GDT: Game 34: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens 4/3/21 7:00pm EST CBC, CITY SN, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
With Calgary 6 points behind and with the Habs having 5 games in hand a win tonight will drive a serious nail into both Vancouver and Calgary's playoff aspirations.

With 18-19 games to play for Calgary and Vancouver it would take a disaster for the Habs to miss the playoffs. I don’t see much difference between facing Toronto-Winnipeg or Edmonton so if im Ducharme, i would think about having every body fresh for when the real season starts.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
69.23 CF%, 77.03 xGF% Tuesday night.

73.08 CF%, 71.38 xGF% last night.

Yup - Need to convert possession analytics into actual production output - all that line has to show last two games is Anderson’s shot hitting goal post on Thursday.

Suzuki in last 10GP has 2G (vs Van) + 1A
Suzuki could find himself on the wing, of Eric Staal....push JD down with Evans.

Reactions: Runner77

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
69.23 CF%, 77.03 xGF% Tuesday night.

73.08 CF%, 71.38 xGF% last night.

Yup - Need to convert possession analytics into actual production output - all that line has to show last two games is Anderson’s shot hitting goal post on Thursday.

Suzuki in last 10GP has 2G (vs Van) + 1A
Its definitely a good thing that the Tatar - Danault - Gally line have been playing good lately, although i'd like to see all 4 lines rolling to their full potential. It seems like theres always some sort of inbalance. We saw Price play poorly - Team plays good... Than we saw, Price play good - Team plays poorly... We saw Suzuki's line play good - Danault and Tatar go MIA for a while offensively, etc etc.

But hey, it would all be worth it if the Habs somehow managed to pull off a upset and put out the Leafs 4 straight in the first round of the playoffs, with EVERYBODY showing up :D:D:D

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-4-3_9-22-17.png

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Let's put a 4th win in a row for the first time this season.
With Calgary's lost last night, it could seal their fate which is most likely already over.

And we are in a good position to move up the ranking, would be nice to have home ice advantage in the playoff.

Reactions: Rapala and Tyson

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Perry, Armia, Toffoli have not much if any pace, Staal? or is it Stale? Toffoli sounds Italian, what is that in English? So-slow-ly? :huh::laugh:

Tiffoli has 18 goals, Perry is just clearly better than armia and a good fit on the powerplay. Staal even at 36 is faster than armia. Last year when nhl locked down at 35 he was on pace for 24 goals 58 points(over82) a point total armia has not come close to.

Reactions: angusyoung

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Someone on 690 was saying a few minutes ago, that management needs to be very careful about who they end up moving since the pundit was asserting that several of the players we have now may not be returning next season.

He was suggesting that the excess you might be tempted to trade now might be your depth that you won’t have next season.

I don’t know about that — maybe some of the expiring contracts might be extended for another season if the players involved are productive and enjoy their experience here.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Why trade Drouin? He play very well this season. Just put more goals in his actual stats and his the guy we wanted in Sergachev trade. 70 points type player.

I can take this.

Why trade Drouin? He is paid as one of the highest paid players on the team, despite this.. his production involves no goals and no threat of goals (big for a playmaker) and a whole lot of second assists from being carried by Suzuki/Anderson.

He play very well this season... eh, not really.. he's playing -better- in spurts, but most of it is just due to being a passenger on a line that compliments him better than previous lines he's been on.

Just put more goals in his actual stats - doesn't work this way, he can't score goals.. so we can't manufacture goals for his stat line.

and his the guy we wanted in Sergachev trade - no, the guy we wanted in the Sergachev trade was a genuine game breaker. We got a defensively irresponsible player who needs to be carried by a line and doesn't genuinely fit anywhere.

70 points type player. - Where? He's on pace for a 55 point season. That's up there with his best Habs season.. nowhere near 70 points and nowhere near good enough to get rid of a defenseman who has the same production as him... from the back end.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Someone on 690 was saying a few minutes ago, that management needs to be very careful about who they end up moving since the pundit was asserting that several of the players we have now may not be returning next season.

He was suggesting that the excess you might be tempted to trade now might be your depth that you won’t have next season.

I don’t know about that — maybe some of the expiring contracts might be extended for another season if the players involved are productive and enjoy their experience here.

yeah that sounds like someone thinking too hard to be negative or come up with a problem. We have tons of ahl guys who can be relied upon as short term depth for next year i think.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Why trade Drouin? He play very well this season. Just put more goals in his actual stats and his the guy we wanted in Sergachev trade. 70 points type player.
He is not a 70 point player. He is what he is...50 points at best.

Personally I would rather take his salary and use it to keep Danault who brings so much more than Drouin despite what all of the HF experts say.
We have players coming up that will easily replace Drouin.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
He is not a 70 point player. He is what he is...50 points at best.

Personally I would rather take his salary and use it to keep Danault who brings so much more than Drouin despite what all of the HF experts say.
We have players coming up that will easily replace Drouin.
What 50 point player is coming up from Laval? Caufield is already replacing Tatar

Reactions: Sterling Archer

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016

Which means at least 2 of Danault, Tatar, and Armia are leaving, which we all kind of already knew.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
yeah that sounds like someone thinking too hard to be negative or come up with a problem. We have tons of ahl guys who can be relied upon as short term depth for next year i think.
This is a fool's errand. We have several AHL players who can be expected to fill a NHL role eventually. Those are not plug and play types of players for next season. Unless of course we don't intend to make the playoffs next year and instead want to revert back to a "transition year".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad