GDT: Game 34: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens 4/3/21 7:00pm EST CBC, CITY SN, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I like those lines. Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson was clearly not working anymore. We just need to take a look at their +/- stats.

The Suzuki line needs a finisher, Drouin and Suzuki are both pass first type guys and Anderson is more of an off the rush or in front of the net scorer. I think I like Perry there as a temporary solution, long term I’d like see what Caufield can do there.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I really like our forwards lineup! And we'll add Eric Staal and Cole Caufield to it soon.

I'm not being demanding in thinking that anything less than winning at least a round in the playoff would be a disappointment.

Depending on who we face.. I don't really wanna match up against Toronto round 1. Will require us to play some perfect games to handle their star power.

Reactions: Redux91

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
T61ZdrI.jpg

Ckj6i9m.jpg

1POmIVw.jpg
Where is Eric Stall?

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
This is a fool's errand. We have several AHL players who can be expected to fill a NHL role eventually. Those are not plug and play types of players for next season. Unless of course we don't intend to make the playoffs next year and instead want to revert back to a "transition year".

Plenty of the guys we have in the AHL should be ready to occasionally play in the NHL next year in case we need it. I don't think they should be full time, but if there's long term injuries then I think you have to make a long term move anyway.

Certainly not going to not make a move right now because of next years depth. Just silliness from the TSN guys, like usual.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
This is like those twitter memes of people saying they'd rather not get a stimulus cheque because they want to earn it :laugh:

I'll take the worst teams in the playoffs if it gets us to a cup
Umm ok ? That made absolutely no sense

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I like that we're leaning into speed on the 4th and giving Perry the right linemates to maximize his scoring. Anderson's speed and power will create space for #94

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Plenty of the guys we have in the AHL should be ready to occasionally play in the NHL next year in case we need it. I don't think they should be full time, but if there's long term injuries then I think you have to make a long term move anyway.

Certainly not going to not make a move right now because of next years depth. Just silliness from the TSN guys, like usual.
I think by depth they meant regular players, just lower down the lineup, which is not the part-time roles you are referring to. I tend to agree with them. Lehkonen, for example, is a player we will likely have to rely on more next season, with Tatar gone. Moving him in a salary-clearing deal, as was often suggested, makes little sense imo.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I wonder how many penalties stupid Leks will take tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad