

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Vladar's learning how tough it is to be a Bruins goalie. He's been mostly stellar, very impressive. Curious to see Swayman, but it's probably premature to play him unless they really have no choice, and this is a massive game in the context of the season. So it's Dan's net. Hopefully he can handle the b2b ok and the team better give him more support this time - he deserves it.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Really hoping Miller is playing tonight

I think that would give the whole team a huge emotional lift

give Freddy a night off
and since Bruce won’t play Senny give him the night off too so we don’t have to juggle lines

I’d roll

Marchand Bergeron Smith
Ritchie Krejci Pastrnak
DeBrusk Coyle Kuhlman
Bjork Kuraly Wagner

Grzelcyk McAvoy
Zboril Miller
Lauzon Kampfer

Reactions: sooshii

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
IMO, they have 3 options on D tonight:

Use Kampfer as a 7th defenseman.

Take Lauzon and Cliffy out and insert Miller and Tinordi:

Gryz-McAvoy
Zboril-Miller
Tinordi-Kampfer

If they keep Lauzon in and swap Cliffy for Miller

Lauzon-McAvoy
Gryz-Miller
Zboril-Kampfer

Reactions: BMC

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Kampfer belongs in this lineup over Clifton, Zboril and Lauzon, in my opinion. Not a sexy name but I like his game.

Kampfer is a seventh d at best and has no place in the starting lineup unless people are injured. Clifton, Zboril, and Lauzon were fine before getting injured. They all just need more time to develop and get their skates back underneath them. It does the Bruins no good to have those guys in the lodge.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Kampfer is a seventh d at best and has no place in the starting lineup unless people are injured. Clifton, Zboril, and Lauzon were fine before getting injured. They all just need more time to develop and get their skates back underneath them. It does the Bruins no good to have those guys in the lodge.

Lauzon stinks without McTruck.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Lauzon stinks without McTruck.

Bullshit. Lauzon in the first two months of the season looked dynamite and he was one of the best players on team Canada in the world juniors tournament not too long ago. These first few weeks back from injury are an outlier imo. Lauzon just needs to regain his confidence and he will snap back to form.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Bullshit. Lauzon in the first two months of the season looked dynamite and he was one of the best players on team Canada in the world juniors tournament not too long ago. These first few weeks are an outlier imo. Lauzon just needs to regain his confidence and he will snap back to form.

Yeah Curtis Lazar was great for team Canada too.

Lauzon looks good with McAvoy, because, well who doesn't. He does look good with Carlo killing penalties though for sure.

Reactions: BMC

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah Curtis Lazar was great for team Canada too.

Lauzon looks good with McAvoy, because, well who doesn't. He does look good with Carlo killing penalties though for sure.

I thought he looked OK last year on the 3rd pair.

Lauzon is and always will be a complimentary guy. He'll never be the type that leads a pairing.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
They have one top pair, two second pair, four third pair, three fifth pair and an AHL'er. Would you swap that for Colorado's top 9? Islanders?

Colorado certainly have two studs in Makar and Girard. Byram should also be good.

But I take McAvoy over any of these and he tilt the ice Bruins way on this question.

Like you said, Bruins have a top #1, two 2nd pair and plenty of improving depth D. This is why they survived the plethora of injuries they got.

12D played.

They may be a 4th G tonight.

Many F out too.

Great top skills and depth.

No wonder the Bruins will again be a tough out in a best of 7 and a favorite to get out of the division.

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Yeah he's a bottom pair rotational guy for me, unless you stick him with McAvoy.

I still think he's a Seidenberg 2nd pairing guy. He hasn't looked the same since returning from injury, but most of the team has looked like shit recently too :dunno:

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Vladar's learning how tough it is to be a Bruins goalie. He's been mostly stellar, very impressive. Curious to see Swayman, but it's probably premature to play him unless they really have no choice, and this is a massive game in the context of the season. So it's Dan's net. Hopefully he can handle the b2b ok and the team better give him more support this time - he deserves it.

We might be underestimating what is happening before our eyes atm here. I mean the greatness of rookie goalie having an excellent NHL start so far. We haven't witnessed that in so many years, not that we needed to badly but anyway. Vlad looked really good, wish him all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad