GDT: Game 35: 12/18/2018 - Red Wings @ Flyers - 7:00 PM ET FS-D

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Is it me or do we always get outshot by a wide margin when Bernier's in?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
14 shots through 2 periods

tumblr_p110lpn4hl1qbj6jho4_250.gif

IT'S f***ING EMBARRASSING

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
The Flyers are going to play well in front of a new head coach and goalie. This had loss written all over it.

This is exactly what I said before the game. The directive to protect Hart likely came from the front office, too. Hart is shakey in the AHL right now but he’s still one of the best goalie prospects in the game and the Flyers of all organizations need to insulate him while he’s impressionable. Good call, really.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
What a boring, uneventful, disgusting effort. They've mailed it in, nobody on our team looks like they give a ****. This is last season all over again now. Trade everyone except Larkin and Cholowski.

AA has completely disappeared, as per usual. The guy tried for a 25 game stretch, and now he's invisible again. He's one of the most inconsistent players I have ever seen. He should be a 60+ point player, instead he struggles to hit 40 because he just doesn't care half the time.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
What a boring, uneventful, disgusting effort. They've mailed it in, nobody on our team looks like they give a ****. This is last season all over again now. Trade everyone except Larkin and Cholowski.

AA has completely disappeared, as per usual. The guy tried for a 25 game stretch, and now he's invisible again. He's one of the most inconsistent players I have ever seen. He should be a 60+ point player, instead he struggles to hit 40 because he just doesn't care half the time.

AA has always been streaky, I would give him a little more time to get out of this slump before giving up on him.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

Dude, these guys just overperformed and busted their asses for like 2 months straight. They’re rebuilding. Almost everyone is playing higher up on the depth chart than they should be. They’re playing a team who is protecting their golden goose in Hart and auditioning for a new coach. This is a perfectly acceptable result from time to time given this situation.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Dude, these guys just overperformed and busted their asses for like 2 months straight. They’re rebuilding. Almost everyone is playing higher up on the depth chart than they should be. They’re playing a team who is protecting their golden goose in Hart and auditioning for a new coach. This is a perfectly acceptable result from time to time given this situation.

Mailing it in is not acceptable under any circumstances, I'm glad you're not the coach.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
DLR cashing in that good karma. Been working hard and doing the little things well.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Mailing it in is not acceptable under any circumstances, I'm glad you're not the coach.

Who is “mailing it in” except for the guys who have been all season? What I’m saying is it’s unrealistic to expect this team to continue to bust their asses and overperform. For what? They’re humans and they’re burned out.

And what does coaching have to do with it? Of course you aren’t going to endorse giving less than 100% as the coach. But you aren’t going to call your team out for putting in a “disgusting” performance on a night like this either.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Good god what are we doing out there now? Can't get out of our own zone..

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
I know Cholo's young and I don't expect him to be perfect defensively but just tonight he's made more mistakes than a mother of nine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad