GDT: Game #35| Mar. 31, 2013| Capitals at Flyers | 6:00 p.m. ET

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
Kimmo had a monster game. I was on the tank wagon, but kimmo doesn't deserve that. Guy shows up to work everyday.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Remember 07-08 before he got hurt... he ruined Ovi and Kovalev, when both were playing arguably the best hockey of their careers, each time they were on the ice they looked like 4th liners. Kimmo is defo one of the most underrated D-men ever to lace up a set of hockey skates.

I remember him often being a beast against Crosby as well.

WeekendAtBernies

Jun 27, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
This is the first time all year we have seen the "real" giroux. When he gets angry he plays like a freakin demon on the ice that no one wants any apart of. I want demon giroux from now until we raise lord stanley this year.

Not really. He's kind of been a beast for the last week or so. 3rd multi-point game of the last 4. He's gotten way too much flack this year but that's what happens when you're the captain of a struggling Flyers team.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I'm sorry (what a win!) but this team isn't gonna do anything in the playoffs with the personnel on defense and goaltender. This team needs a high draft pick I firmly believe.

Bryz put up sold numbers tonight. :sarcasm:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm sorry (what a win!) but this team isn't gonna do anything in the playoffs with the personnel on defense and goaltender. This team needs a high draft pick I firmly believe.

Bryz put up sold numbers tonight. :sarcasm:

Is too much to ask to actually look at the goals that were scored, and not just the save percentage? Tip in from point blank range, breakaway, shot in the shot from a terrible turnover, one time blast on the PP from Ovechkin.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Is too much to ask to actually look at the goals that were scored, and not just the save percentage? Tip in from point blank range, breakaway, shot in the shot from a terrible turnover, one time blast on the PP from Ovechkin.

I'd say the last three goals were saveable. I don't care what anyone says .862 save % is piss poor. Goalie needs to be consistent, no consistency whatsoever from the him, especially with that brutal cap hit. Makes me sick.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Not really. He's kind of been a beast for the last week or so. 3rd multi-point game of the last 4. He's gotten way too much flack this year but that's what happens when you're the captain of a struggling Flyers team.

pts do not= demon giroux. Giroux can rack up pts in his sleep, but its his physical game, and his emotion that this team really feeds off of and that he feeds off of. First time all year where we saw some huge emotion from him.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
pts do not= demon giroux. Giroux can rack up pts in his sleep, but its his physical game, and his emotion that this team really feeds off of and that he feeds off of. First time all year where we saw some huge emotion from him.

Nothing against the guy, but he only ever brings up stats. I agree with you. What Giroux has done tonight was off the stat sheet. You could see the fire in his eyes. He wanted this win badly. TBH, maybe that horrible turnover was a good thing. It got him pissed.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Game summary from Comcast DC (Chuck Gormley):

PHILADELPHIA -- Instant analysis of the Capitals’ 5-4 overtime loss to the Philadelphia Flyers Sunday night at the Wells Fargo Center:

Pivotal play I: Ruslan Fedotenko was left uncovered at the left side of the post for a tap-in from Kimmo Timonen with 1:34 gone in the overtime period.

Pivotal play II: With 9.5 seconds remaining in regulation and goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov pulled for the extra attacker, Timonen sent the game into overtime with a rising slapshot from the point that sailed past Braden Holtby’s glove hand.

Pivotal play III: With 5:04 gone in the third period and the score tied, Caps rookie defenseman Steve Oleksy drilled Flyers captain Claude Giroux with a clean, hard, open-ice hit. Jacob Voracek raced to Giroux’s defense and got into his first NHL fight against Oleksy. Voracek received two minutes for instigation and another two minutes for instigation while wearing a visor. Ironically, Oleksy is playing without a visor for the first time in his career so that he does not get called for that penalty. On the ensuing four-minute power play the Caps got goals from Marcus Johansson and Alex Ovechkin to take control of the game.

http://www.csnwashington.com/hockey-washington-capitals/talk/instant-analysis-caps-shocked-ot

Video of tying and OT goals:

Post-game Q and A w/Giroux: http://www.courierpostonline.com/videonetwork/2268354641001/Jakub-Voracek-on-his-fight-Flyers-win

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad