GDT: Game #34 | Detroit Red Wings @ San Jose Sharks | 10:30 PM EST | FS-D

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
I don't think he's a bust, just that he isn't going to be what he could've. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

I don't think you were around for Lidstrom's early years. I'm not comparing Lidstrom to Smith, but even Lidstrom had his share of issues early on. It's a fairly common thing for rookies to not thrive immediately.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I think the game could've gone either way really. A fluke goal like that late in the first after a 50/50 period is a gamechanger on the road even if not scoring a goal is unacceptable.

And I wasn't a fan of how the game was ref'd. It's no surprise it turned out a low scoring affair letting all kinds of hooks, holds and interferences get away from the first minute. For both teams I should say. Just an unenjoyable game to watch imo.

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
I think the game could've gone either way really. A fluke goal like that late in the first after a 50/50 period is a gamechanger on the road even if not scoring a goal is unacceptable.

And I wasn't a fan of how the game was ref'd. It's no surprise it turned out a low scoring affair letting all kinds of hooks, holds and interferences get away from the first minute. For both teams I should say. Just an unenjoyable game to watch imo.

Agreed on everything. I think the Wings just wanted to get home at the end of a long road trip. They didn't seem interested out there. And SJ's boring defensive hockey didn't help matters.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I do not get what Babcock expects from the Lashoff-Smith pairing.

All in all, a very good road trip with 6 out of 8 points.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Just not a very good hockey game.

6 out of 8 points against Ana,PHX,SJ. I'll take it

RedWingsNow*

Just because he had a "temper tantrum" doesn't mean he didn't have any valid points in his rant. We are a little to hard on players and if you're not a superstar or not scoring then when you make a mistake we're unfairly hard on them. I'll admit I'm a victim of falling into this trap.

But the negativity does become quite comical some times. If you said we would get 4 points out on this road trip I'd say it was an okay trip, we got 6, beating Anaheim twice, and then we came out and **** the bed tonight. Big whoop it happens to every team at some point and right now we're safely in the playoffs.

It's nice to be able to blame people and as fans we have the right but sometimes we go a wee bit overboard. I'd be more inclined to hop on the negativity bandwagon if we were losing games but we're winning so they must be doing something right.

1. Don't go to GDTs for good, solid, even-handed analysis. GDT's are about instant analysis. If tempertantrum boy expects more, positive or negative, then that his own fault he's disappointed.
2. The positivity becomes comical when the Wings have a great shift or a few good games in a row. A few days ago, Justin Abdelkader had the fluke hat trick of his life. IMMEDIATELY, people began praising Babcock for the dumbest line in the NHL -- Ignoring the previous three weeks. And of course, Abdelkader has continued his suckage ever since.

RedWingsNow*

I thought the refs did a pretty decent job until giving the Wings the late PP.

They were consistent.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006

I agree on the refs. Its any wonder why the shut out their last 2 opponents if they can just tackle near the nets. My favorite play was the faceoff in the end. Dats won it 2 times ref stopped play. Once the sharks won it well that meant it was a clean draw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad