GDT: Game 35: Panthers @ Sabres - 12/18 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I was watching the highlights of ur game and noticed Yandle was being booed by ur crowd. What was the reason?

Skinner got tied up with Barkov going into the boards, which tripped Barkov. Skinner got a penalty, and after the whistle, Barkov went to the bench limping a little. Yandle, as per his comment after the game, thought Skinner did something which he didn't. I've said in another thread, this is just my opinion, but he probably thought Skinner slewfooted Barkov. After Skinner came out of the box from a successful PK by Buffalo, Yandle saw his opportunity as he had Skinner pinned against the boards in his own zone. He threw off his gloves and mugged Skinner and threw him to the ice with the ref right next to them as the puck was on its way out of the Panthers zone.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I see a lot more in his game that says he will be better at center than at wing. He needs to clean up a lot of his game and he shouldn't even be in the NHL. People seem to forget that guys like Ryan Johansen and Mark Scheifele weren't even in the league in their D+2 seasons or they were putting up 30 points in their first 100 NHL games.

Even Botterill seems to have forgotten just how young the kid is - two interviews talking about rookies and he's going on about Dahlin and Thompson, hasn't mentioned the kid who is 18 months removed from HS hockey at all.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I was watching the highlights of ur game and noticed Yandle was being booed by ur crowd. What was the reason?

Skinner got tied up with Barkov in a puck battle and tripped him. Skinner got a penalty and when he got out of the box Yandle crushed him against the boards and then rag dolled him from behind like an asshat.

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
Skinner got tied up with Barkov in a puck battle and tripped him. Skinner got a penalty and when he got out of the box Yandle crushed him against the boards and then rag dolled him from behind like an asshat.

I'm not sure Skinner was so innocent on that Barkov play. I love him on our team, but Skinner is a pest and borderline dirty player. He's almost Marchand-lite.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Well I don't know what Yandle thought he saw but I saw Skinner's stick trip Barkov in the dangerous area 4' from the boards.

It's hockey, sometimes there is contact, it's not always malicious and Skinner was penalized already. If Yandle, the guy who was trying to get revenge, says after the fact he was wrong, I am inclined to take his word for it.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'm not sure Skinner was so innocent on that Barkov play. I love him on our team, but Skinner is a pest and borderline dirty player. He's almost Marchand-lite.

You can't honestly think that. There's no way.

Brad Marchand has been suspended 6 times for 19 games, fined an additional 3 times, and is perhaps the league's most notorious punchable-faced rat. People literally refer to him as the "little ball of hate." Skinner has been suspended 1 time for 2 games back in 2012 and has never faced any other discipline. Marchand has more penalty minutes through the first 34 games of this season than Skinner has ever had in any year ever. There are 10-minute long compilations on youtube of Marchand making dirty plays; the entire first page of results (at least--I didn't go beyond that) when you search "Jeff Skinner dirty play" is sick goals he scored.

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
You can't honestly think that. There's no way.

Brad Marchand has been suspended 6 times for 19 games, fined an additional 3 times, and is perhaps the league's most notorious punchable-faced rat. People literally refer to him as the "little ball of hate." Skinner has been suspended 1 time for 2 games back in 2012 and has never faced any other discipline. Marchand has more penalty minutes through the first 34 games of this season than Skinner has ever had in any year ever. There are 10-minute long compilations on youtube of Marchand making dirty plays; the entire first page of results (at least--I didn't go beyond that) when you search "Jeff Skinner dirty play" is sick goals he scored.

I like Skinner, but from what I've seen of him this year playing with Buffalo, he is dirty, he is pesty, and he is a diver. I didn't think that would be such a hot-take.
I said "almost Marchand-light."

Reactions: Chainshot

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I like Skinner, but from what I've seen of him this year playing with Buffalo, he is dirty, he is pesty, and he is a diver. I didn't think that would be such a hot-take.

I’m just not seeing what you see. At least not with any regularity like it seems you’re implying. Hell, I think Risto is much more like you described.
Way more than Skinner is.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Yeah, he’s pointy. And it’s directed outward.

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
There's no way he's dirty from what I've seen. Nor a diver for that matter. He's a good skater that needs to get tied up an awful lot by the opposition though.

I've seen every game. I'll tell you who needs to reign it in somewhat, and that's Thompson with his propensity to stick his knee out. And I've noticed this with just the little ice time he receives.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad