Post-Game Talk: GAME #35 - Canucks @ Oilers - March 30, 2013

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
And it's honestly not even about the loss.

I was at work so I missed the game. All I knew was the score going into the replays and when I found out we lost 4 - 0 I was like oh well, we had a bad night, on to the next one.

Then I look at the time of the goals...

Atrocious. Embarrassing.. No words.

Well they did have a bad night, perhaps a really terrible start is more accurate. This team, as of late, barely ever come back to "win it." A 4 goal deficit is a bit steep, especially for our line-up, who have been scrounging for goals. Was it just too much to overcome for them? I don't know, I turned it off after the first 4 minutes.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
My response upon entering my house 5 minutes late to the start of the game:

MdPdh1N.gif

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
My biggest frustration is I benched Hall tonight because I was buying into the hype on this board and thought he'd put up a goose egg against Schneider. :facepalm: But outside of that this game literally meant nothing. The end of a win streak because our team was tired and Schneider is mentally weak. C'est la vie.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
I know I shouldn't take this crap this seriously but how do you explain that performance out there?

Schneider had a really off night and Luongo wasn't warmed up well enough? I guess?

I bet all my vCash (50) on the Oilers tonight so I guess that worked out...

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
AV's comments piss me off so much

Why? The team actually doesn't have an answer for an offensively dynamic line like that unless the goalies stand on their heads or things go really well. Who are you going to send out against them? Ebbet? Schroeder? Lapierre, who looks like **** this year? Unless the sedins can go out and play keep away successfully, this roster has no way of reliably holding off a line like that. Beyond hank, there's nothing up the middle, and they've got a bunch of guys playing too far over their heads, lineup-wise. You'd have to be a ****ing idiot not to expect the wheels to fall off eventually with this patchwork lineup.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Why? The team actually doesn't have an answer for an offensively dynamic line like that unless the goalies stand on their heads or things go really well. Who are you going to send out against them? Ebbet? Schroeder? Lapierre, who looks like **** this year? Unless the sedins can go out and play keep away successfully, this roster has no way of reliably holding off a line like that. Beyond hank, there's nothing up the middle, and they've got a bunch of guys playing too far over their heads, lineup-wise. You'd have to be a ****ing idiot not to expect the wheels to fall off eventually with this patchwork lineup.

You match the Sedins out there, we have the ability to beat the Oilers, we really do, even with this lineup. His comments made us seem helpless and made it seem that our best just isn't good enough. I understand that we are hurting right now and the occasional night it will show, but we need to take responsibility, not say "Well, we have no answer to this team cause they are so good"

Nov 1, 2011
Is it possible to patent the term "Goalie Meltdown" for our club exclusively?

What do you think the STL game would look like if Schneider didn't stand on his head in the 1st?

I got news for a lot of people here, it's not the goalies, sometimes our team just isn't ready to play.

I don't know who you want to blame for that but it's the truth.

Today our "backup" goalie came off the bench and actually played pretty well (despite the two early goals) but our guys didn't help him at all.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
You match the Sedins out there, we have the ability to beat the Oilers, we really do, even with this lineup. His comments made us seem helpless and made it seem that our best just isn't good enough. I understand that we are hurting right now and the occasional night it will show, but we need to take responsibility, not say "Well, we have no answer to this team cause they are so good"

I don't see it that way at all. He said they didn't have an answer for that line because they were really going tonight. The unspoken part is that the Canucks weren't able to match up tonight. Obviously they can beat the oilers, even with this lineup, but it means things have to go right for them, and tonight it obviously didn't happen. With half your forward group out, you're going to have nights where any team in the league will make you look awful. That's just reality.

I don't really get what people expect him to say? He's not going to start ranting about stuff. Even if he did, people would claim he was throwing the team under the bus like they do every time he even remotely calls anyone out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->