GDT: Game 35: Red Wings at wild 8:00 pm et 12/27/23 (ESPN+, BSD)

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I heard very similar sentiments regarding Blash. New coach is like treating a cold and ignoring the gaping gunshot wound in the chest and expecting the NyQuil to fix that too.
They probably weren't that incredible team that we saw at the beginning of the year, but they probably aren't bottom 5 like we're seeing now. So I guess I don't see the gaping wound thing.

All I know is I see a team that doesn't seem to care even a little bit.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I think the downer to me is that unless there is an injury there are no rookies in the lineup. You say spare parts so why not have young talent and suck that way instead. At least experience the future like Sieder and Ramond did. So this season is a wash because like the last ummmm how many I've lost count now nothing changed and no young talent. Fans are just tired of seeing the same thing (I think worse this year). The past glory years of lord Stanley are so far gone fans want progress. Not believing in the coaches tbh they cannot adjust during the game.
I wholeheartedly agree. I hated the signings of Chiarot, Holl, Copp, and the Petry trade for this very reason. I’m OK with a few vets (Ghost, 1 year deal, and Maatta is/was alright, JT got a fair contract), but when the whole roster is filed with mid vets, what happens is that your team doesn’t actually improve, because those guys are not good enough to move the needle, and simultaneously the kids don’t get experience. So nothing is gained at all.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
we just gotta start on time ..... oh and they forgot to get there 4 goals...

this is really sad for Kane who is 10x better than everyone expected
Kane is getting exactly what he wanted. Detroit was likely the only team where he could get a decent contract, guaranteed scoring line ice time to rehab, and cap space to absorb retention on his contract so he can go anywhere.

Then he gets to pick his contender of choice and go there and sign a 6-8 million dollar contract in the off-season.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Well after watching this stretch I'll be saving my money or my wife's I should say on the late Christmas gift... had planned to come down to a game but I can justify driving 5 plus hours each way and spending money for the odd chance they play with passion even, not even hoping for a win. Just the confidence you'd go to a Red Wings game and see a team effort and some zest from the players, that's not happening. Or they may play well and give up 5 goals anyways. It feels like this should be the game that causes change but... Yzerman is patient to no end so who really knows. I better not hear one "that's a great question" out of Uncle Fester tonight.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
They probably weren't that incredible team that we saw at the beginning of the year, but they probably aren't bottom 5 like we're seeing now. So I guess I don't see the gaping wound thing.

All I know is I see a team that doesn't seem to care even a little bit.

They are underperforming at the moment, but we have been seeing the exact same issues every season. Unforced turnovers in their own zone, coughing up the puck from the forecheck, and giving teams extended time in their own zone. The defense is just really bad at defense.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Well after watching this stretch I'll be saving my money or my wife's I should say on the late Christmas gift... had planned to come down to a game but I can justify driving 5 plus hours each way and spending money for the odd chance they play with passion even, not even hoping for a win. Just the confidence you'd go to a Red Wings game and see a team effort and some zest from the players, that's not happening. Or they may play well and give up 5 goals anyways. It feels like this should be the game that causes change but... Yzerman is patient to no end so who really knows. I better not hear one "that's a great question" out of Uncle Fester tonight.
Man, screw the money. The time itself you'll never get back.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
1703734893353.png

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
This team has little heart, lacks leadership, the goalies can't stop anything, and the coach is hapless.

Giving up 5+ goals per game during this stretch is atrocious.

Reactions: Holden Caufield

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad