GDT: Game #34 | Detroit Red Wings @ San Jose Sharks | 10:30 PM EST | FS-D

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
But the important parts is that we're angry at something. It doesn't matter what, as long as there is anger. Choose your whipping boy and let him have it!

Like you with Nyquist? At least the dissatisfaction with some of these guys is warranted. You choose to focus on a rookie.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
It's natural for fans of a team to pick apart things that they could improve upon. I agree some could find better word choices to vent. HFBoard's isn't perfect but it's miles better than the alternative forums which seem to be blind homer optimism, which is insufferable on the other end of the scale.

The important thing is all here (well, most) want Detroit to win. When that doesn't happen, initial overreactions are expected. The main thing with some around here is they forget to take a step back and look at the larger picture in most scenarios.

TL;DR, don't leave RedMenace. We're all one big, dysfunctional, happy family. :nod:

jroc86

Jun 12, 2012
Pretty boring game ... we really struggle with San Jose's size. Man Filpula really played a useless game - he has NO MASS as a puck carrier. Looks scared out there against big players.

Well Sammy and Franzens a fairly even tradeoff ... Id like to see Tatar called back up ASAP. Nyquist isnt cutting it.

Re:the Deadline the move id almost like to see is Jagr is he can be had for cheap as its frustrating watching Pavel look like an Island out there. ****mortgaging the future for JBo. If we get Dekeyser and plant Lashoff inthe pressbox.

Big game Sunday. Breathing room tonight would have been nice

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
6 out of 8 points on the west coast trip?

not-bad-obama-625x625.png

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
he doesn't steal games. we need a goalie to win us the game, not ''give us a chance''....

Did you just derp or something? He's stolen several games for us this season alone. Please don't tell me that you think this pathetic defense and offense is what's getting us through this season... 3 players.

Datsyuk. Zetterberg. Howard. As much as you hate the guy..without him...we aren't in the playoff picture.

And no, the Monster isn't better. You can't stop with that nonsense already. :laugh:

Edge of Sanity*

Zetterberg, Filppula, Nyquist, Smith, and Lashoff were all horrible tonight.

So pretty much, business as usual for these five.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
(...) some people are just realistic that this team isn't a cup contender so we have to make due until our next wave of prospects come to the big club and shake things up

Our standards should be lower than a few years ago indeed. However, this game war completely horrible unless you aim for a top draft pick. The team lacked hustle, determination and most of all precision when passing, making San Jose look like the team with a longer rest.

Gruß,
BSHH

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
Just because he had a "temper tantrum" doesn't mean he didn't have any valid points in his rant. We are a little to hard on players and if you're not a superstar or not scoring then when you make a mistake we're unfairly hard on them. I'll admit I'm a victim of falling into this trap.

But the negativity does become quite comical some times. If you said we would get 4 points out on this road trip I'd say it was an okay trip, we got 6, beating Anaheim twice, and then we came out and **** the bed tonight. Big whoop it happens to every team at some point and right now we're safely in the playoffs.

It's nice to be able to blame people and as fans we have the right but sometimes we go a wee bit overboard. I'd be more inclined to hop on the negativity bandwagon if we were losing games but we're winning so they must be doing something right.

Fair. But I don't frequent these boards solely for constructive and insightful perspective on all things hockey or Wings related. I mean ****, half the fun is reading the meltdowns and sarcastic quips of devolving fanbases spinning around the shared bowl of mediocrity.

But that's just me.

Last edited:

CloneHakanPlease*

LOL @ signling out Nyquist. He wasn't good, but he wasn't bad. Around 9 other forwards I'd call out before him.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
He was at least trying, but he made a couple REALLY bad passes that lead to turnovers, but what forward DIDN'T do that tonight.

He hasn't impressed me with the amount of hype he's been given by people here. Tatar and Nyquist are roughly the same size but Tatar plays so much bigger. We need him back. Nyquist hasn't been bad. Just disappointing.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Boring game with a bad result, but if you would have told me we'd go 3-1 on the road trip I'd be very satisfied. So I'm really not that mad.

I'm still worried though, because even if we were to assume that Jimmy will play this strong for the rest of the season and into the playoffs, I'm not sure we have enough talent upfront to win games.

Smith looks like he has no confidence right now.

Aug 6, 2012
Boring game with a bad result, but if you would have told me we'd go 3-1 on the road trip I'd be very satisfied. So I'm really not that mad.

I'm still worried though, because even if we were to assume that Jimmy will play this strong for the rest of the season and into the playoffs, I'm not sure we have enough talent upfront to win games.

Smith looks like he has no confidence right now.

I don't know if we're ever going to see Smith blossom. I think that extra year in the AHL really hurt his development and he actually regressed.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I think Smith is injured and because of the competition for spots on the back end, is playing hurt rather than letting whatever it is heal.

He just isn't skating like he did last year and I don't think playing in the AHL made him lose speed at his age.

It actually seems like a few wings are playing banged up because of how close the standings are.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
I don't know if we're ever going to see Smith blossom. I think that extra year in the AHL really hurt his development and he actually regressed.

I think everyone should have realized this year was going to be rough for Smith, so lets hold on to the "bust" talks until at least next off-season.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I really would love to see a game where cleary's ice time was switched with tootoo's. It would not have been bad either to pick up semin this year instead of about the 10 million of wasted cap space dollars on this team (the 5 game brothers is 5.5 million right their and everyone it pretty much seems has at least 4.5 million in personal whipping boys as well).

I wouldn't mind DD but that just means instead of sending lashoff down he would trade/waive huskins. I really wouldn't be against jbow for quincy+ he would be a improvement but how many years are left on his contract? Yandle is worthless and we have sproal comming along in about 2-4 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad