GDT: Game 35: EDM @ MTL | In-Staaled and ready to go | Mon. April 5th, 7 PM ET -- ESPN+, TSN2, RDS, SNW

Will Staal get at least 1 point tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Superb

Producing .5 PPG

Kotkaniemi not doing good

Producing .5 PPG
I know you see red whenever Danaults name comes up, but I said the past 3 seasons. His line has been dominant against other teams top line at even strength. Not exactly a herculean task for KK to outplay 4th liners, not to mention that I doubt he gets 4th line ice time anyways.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He’s playing a lot of PP minutes. It’s not at all like Eller. Staal isn’t back next year and there’s doubts as to Danault being back either. If anything would have ruined KK, it would have been last year. But that didn’t happen. So some games with Byron and Lehkonen isn’t going to turn him into a pumpkin.
Like I said, we'll see how it shakes out. Doesn't bother me if it's not permanent. And you're right, KK is getting some PP time which is part of the reason why I'm not that concerned. I don't think it's going to be an Eller replay.

And who knows? That line just might produce.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm tired of seeing players be pit against one another here. It was a legit complaint with DD vs Chuck and Eller really did get the shaft. But DD has been a lot better to KK than CJ was. Let's see where this goes.

You gotta get rid of the hate for Danno though. Totally agree he'll never be a prime scorer but he's a solid player defensively and he can chip in with some offense.

In a post where four players are mentionned, you take this as Danault hate ? If its hate, why am I not hating on Suzuki and Staal too?

Nah, Im hating on Bergevin and Ducharme.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I know you see red whenever Danaults name comes up, but I said the past 3 seasons. His line has been dominant against other teams top line at even strength. Not exactly a herculean task for KK to outplay 4th liners, not to mention that I doubt he gets 4th line ice time anyways.
If McDavid gets held to little tonight people need to start showing Danault some respect.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don't think Eller ever played the fourth line after his first season, which is quite the statement to the stupid ass coach/GM the Habs have now.

Who's red hot ? Theres three centers ahead of Kotkaniemi on the depth chart now.

Kotkaniemi has one more point in march than Staal has all year.
Kotkaniemi has 3 less points in march than Danault while shooting 50% under Danaults 14%
Kotkaniemi has the same number of points as Suzuki in the same period.

The only axe Im grinding is that they are ruining this kid, and Ive told you this since 2018.
Danno's got 8 point in his last 7 games. Really doesn't seem like the time to be dumping on him. As for KK, I'm not worried about his usage... yet.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I have faith that Ducharme is smarter than that. We'll see how it goes.
It's Bergevin, he didn't bring Staalsy here to replace Jake Evans, he has to win with this group, he has to make the playoffs and go as deep as he can as a means of saving his own neck. Why not sit Danault? He has been shit for most of the season, what about Drouin? He is terrible as well.

Reactions: Habano and Habs178

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
He’s playing a lot of PP minutes. It’s not at all like Eller. Staal isn’t back next year and there’s doubts as to Danault being back either. If anything would have ruined KK, it would have been last year. But that didn’t happen. So some games with Byron and Lehkonen isn’t going to turn him into a pumpkin.

Depending on how he does....I think Staal has a chance the be back next in year....in Danault's role.
Not surprise to see him where he is tonight.

In 2019-2020, Staal outproduce every centers on the Habs in points and goals........and size and in experience.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I don't know if its you not knowing what dominant means or if its just that you don't watch hockey games outside of Montreal but something is very sad here if you think that line is dominating anything.

Anyway this statement is just stupid, Kotkaniemi is producing, Kotkaniemi is doing everyhting you'd want of him and here you are with the (mod) rhetoric that he needs to outplay the fourht line. (mod)

Reactions: Habs178

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It's Bergevin, he didn't bring Staalsy here to replace Jake Evans, he has to win with this group, he has to make the playoffs and go as deep as he can as a means of saving his own neck. Why not sit Danault? He has been shit for most of the season, what about Drouin? He is terrible as well.
Danno's got 8 in his last 7. And they've done really well defensively too. I wouldn't sit him.

Reactions: gillyguzzler

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
With the way that line is playing? Really?

Reactions: gillyguzzler

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Depending on how he does....I think Staal has a chance the be back next in year....in Danault's role.
Not surprise to see him where he is tonight.

In 2019-2020, Staal outproduce every centers on the Habs in points and goals........and size and in experience.

That’s it. People are making it seem like they put KK on the 4th line to give better linemates to Luke Glendening. Staal is a quality player.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I don't think Eller ever played the fourth line after his first season, which is quite the statement to the stupid ass coach/GM the Habs have now.

Who's red hot ? Theres three centers ahead of Kotkaniemi on the depth chart now.

Kotkaniemi has one more point in march than Staal has all year.
Kotkaniemi has 3 less points in march than Danault while shooting 50% under Danaults 14%
Kotkaniemi has the same number of points as Suzuki in the same period.

The only axe Im grinding is that they are ruining this kid, and Ive told you this since 2018.

Normally I'm on board with the narrative that coaching staff isn't developing the players. But I can't agree this season when Suzuki/KK have gotten both linemates and icetime. KK is averaging 16-17 min/game since March. Suzuki is getting 18-19.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Danno's got 8 in his last 7. And they've done really well defensively too. I wouldn't sit him.

With Staal entering the fray at center, how much would you say that will have had an impact and continue to have an impact on Danault? Seems to me he doesn't have as much latitude -- he's got to bring his A-game consistently.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
What about when he was terrible for 20 games? I could have asked you the same thing then.
Irrelevant...if he sits Danault the owner will walk into his luxury box w a machete and cut off his balls!

It’s a business first and foremost. Which is why there have been exactly 1-trade (Staal) in the 3-weeks leading up to the deadline. Every single NHL owner wants guaranteed $...right now

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Danault 8 points/+9 in last 10 games
Suzuki 5 points/ -5 in last 10 games
Kotkaniemi 3 points/-5 in last 10 games

Start of season, there's no question Danault was not doing good. But after the coaching he's been much better compared to the other 2.

Why did you stop at 10 games ? Since the coaching change its 9 to 11, and only one of those is on the fourth line.

Anyhow, how is this about Danault and Kotkaniemi alone when there is two other centers, one of which hasn't even been producing more than Evans this year, playing ahead of him, lol?

But lets make it about Danault, if thats what you want, why is it that Danault is allowed to suck ass, and I mean like AHL level sucking ass for 25 games and not even get a demotion and KK, while producing very good numbers gets dumped on the fourth line? This is insanity.

Danno's got 8 point in his last 7 games. Really doesn't seem like the time to be dumping on him. As for KK, I'm not worried about his usage... yet.

Give your head a shake, I didn't dump on anyone but the stupid ass coach taking the 3rd OA on the fourth line when he's been the best, or at worst, 2nd best center on the team ALL YEAR, not just 7 games.

Reactions: Edgy and Habs178

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
First 20 games though?
Well, you're suggesting we bench him now. I don't know why we'd do that when he's heating up.

Honestly, Staal coming in is a good thing. I'd prefer if he was the one with Lek and Bryon but whatever. At this point it's the first game. We'll see how the lines shake out long term. I definitely don't want KK with those two for the rest of the year. Don't like that at all but it's one game right now so I won't worry too much.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
With Staal entering the fray at center, how much would you say that will have had an impact and continue to have an impact on Danault? Seems to me he doesn't have as much latitude -- he's got to bring his A-game consistently.
Dannault negotiations will be interesting for sure. He'll have a ton of pressure to produce down the stretch. I'm sure the Habs will want to keep him given his defensive ability and being a hometown boy. But he TURNED DOWN 5 mil... who the hell knows what happens there?

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad