GDT: Game 33 | Sens in Hockeytown USA | Friday Dec 14, 2018, 7:30PM | TSN5, RDS2

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
VS7Tyr6.png

Game Day: Ottawa Senators at Detroit Red Wings

PROJECTED LINEUP

TKACHUK - WHITE - STONE
BOEDKER - TIERNEY - RYAN
DZINGEL - SMITH - PAAJARVI
PAUL - BATHERSON

(No Pyatt? No Problem)

CHABOT - HARPUR
LAJOIE - CECI
FALK - ELLIOT
BURGDOERFER

ANDERSON
MCKENNA

Ottawa Senators on Twitter

LAST GAME | 1-3 LOSS

PLAYER TO WATCH | OTTAWA | BOBBY RYAN (back from concussion)

PLAYER TO WATCH | DETROIT | DYLAN LARKIN (13 g 17 a)

SCORING LEADERS

TTjKwZz.png

1xJ5aoH.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Tundraman

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
GSG! Not sure if I'd rather start Andy tonight or tomorrow. Heading to the game tomorrow, we need to win in Montreal or else I won't make it out of enemy territories.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
impossible to predict if we win or lose this game. Progress to me is not getting dominated and having a team that looks like it is ready for 60 minutes of NHL competition.

Win or lose, I just want to see a team that plays like it has an answer to the play of the other team, right now they look like a team that is afraid to come out of their bunker. Effort and courage is there - confidence, processing and focus aren’t.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
GSG! Not sure if I'd rather start Andy tonight or tomorrow. Heading to the game tomorrow, we need to win in Montreal or else I won't make it out of enemy territories.

We have a back to back tonight and Saturday in Montreal, and then Monday home to Nashville. I think they should start McKenna tonight vs starting him in Montreal if that's the choice. Do we start Andy all 3? McKenna gave us a good game vs Boston but I am not sure how many of those we get.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Another "Optional Practice" day today eh, this team is starting to skate and practice less than they did last year. Can't blame Karlsson this time. Must be because of Stone or Dzingel this year.

***cue the usual suspects with the "2 back to backs, what do you expect***

Would be interesting to see how often this team practices going forward to prove that EK wasn't the problem and that the narrative given to the fanbase was just a load of bull and something they made up on the fly.

Last edited:

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
We have a back to back tonight and Saturday in Montreal, and then Monday home to Nashville. I think they should start McKenna tonight vs starting him in Montreal if that's the choice. Do we start Andy all 3? McKenna gave us a good game vs Boston but I am not sure how many of those we get.
Yes
Go softer team for McKenna and Anderson vs MT and Nash
I Think if we lose tonight , we lose 3 in a row so must win?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Another "Optional Practice" day today eh, this team is starting to skate and practice less than they did last year. Can't blame Karlsson this time. Must be because of Stone or Dzingel this year.

Would be interesting to see how often this team practices going forward to prove that EK wasn't the problem and that the narrative given to the fanbase was just a load of bull and something they made up on the fly.

speaking of narratives ,.. great gdt commentary right here

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
I've watched some DET games this season; they sort of remind me of the "pesky Sens" season. For certain, 1-goal won't win tonight, so hopefully we can figure out how to generate a bit more.

3-2 DET OT.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Andy is starting

Likely going 11-7 ; question mark on one player.. Boucher loves that. It allows him to give his faves more ice, while every thing looks in disarray.

Reactions: aragorn

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

That’s a big post about practice...

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

2nd game of back to back games, is always the harder one to win...... therefore they should focus on getting two points tonight, anything tomorrow would be a bonus.

Starting Anderson is the right move.

Reactions: DrEasy and aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Detroit is a team Ottawa can beat, hopefully they score first, that will help & keep the puck out of the defensive zone. Tomorrow is a different story but hopefully they turn it into a revenge game, like the Philly game yrs ago or the Buffalo game with Emery fighting Peters, those were fun games to watch.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Detroit is a team Ottawa can beat, hopefully they score first, that will help & keep the puck out of the defensive zone. Tomorrow is a different story but hopefully they turn it into a revenge game, like the Philly game yrs ago or the Buffalo game with Emery fighting Peters, those were fun games to watch.

Hopefully we get some of those goals we've been hitting posts on or just missing on the good chances

Reactions: aragorn

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Pregame Show Dean Brown guessing Pyatt and McCormick are out ; Going 11-7

Pregame lines

Tkachuk White Stone
Boedker Tierney Ryan
Dzingle Smith Paajarvi
Paul -x- Batherson

Chabot Harpur
Lajoie Ceci
Falk Elliott
Burgdoerfer

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Pregame Show Dean Brown guessing Pyatt and McCormick are out ; Going 11-7
I don’t get it. Boucher indicated pyatt was a player who could make a first line defensively conscious all by himself. But also some indications he could be scratch worthy? Which is it.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I don’t get it. Boucher indicated pyatt was a player who could make a first line defensively conscious all by himself. But also some indications he could be scratch worthy? Which is it.

Easy. He’s a first line player but if he’s not gonna be on the first line then he’s wasted on any other line so may as well scratch him.

Top 6 guy only.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad