GDT: Game 33 | Sens in Hockeytown USA | Friday Dec 14, 2018, 7:30PM | TSN5, RDS2

Another Mr Lizard

I heard he was Danish
Nov 19, 2017
lol
eyebrow12.jpg
That’s him/her.

Reactions: Alex1234

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I was wondering what the numbers would look like without/with Boro since to my eyes the team looks better without him. I got GAA of 4.18 with and 3.63 without. Can someone check my work? I just quickly scribbled it on a post it note so I'm not sure if its correct.

It honestly makes sense though. The difference between having Boro vs not is literally half a goal a game. Far less running around in our zone and fewer terrible mistakes in the neutral zone.

and I dunno if its just me but Ceci plays better too when boro not playing. It's like Ceci doesn't go into panic mode after seeing someone play however he wants

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I haven't finished watching the game yet but felt I needed to jump in here quick and say what the heck is up with Ben Harpur This guy has decided to add big hits and punishing fights to his game all of a sudden. That was the third fight in a row where he absolutely tuned up the opponent.

I think this big kid has decided that using his size to dominate opponents is going to keep him in the game, and I'll be damned if it isn't working. He keeps up and he'll be a rare player in the league.

Skill wise he is good enough to play in the league as well so if he hits and fights as well... Watch out!

He’s looking more comfortable. Playing the way he did in the AHL, he was never shy of physical side there, they even had to tell him to fight less at one point.

Reactions: LeProspector

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Glad to see Harpur playing well. I’ve been critical of his play this season but he has good size and a decent skill set and if he can put it all together he could be a good player.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
solid win.

hopefully they have enough in the tank for tonight

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Guys like Harpur, Falk are great. Simple defence that doesn’t take stupid risks. It’s so underrated because PMD and PP dmen like Chabot/EK are fun to watch, but you can’t win without guys like Harpur and Falk. They stabilize things.
This defence is getting very unpleasant to play against. I've liked Boro more than most, but I would not start him ahead of any of the guys they used in Detroit.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Wonder what the coaching staff thinks to themselves when they see the team clearly playing better with the subtractions of their personal favourite non NHL players...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
White was awarded an assist on Stone's goal giving him 21 pts in 32 games. I get his production is buoyed by Stone but still pretty impressive.. He should be able to hit 40 pts in his rookie season which would be fantastic as far as I am concerned. He's due for a game where the puck goes in for him as well.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
White was awarded an assist on Stone's goal giving him 21 pts in 32 games. I get his production is buoyed by Stone but still pretty impressive.. He should be able to hit 40 pts in his rookie season which would be fantastic as far as I am concerned. He's due for a game where the puck goes in for him as well.
Just a good all around player,with room to grow...Thinking he should be a fixture somewhere in our top 9 for many years

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Guys like Harpur, Falk are great. Simple defence that doesn’t take stupid risks. It’s so underrated because PMD and PP dmen like Chabot/EK are fun to watch, but you can’t win without guys like Harpur and Falk. They stabilize things.
Harpur makes a lot of of unecessarily risky plays, I think his brain just shuts off too often. However, if he starts to regularly play with the physical edge he's starting to, I'm okay with that. He needs to have that nastiness in his game.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Ya he’s hit his fair share of posts recently

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Harpur makes a lot of of unecessarily risky plays, I think his brain just shuts off too often. However, if he starts to regularly play with the physical edge he's starting to, I'm okay with that. He needs to have that nastiness in his game.

I think Harpur's game has improved recently.. He has trouble in certain scenarios but overall his game is improving. I think there is more there. I disagree with his brain shutting off vs a player that is breaking into the league and gets over-matched some times. He's worthy of a bottom pair spot, and maybe more if he becomes more and more solid as he gains experience

Reactions: slamigo and aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Pregame Show Dean Brown guessing Pyatt and McCormick are out ; Going 11-7

Pregame lines

Tkachuk White Stone
Boedker Tierney Ryan
Dzingle Smith Paajarvi
Paul -x- Batherson

Chabot Harpur
Lajoie Ceci
Falk Elliott
Burgdoerfer
Burgdoerfer has played well but he should have put McCormick in there against all those small annoying Hab A-holes instead of going with the 11-7. Of course, GB is another dickhead coach like JM who doesn't like the rough stuff. If he would just let the players play a physical game against the stinking Habs they could beat them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad