GDT: Game 35: EDM @ MTL | In-Staaled and ready to go | Mon. April 5th, 7 PM ET -- ESPN+, TSN2, RDS, SNW

Will Staal get at least 1 point tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We were all anticipating this day.

This is the day that Eric Staal gets into a game, as a Hab.

Several signs abounded in the city.

For one, his restroom door at the Bell Center, was showing updated signage.

ZRVpogG.jpg

There was also this obvious one:

DFGMGAy.jpg

And, there were quite surprisingly, a couple of signs around the city. Like this one:

nQtPcSs.jpg

Perhaps, the most surprising one of them all, was this commemorative one, continuing a tradition that had begun with the Halak stop sign:

PQ8KIW4.png

We also got news that Ben Chiarot was getting closer to a return, which is a lot sooner than anticipated.

Its because they're currently implanting the same bionic wrist they put in Sheldon Souray. Watch for his slap shot when he comes back.

Maybe the extra power from that bionic wrist, may not completely be a good thing ...

1O77Myg.gif

Taking the good with the bad, Gallagher suffered an injury on the last game vs. the Senators, that may be keeping him out of tonight's game.

And of course, there is always Connor McBaby, who can do no wrong. He's the only NHLer who can have intent to injure an opponent with a blatantly high hyper-extended elbow hit and only end up with a fine. And not only that, he actually still ended up with a net positive pay day for the game, after paying the fine.

Connor, what were you thinking trying to elbow someone so much taller than you are?

You actually had to lift your right skate to extend your elbow and you really looked awkward doing it:

5tsq8vy.gif

You know Connor, next time you feel like giving illegal hits to much taller opponents, there is a solution ...

xSncf7w.gif

Of course, fans being fans, someone actually did this:

I checked the Gofundme page and so far, they managed to raise ... $15: Help Connor mcdavid pay his fine, organized by Augustus Best

HABS LINEUP:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Staal - Toffoli
Perry - Suzuki - Anderson
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen

Edmundson - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Romanov - Mete

Price
Allen

It may be Eric Staal's first game but one thing we know for sure -- if he doesn't do anything on his first game, you can bet that he'll be called out. Some might even assert that he's washed up -- that we got the Buffalo Staal, not the Minnesota Staal.

Just be aware what you're signing up for as this forum has been hyping him since the trade. This too might be in store for you ...

h2Va9sH.gif

GHG!

Last edited:

expy

Nov 2, 2010
If Price doesn't bounce back, I give the net to Allen for the remainder of the season as starter.

This isn't the time to be losing games in hand, especially at the start of a compressed schedule -- you aren't going to be playing better at the tail end of this.

Reactions: dnl4ever and Rapala

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
20 games in 35 days... The stretch run for the playoffs start tonight

Reactions: Rapala

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Oh no, we have 4 really good lines. Let’s all panic thinking KK is ruined because of one game. Subjected to leading a line that dominated Edmonton in the last game.
Thats something people used to say in 2018.
Thats something people used to say in 2019.
Thats something people used to say in 2020.
Thats something people used to say in 2021.

Imma go out on a limb here and say that this is how Kotkaniemis career will go.

Absolute fiasco.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'd like to see KK dominate against the other teams 4th line if he actually gets 4th line minutes instead of making excuses for him.

We will see tonight. If they match up lines properly he could be facing a lot of Gaëtan Haas.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'd like to see KK dominate against the other teams 4th line if he actually gets 4th line minutes instead of making excuses for him.
Id like to see Danault dominate against any line he's against, ever, because he hasn't done that once in his f***ing career.
Id like to see Suzuki dominate against any line he's against, ever, becasue he hasn't done that once in his f***ing career.
Id like to see Staal dominate against any line he's against in the past, I don't know, two centuries, because he's f***ing 100 years old right now.

This is just ludicrous, setting up your young players for success isn't a thing in Montreal and they wonder why they can't develop a single good player. Three legitimate top 6 forwards in 30 years since Koivu.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If Price doesn't bounce back, I give the net to Allen for the remainder of the season as starter.

This isn't the time to be losing games in hand, especially at the start of a compressed schedule -- you aren't going to be playing better at the tail end of this.
.931 in March. Gives up 5 in a game where his team shits the bed.

Yeah, let's bench him.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Id like to see Danault dominate against any line he's against, ever, because he hasn't done that once in his f***ing career.
Id like to see Suzuki dominate against any line he's against, ever, becasue he hasn't done that once in his f***ing career.
Id like to see Staal dominate against any line he's against in the past, I don't know, two centuries, because he's f***ing 100 years old right now.

This is just ludicrous, setting up your young players for success isn't a thing in Montreal and they wonder why they can't develop a single good player. Three legitimate top 6 forwards in 30 years since Koivu.
The guy is red hot right now offensively and has been stellar defensively. Stop grinding this axe.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I have faith that Ducharme is smarter than that. We'll see how it goes.

He’s playing a lot of PP minutes. It’s not at all like Eller. Staal isn’t back next year and there’s doubts as to Danault being back either. If anything would have ruined KK, it would have been last year. But that didn’t happen. So some games with Byron and Lehkonen isn’t going to turn him into a pumpkin.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Kotkaniemi is the new Eller. I told yall that Eric Staal was not coming here to play on the 4th line, he's here to get Drouin going! Great job on the GDT @Runner77.

I don't think Eller ever played the fourth line after his first season, which is quite the statement to the stupid ass coach/GM the Habs have now.

The guy is red hot right now offensively and has been stellar defensively. Stop grinding this axe.

Who's red hot ? Theres three centers ahead of Kotkaniemi on the depth chart now.

Kotkaniemi has one more point in march than Staal has all year.
Kotkaniemi has 3 less points in march than Danault while shooting 50% under Danaults 14%
Kotkaniemi has the same number of points as Suzuki in the same period.

The only axe Im grinding is that they are ruining this kid, and Ive told you this since 2018.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Superb

Producing .5 PPG

Kotkaniemi not doing good

Producing .5 PPG
I'm tired of seeing players be pit against one another here. It was a legit complaint with Desharnais vs Chuck and Eller really did get the shaft. But Ducharme has been a lot better to KK than CJ was. Let's see where this goes.

You gotta get rid of the hate for Danno though. Totally agree he'll never be a prime scorer but he's a solid player defensively and he can chip in with some offense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad