GDT: Game 35: Panthers @ Sabres - 12/18 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
We let Keith Yandle walk all over us and turn us into mental midgets. It’s not like he’s a tough guy, it wouldn’t have been hard to right the ship. Not like housley is the kind of coach to recognize when they should be pissed off. Awful.

Gg buffbros. Hate to see you struggle 3rd period but I'm proud of our cats being responsible after getting the lead.

Cool

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Sobotka was the ****ing extra attacker?
Yes he was.

I agree, the game turned on 1) The Okposo penalty, and 2) Right after it was 2-2 Eichel got mauled and dumped at the Florida blue line (with no call of course) and Florida dominated pretty much the rest of the game.

This team misses an enforcer and Bogo had his chances tonight but decided he wanted to be a slick dangling ballerina instead.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
We got mentally beaten by Keith Yandle.....

Then pommer got smashed and that just ended it
And where was big Zack bogosian?We let Keith Yandle manhandle SK inner and nothing was done? Wish Nate was in he would have put a best down on someone.Missing Lindy Ruff

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Not remotely comparable.

What yandle did was just a laughable ***** move. The team should have responded physically but it doesn’t matter that much.
It does explain why Botts wanted to move ROR for Tkachuk, can you imagine either Brady or Matt just standing there while Yandle was pulling that shit?

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
And where was big Zack bogosian?We let Keith Yandle manhandle SK inner and nothing was done? Wish Nate was in he would have put a best down on someone.Missing Lindy Ruff

I have a hard time putting alot on bogo...if he fights in a close game then we have hunwick or guhle getting big minutes...

Would have like to see any sort of anger after the empty net

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
More than just Okposo. Too many liabilities on this team. Can't wait until the younger players replace them
Ya but their contracts expire sooner. He must have been caught from behind at least 5 times tonight. He's Moulson slow. Oddly enough the guy who signed him still is unemployed. Not sure Botterill can rid us of that deal even with his cap magic.

Team needs Pilut/McCabe back. Guhle should be traded while he has value.
Scandella is getting worse fast.

Okposo somehow needs to be traded (might be worth losing a first)
ERod/Sobotka/Thompson/Sheary/Mitts need to be better although Thompson/Mitts are young and developing still

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
The 9 guys not on the Eichel line should hang their collective ****ing heads for not finishing anything in weeks. This game could have been in the bag going into the 3rd if ERod scores on his glorious chance or if Mitts line did anything at all.
I know we pick on Sobotka me included and its justified but my Lord Sheary and Okposo is killing us.Props to Girgs for hanging in there we need a Sam Bennett type in our middle 6

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I’m not criticizing Hutton in the slightest here. But, does anyone else think Ullmark should be taking some starts from him? Ullmark has had some amazing games.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
I have a hard time putting alot on bogo...if he fights in a close game then we have hunwick or guhle getting big minutes...

Would have like to see any sort of anger after the empty net
I hear you bro but sometimes you need to step up no matter what the score my two cents hell it worked for Florida

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
They shut out Boston, beat Toronto, took Tampa to ot. Hardly one of the worst teams in the league.

They did all that and were still last in the division before tonight..How is last in the division not one of the worst teams?

Florida is not good. With all those high picks they have accumulated they really are not that good outside of a handful of players. The Panthers and Isles should be prime examples of picking top 11 for a decade not working out. 8 top 11 picks since 2006 and are no where near the other teams

Reactions: Fearnot

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
Agree with Marty Biron....should have been a holding penalty on Yandle right off followed by a roughing. Ref doesnt call a penalty until Yandle slams Skinner to the ground. Too many fancy passes instead of putting shots on net and not enough urgency after penalty shot goal and the 4th goal.

Reactions: Chainshot

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I saw alot of deferring/forcing to Eichel in the 3rd too....still wanting more from Reinhart in these important situations

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad