Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
C0SJtljVIAAiv1y.jpg:large

EqOtGYy.jpg

TsKUuAC.jpg

00000146-02.jpg

Tonight's Officials

Referees Tim Peel (20), Frederick L'Ecuyer (17)
Linesmen Tim Nowak (77), Darren Gibbs (66)

Ntl. Anthem Devin Shattuck

WAYBACK MACHINE

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins visit the Panthers tonight in the 3rd of 5 games between these teams and the 2nd of 3 of this season’s series at BB&T Center … The Bruins are 17-14-3 thus far this season with a 9-5-3 mark on the road … They are 8-5-0 vs. Atlantic Division opponents
and are 12-8-3 vs. Eastern Conference teams this season.

They are opening tonight their 7th of 14 sets of back-to-back games, as they will play in Carolina tomorrow … They are currently 2-2-2 in the 1st of those games and are 1-5-0 in the 2nd game.

They playing tonight game 2 of their 9th of 16 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights to close out the pre-holiday portion of their schedule … They enter tonight’s game 4-4-1 in game 1s, 2-4-2 in game 2s and 3-5-0 in game 3s of those sets.

BOSTON vs FLORIDA, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Panthers are meeting for the 90th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 48-30-6-5 record and 255-222 scoring advantage in those games.

The Bruins are 25-14-2-2 in their 43 road games of this lifetime series with a 126-120 scoring edge in those contests.

The Bruins are 15-2-1 in their last 18 games vs. the Panthers, including 2-1 win in Florida on 11/1 and 4-3 OT win in Boston on 12/5 in the 1st 2 games of this season’s series, and they are 21-4-1 in their last 26 games of this lifetime set … They are 11-2-1 in their last 14 visits to Sunrise, including wins in their last 3 straight trips.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Dominic Moore is playing his 800th NHL game tonight.
Jimmy Hayes is 2 points short of his 100th NHL point.
Dominic Moore is 3 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal.

INJURIES (94 total man-games lost)

David Pastrnak – Right elbow; Day-to-day; Has missed 2 games
Matt Beleskey – Right knee; 6 wks from time of 12/3 injury; Has missed 6 games (IR)
John-Michael Liles – Concussion; Has missed 9 games (IR)

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20162017/[email protected]?1482414318000

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Pastrnak - Bergeron - Marchand
Backes - Krejci - Vatrano
Schaller - Spooner - Czarnik
Acciari/Hayes - Moore - Blidh

That's how i'd roll tonight.

Last edited:

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
They win games they should lose and lose games they should win, but they're about even with Florida so.... Flip a coin?

Every average to below average team beats good teams once in a while.

The Bruins still have a poor record against decent teams.

They're 6-12 (stats have OT losses as regular losses) against top 16 teams.

But since this game is away and we have a pretty healthy team, we should win.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Can't embed the tweet since I have difficulty doing it on my phone but Goucher says Acciari and Schaller are out and Vatrano and Pastrnak are in

Conroy has the PPs as: Krug-spooner-pasta-Bergeron-Marchand

Czarnik-chiller-Krejci-backes-vatrano

SMELLS LIKE GOALS

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm actually incredibly excited that Riley Nash isn't on the first line wing. That was getting depressing.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Can't embed the tweet since I have difficulty doing it on my phone but Goucher says Acciari and Schaller are out and Vatrano and Pastrnak are in

Conroy has the PPs as: Krug-spooner-pasta-Bergeron-Marchand

Czarnik-chiller-Krejci-backes-vatrano

SMELLS LIKE GOALS

Absolutely love this look. I might put Marchand on the 2nd pp though personally, but extremely glad they're trying something new.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
According to leftwinglock, lines at the skate were:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Spooner-Krejci-Backes
Vatrano-Czarnik-Nash
Blidh-Moore-Hayes

Defense was the same as last game.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them switched during the game, depending on how Vatrano and Pasta look

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
According to leftwinglock, lines at the skate were:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Spooner-Krejci-Backes
Vatrano-Czarnik-Nash
Blidh-Moore-Hayes

Defense was the same as last game.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them switched during the game, depending on how Vatrano and Pasta look

I would go with this:

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
Vatrano-Krejci-Backes
Schaller-Spooner-Czarnik
Blidh-Moore-Hayes

Enough with Nash neutralizing the lines...

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Really like the Bs chances. Claude has owned the Panthers the past few seasons. Too bad Gallant is not still with Fla because Claude completely out-coached him most every time they met. Tonight would be a great time for the offense to get its act together and start clicking.

Spanky185

Dec 1, 2014
Between BOS and NYC
Leaning towards a game they should win based on the lines and returns of Frankie V and Pasta.

So I think the coin landed on tails, expect a repeat of the Avs game...

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Need these division games.

This is a big game for the standings. Bruins have 2pts over TB and Flo but both these teams have a game in hand.

bruins lose tonight in regulation and they fall out of the playoffs picture. They win, they stay in 3rd in the division and they are now 4pts up on Flo with the tie-breaker.

Another thing: Bruins are closer to 16th in the conference (7pts) than 1st place in the division (9pts)

https://www.nhl.com/standings/wildcard

Go Bruins! Just win.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
I know I'm putting too much on Vatrano, but I'm just so damn excited for this kid. Imagine if he comes out on fire like Pasta has? I know he doesn't have the talent Pasta has, but his shot is lethal. That would give us two legit scoring weapons on the first line and an extremely solid second line with Krejci-Vatrano and Backes.

Man I hope Vatrano kills it. It would help this team so much.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Looking at the standings, if that could be how this season end, that would be perfect.

A date with Ott in round 1 while a tough metropolitain team (now Wsh) would play the Habs in round 1 and would likely beat them. :laugh:

Go Bruins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad