GDT: Game #34 | Detroit Red Wings @ San Jose Sharks | 10:30 PM EST | FS-D

Detroit Sports*

How is this Howards fault

he gives up too many back breaker goals. he isnt a money goalie. he isnt clutch. his positioning IS TERRIBLE! he over commits, rebound control is bad. freezes pucks he shouldnt has no game flow. i think he sucks. monster is better than him...

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
What the **** is your problem? What did I do to you?

You agreed with someone who just threw a temper tantrum.

Literally, in an argument amongst teenagers, you just sided with the 4 year old.

It's the Internet and just like television, if you don't like what you're looking at, change the channel or turn it off.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane

Literally, in an argument amongst teenagers, you just sided with the 4 year old.

It's the Internet and just like television, if you don't like what you're looking at, change the channel or turn it off.

Teenagers? Is that why no one has any sense around here?

Aug 6, 2012

Unless its a Wngs game where you keep it on the entire time hoping for something magical.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
he gives up too many back breaker goals. he isnt a money goalie. he isnt clutch. his positioning IS TERRIBLE! he over commits, rebound control is bad. freezes pucks he shouldnt has no game flow. i think he sucks. monster is better than him...

Lol the ****? You gotta be a parody, right?

theYman

Feb 28, 2008

Sums up this game perfectly.

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
Howard's fault?

Please explain how a puck off of Kronwall's skate and a horri-bad play by Lashoff is Howard's fault.

Side note; not crying about Mule being out. I really detest that guy.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
So to recap. The blame for this game goes to Aaron Ward, mindfly, Jimmy Howard and meanies with nothing positive to say. Did I miss anything?

Detroit Sports*

our roster has more players i dont want than i do. this is really sad. we are happy to get in the playoffs. i remember when i would be absolutely pissed if we didnt win the cup. our standards are so low right now!

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Pretty pathetic game by everyone except Datsyuk. Team seemed totally content with losing this game since they already had what they would call a successful road trip

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
So to recap. The blame for this game goes to Aaron Ward, mindfly, Jimmy Howard and meanies with nothing positive to say. Disregarding I miss anything?

But the important parts is that we're angry at something. It doesn't matter what, as long as there is anger. Choose your whipping boy and let him have it!

Detroit Sports*

Howard isn't to blame for this loss, that is ridiculous to claim. Turnovers and dumb defensive plays are to blame.

he doesn't steal games. we need a goalie to win us the game, not ''give us a chance''....

Mort Divine

Jun 12, 2012
Fargo, ND
our roster has more players i dont want than i do. this is really sad. we are happy to get in the playoffs. i remember when i would be absolutely pissed if we didnt win the cup. our standards are so low right now!

no they're not

some people are just realistic that this team isn't a cup contender so we have to make due until our next wave of prospects come to the big club and shake things up

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
Teenagers? Is that why no one has any sense around here?

Well, I didn't want to give too much credit to the level of conversation and call it adult. It's a message board and it isn't being judged or peer reviewed and attached to one's good name. So of course, people's lowest common denominator shines through.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga

Just because he had a "temper tantrum" doesn't mean he didn't have any valid points in his rant. We are a little to hard on players and if you're not a superstar or not scoring then when you make a mistake we're unfairly hard on them. I'll admit I'm a victim of falling into this trap.

But the negativity does become quite comical some times. If you said we would get 4 points out on this road trip I'd say it was an okay trip, we got 6, beating Anaheim twice, and then we came out and **** the bed tonight. Big whoop it happens to every team at some point and right now we're safely in the playoffs.

It's nice to be able to blame people and as fans we have the right but sometimes we go a wee bit overboard. I'd be more inclined to hop on the negativity bandwagon if we were losing games but we're winning so they must be doing something right.

Mort Divine

Jun 12, 2012
Fargo, ND
he doesn't steal games. we need a goalie to win us the game, not ''give us a chance''....

********. He just stole that second game against Anaheim. If you think Detroit had ANY business being in that game if not for Howard you're sorely mistaken.

He has been absolutely worth every penny they will be paying him since about 10 games into the season...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad