GDT: Game 34: Maple Leafs @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I still think we should get another apology letter from the marketing team on behalf of the entire franchise.

We're sorry the team is incredibly bad and everybody is regressing.
We will do our best to turn things around.
But not really.

Coyotes 2.0
Coyotes 1.5

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I honestly cannot handle this **** anymore. WJC starts next week, I'm joining rt in stopping watching Coyotes games for a while.

I've chosen to go to the bowl game instead of the coyotes game on Tuesday.

I don't care for either team playing in the bowl game. Just don't want to spend money on this team until Tippett is fired.

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
Powerplay time with one minute left in an already lost cause; Stone, McGinn and Holland play the entirety of it and look like **** the whole time.

**** you Dave, I hope your turkey gives you salmonella

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Fourth straight loss. 11-18-5. I can hear a tank approaching. Tippett said he couldn't handle another one. Here's hoping.

Feb 12, 2003
There really are few coaches in the NHL that are as good in a tank as Tippett. He is really committed and it is usually too painful for most coaches who just want to win now. You really have to give him credit for that because we've seen a couple of years in a row now that he has successfully tanked. Going back the past 5 years or so we've had a number of seasons he can consider a successful tank.

Teams like Buffalo didn't have the stomach for it, they tanked a couple of seasons and gave up. Just like the way he coaches, there is no giving up for Tippett. He follows through and you see that same commitment on the ice from his players.

Edmonton tanked for a longer period of time, but none of their coaches could survive and endure it year after year.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
I don't expect this team to be a playoff team by any means. But for god sakes can we get a coach that wants to help build this team for the future. There is no doubt in my mind that Dave Tippett can be a good coach in the right situation, but this is literally the worst possible situation for the type of coach he is.

On a side note, I know Nash said OEL is playing hurt but it also seems like he just doesn't believe in the coaching staff and has truly given up.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
What was the point of scratching Perlini for KConn?

To add more experience so we can properly execute and not chase the game, plus try. Lots, and lots of try.

Likely to have 3 left handed dmen, not sure why Perlini is the one who got scratched though.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
I feel bad for Stone. Even though I've been a huge critic of Stone I always thought he was a bottom-pairing/fringe NHL guy pre-injury it's apparent he's a lot worse now because he can't turn or skate at this level. Nobody's going to trade for him and no one is probably going to sign him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad