Post-Game Talk: GAME #35 - Canucks @ Oilers - March 30, 2013

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
Meh, we were grinding out 6 wins. The core players have had to cover game after game for our all-star AHL lineup and they're out of gas. They'll bounce back. We could lose to SJS but I expect a bounce back in a few games.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Well that will happen this summer because this is the lineup with no changes.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Jensen-Kesler-Booth EDIT: They could do this.
Kassian-???-Hansen
???-???-???

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Ballard-??? (Sign Tanev)

Schneider
Luongo?

we will sign at least one of Raymond or Higgins, Schroeder is an rfa as well

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Well that wasn't very good.

Next game i guess.

Despite most of what the talking heads on CBC post-game were talking about being complete and utter garbage (complaining about Garrison not on the 1st PP when he is, and isn't effective. claiming the Canucks have no cap-space to get help at the deadline, when we actually have a boatload available and the real problem is having no assets to move. etc. etc. etc.)...

They pretty much hit the nail on the head talking about how few goals this team has scored...even during the 'winning streak'. This team just isn't scoring enough. Not even close.

And yes, we have injuries...but to who? Kesler obviously hurts this team...but that's what 1 goal every 3 or 4 games we're missing? ~25-27g pace? That's not gonna do it. Booth is out, but he wasn't potting any goals against actual goaltenders anyway. Kassian is out, but he hasn't really shown any ability to score at a significant rate since the first two weeks of the season.

So while it's easy to fall back on, 'well this team is banged up among the forwards so we're not going to score much'...is there really that much in the way of 'the cavalry' coming? Doesn't look that way. Our roster is populated by AHLers up front...but when you really break it down, it's not like we have this 'crippling' long injury list. We're just not a very skilled/deep offensive team right now.

Big Naissak

4 8 15 16 23 42
Mar 28, 2012
Edmonton, Canucks.
This night is the worst. First this abomination of a game, then I went to get a snack and relax and I stub my toe & drop the toast and it lands on the nutella side down. I come back and turn on netflix and it says to many people are on this account right now. !@$!#@^$^~

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
i have to stop getting smashed for saturday night canucks games. I have gotten drunk for two so far and both this and the anaheim games have gone absolutely horribly. Good night guys.

Karter

Feb 16, 2012
Sherbrooke
Is it possible to patent the term "Goalie Meltdown" for our club exclusively?

I mean we've mastered it. Most goalies have good games, bad games, and okay games. We either have good games, or go into a fullscale meltdown.

Honestly. I know I shouldn't take this crap this seriously but how do you explain that performance out there?

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Is it possible to patent the term "Goalie Meltdown" for our club exclusively?

I mean we've mastered it. Most goalies have good games, bad games, and okay games. We either have good games, or go into a fullscale meltdown.

Honestly. I know I shouldn't take this crap this seriously but how do you explain that performance out there?

this is what happens when you rely 98.786745% on goaltending

Karter

Feb 16, 2012
Sherbrooke
this is what happens when you rely 98.786745% on goaltending

And it's honestly not even about the loss.

I was at work so I missed the game. All I knew was the score going into the replays and when I found out we lost 4 - 0 I was like oh well, we had a bad night, on to the next one.

Then I look at the time of the goals...

Atrocious. Embarrassing.. No words.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln