Post-Game Talk: GAME 35 - HAPPY NEW YEAR - BRUINS 5 Detroit 3

remer

Oct 18, 2005
They are making this up because they realize they got the rule wrong about interference outside the crease. If something like this happens in a playoff game, I will be needing a new TV for sure
Toronto command center not wanting the Bruins to win. This has to change. Huge biase.
It really is amazing at all the bad calls that are made in the NHL. Larkin's dive was another horrendous call. I think it was pointed out earlier that in the four games against Detroit, the Red Wings were penaltized only 1/2 as much as the Bruins. It's a trend and not a good one for the league.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
No matter how the rules read, the command room certainly dug deep to find a reason to wave off that goal. A little common sense would have gone a long way. Can't stop the goalie from making that save.

Winning goal was a beauty: Coyle to Marchand to McAvoy to Coyle. Before the Christmas break, B's couldn't put that many passes together in a full period.

With a one goal lead late, Heinen & Frederic got a lot more ice time. Guess who the coach trusts?

Nice to see McAvoy have a productive game, 3 assists and +3. Lindholm played well again too.

Zacha the only guy able to win any faceoffs lately. Only forward with 2 hits last night also.

Loved the post-whistle scrums around the goalies. B's had previously been giving me flashbacks of the Whalers when I was a season ticket holder, standing around after a save with no ill intent.

The Bruins don't play Detroit anymore, so does that mean they won't have to scratch van Riemsdyk any more?

Freddy with 2 goals, an assist and +4. Also credited with 3 giveaways, maybe the most he's ever had in a game. That jolt of confidence probably took him just past his comfort zone.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
They are making this up because they realize they got the rule wrong about interference outside the crease. If something like this happens in a playoff game, I will be needing a new TV for sure

I came within inches of throwing something at my tv because of that bullshit. I haven't wanted to do that in a long time :rant: :madfire:

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
After being speechless over the no goalie interference call I was reading the internet reaction to the Lions call on the " ineligible" receiver two point conversion.

not sure which is worse..,the NHL making it up as it goes along or the NFL refs blowing a call and then seemingly lying about it

in either case - the quality of reffing has significantly deteriorated across all sports

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Seems like they’re building an identity, they’ve been much harder to play against the last few games and the scores have reflected that
Yea these guys can clamp it down when they want to and be hard to play against.The great goaltending just plays on opposition knowing how hard they have to work to get good chances only to be denied.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rydan and CDJ

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Noticed last nite Bruins killing that penalty late how Marchand came out of the box set-up and stayed in middle not allowing that feed to slot.First time I noticed Bruins defend that way, but the skill those Wings can put out there I get it.Be glad when Forbert gets back I know that.They miss him on pk and down low.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Monty postgame saying he agreed with no goal basically 👀 that we as in Carlo caused it is disturbing.Also the referees mention a play that happened years ago to him as way to guide this decision.Like wtf? They should be looking at this play not past history.Then he brings up about McDavid Pasta etc getting bullied after whistles .If you are against soft stuff this is your enemy lol Come on Jimmy, this is the Bruins & you deal with it yourself and right away.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Nice for the Bruins to finish with 3 straight wins and hopefully that momentum carries forward into 2024. DeBrusk has really improved his play the past few game, hope he keeps going strong rest of the season and playoffs. Coyle deserves a lot of credit, he has upped his game this year and has proven he can play a top 6 role, as a #3 C he was a luxury for sure.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Monty postgame saying he agreed with no goal basically 👀 that we as in Carlo caused it is disturbing.Also the referees mention a play that happened years ago to him as way to guide this decision.Like wtf? They should be looking at this play not past history.Then he brings up about McDavid Pasta etc getting bullied after whistles .If you are against soft stuff this is your enemy lol Come on Jimmy, this is the Bruins & you deal with it yourself and right away.

The NHL has been outright threatening players and coaches to prevent any open dissent from their errors.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
I hope Monty didn't start hitting the bottle over the weekend, because he is wrong.
He must not want to rock the boat or something, if I was the HC, I'd take the hit for calling out the refs, it was terrible!.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad