GDT: Game 33 | Sens in Hockeytown USA | Friday Dec 14, 2018, 7:30PM | TSN5, RDS2

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Good win. Gotta get these wins to climb those standings. Move those sticks.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Pretty good game.

Harpur I thought had a very solid night.
Lajoie was good aside from a shift or two.

2nd period was a little rough,

Smith I thought had a really uneven game. He had some shifts where he was really effective in gaining possession in their end and created pressure, but he also had some really rough plays.

All around I though we played well, we went into that defensive shell to protect the lead, but instead of giving up our line, did a real solid job of stepping up and disrupting the entry.

My only complaint is the bench management; why have Elliot in the lineup if your only playing him 5 mins? Paul had a pretty solid night, but only 6 mins. got to find a way to use everybody in the lineup, and playing 7-11 doesn't seem to be it.

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
Hopefully this gives the boys some confidence on the road. Really solid effort overall, they just need to apply it consistently. Young team; I think it will come with time.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I told my girlfriend she’d drawn her eyebrows on too high. She seemed surprised...
lol
eyebrow12.jpg

Reactions: Another Mr Lizard

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Looks like Harpur was great tonight, even burgdoerfer and falk getting almost 10-15 mins in ice time, Elliott with 5 minutes and getting an assist. They're not flashy defenceman or anything but we need their defensive abilty if we have any shot at the playoffs.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Harpurs best game since the playoffs.

I think someone said that about his last game. He must be getting better. I think he has it in him .. I don't understand why he is being chastised so early. If he can keep getting a little better here and there .. its good ... lessens the need for Ceci,. who I have decided is one of the lowest IQ players in the league... He is just a man of very little brain. He has little vision out there .. he has learned through a million reps what to do .. its just the doing of it that is difficult for him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Plus it'll be a big morale boost for the boys against a rival on Saturday night.

Let's see what Boucher does to pump and prepare his team after 2 abysmal back to back efforts against them.
Hopefully McKenna can stand on his head again. Detroit doesn't forecheck as hard as Montreal

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Hopefully McKenna can stand on his head again. Detroit doesn't forecheck as hard as Montreal

Yea, they have speed to burn on all fronts too and are tenacious. One of the reasons I believe MTL got their way was cause Lajoie was not there. He does really well against fast hard checking teams (see NSH)

We will need a big game from Chabot and Lajoie + Mckenna. Hopefully Harpur doesn't get burned as often like he did last week.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I haven't finished watching the game yet but felt I needed to jump in here quick and say what the heck is up with Ben Harpur This guy has decided to add big hits and punishing fights to his game all of a sudden. That was the third fight in a row where he absolutely tuned up the opponent.

I think this big kid has decided that using his size to dominate opponents is going to keep him in the game, and I'll be damned if it isn't working. He keeps up and he'll be a rare player in the league.

Skill wise he is good enough to play in the league as well so if he hits and fights as well... Watch out!

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I was wondering what the numbers would look like without/with Boro since to my eyes the team looks better without him. I got GAA of 4.18 with and 3.63 without. Can someone check my work? I just quickly scribbled it on a post it note so I'm not sure if its correct.

It honestly makes sense though. The difference between having Boro vs not is literally half a goal a game. Far less running around in our zone and fewer terrible mistakes in the neutral zone.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
I was wondering what the numbers would look like without/with Boro since to my eyes the team looks better without him. I got GAA of 4.18 with and 3.63 without. Can someone check my work? I just quickly scribbled it on a post it note so I'm not sure if its correct.

It honestly makes sense though. The difference between having Boro vs not is literally half a goal a game. Far less running around in our zone and fewer terrible mistakes in the neutral zone.
Check the games earlier this season and all the games he missed last year as well. For this stretch of games we've been okay, Harpur is underated.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa

thanks for reminding me of that bum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad