GDT: Game #35 - BRUINS at Panthers - 12/22 7:30 PM | NESN, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
Playing Florida reminds me of last season, the blatant goal that was called not a goal and cost us the point.

I remember that night (day?) like it was yesterday, and being so completely dumbfounded that it wasnt called a goal. And this was after it was REVIEWED.

Now I'm angry again thanks... :shakehead

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Playing Florida reminds me of last season, the blatant goal that was called not a goal and cost us the point.

I remember that night (day?) like it was yesterday, and being so completely dumbfounded that it wasnt called a goal. And this was after it was REVIEWED.

Now I'm angry again thanks... :shakehead

WAYBACK MACHINE

NESN feed

Panthers feed

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
It was in the net but nobody saw any white between the puck and the line. It's a good call.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Another 7:30 game, damn. As one who awakes at 4:30am every weekday morning these 7:30 starts are hard for me. I usually crash around 9pm, but I let myself get away with 9:30ish on Bruins gameday nights.

I just can't get myself to stay up til 10pm+

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
It was in the net but nobody saw any white between the puck and the line. It's a good call.

The white between the puck and the post is just as good as between the line. Imagine that call deciding a playoff series. Now I'm pissed again.... :rant:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

That's complete bull, they can use common sense in calls. If the goalie's glove goes back in the net while the puck is in it, there is technically no solid proof the puck is in the net, yet they will call it a goal, common sense and logic says that puck was across the line as well.

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
That's complete bull, they can use common sense in calls. If the goalie's glove goes back in the net while the puck is in it, there is technically no solid proof the puck is in the net, yet they will call it a goal, common sense and logic says that puck was across the line as well.

You actually reminded me of this Lundqvist save on Krejci. I always thought this puck crossed the line while in his glove.

Edit: Im bad at posting youtube videos apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
As Fenway referenced earlier, no Luongo tonight. When the #1 goal tender is not playing, tend to think a game with the oppenent starting the back-up should help you cause in getting a win. Sure has not often worked out that way for the Bruins. Leaning more and more to being concerned than optimistic for a good result when it does happen. That will be the case tonight against Reimer, who has struggled in that role this season. :(

Straighten things out boys. You owe us much better efforts big time. Got that? Ok then, good. Thought for a moment might have to resort to sending a couple of select fans from this site over to, shall we say, have a little chat!

Now, Let's Go Bruins!

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Florida could put their equipment guy in after a dozen beers and that guy would still save 45+ shots and leave with a sub 2 GAA.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

But they don't

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
But they don't

But they do and have in the exact circumstance I described. Another example is the Mike Smith goal where the puck was stuck in his pants. No clear proof it was in, but common sense and logic called it a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad