GDT: Game 33: Sens @ Avs - December 21, 2023 7:00PM Win. Just Win. (Extended Stat Pack Edition)

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
More like Smejkal is stronger on that play.

Sorry SEPH, but you're wrong. You can clearly see Smejkal lift his leg and throw him back in the gif. That's a textbook slew foot. Smejkal looks like he's doing a Captain Morgan's impression.

How do you think his leg ended up completely horizontal with the ice while falling backward?

1703275123163.png

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Do you guys here want Lindholm or do you want some bandaid instead as 2C? If you want Lindholm than you have to be patient because CAL is most likely not selling for a while yet as they are currently still battling for a WC spot being only 3pts out.
I respectfully disagree, if they are sure they can't re-sign him, they won't let him walk out for nothing like Gaudreau did. Even if they make the playoffs, deep down they know they are not contenders as things stand.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I respectfully disagree, if they are sure they can't re-sign him, they won't let him walk out for nothing like Gaudreau did. Even if they make the playoffs, deep down they know they are not contenders as things stand.
I'm sure they will not let him walk for nothing or that would be stupid in their situation but:
1. The return could easily go up as the TDL approaches, and
2. They might one to use Lindholm as long as they can to increase their chance to make the playoffs then sell closer to the TDL. Playoffs are good revenues for the team.even only one series.

All I'm saying is that CMac might not have the choice. If he wants Lindholm he has to wait for CAL to make the decision of selling. Selling now when still very close to a WC spot is not a good look to their fans.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Oh I forgot, that last MacKinnon goal was definitely offside, wasn't it?

Definitely looked like it might have been, but there was no conclusive angle.

I thought it was funny though that Jordan Samuels-Thomas had irked the Avs players and fans in at least two games earlier in the season with bad officiating, then didn't make any of the 7 penalty calls in this game up until that point (and maybe none later not sure), but then the other ref let him announce the Avs had a good goal.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Nichushkin hit the top recorded speed in the league so far this year, last night.

Its not all that surprising. When he gets moving through the neutral zone he is insanely quick. And so hard to defend.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Someone needs to explain to me the cognitive dissonance of "mack was definitely offside" and "there was no visual evidence of it"
Physics.

The last frame that we can see he can barely touch the line with his skate and he's going forward. He's a small fraction of a second away from not being able to touch it anymore.

Meanwhile the puck is still well on the line. It's easy to conclude that he crossed to the other side before the puck.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Physics.

The last frame that we can see he can barely touch the line with his skate and he's going forward. He's a small fraction of a second away from not being able to touch it anymore.

Meanwhile the puck is still well on the line. It's easy to conclude that he crossed to the other side before the puck.

It doesn't seem like it was easy to conclude that for Toronto

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
For the life of me, I cannot understand why the NHL does not have cameras above the bluelines. They've got them above the goalies, put a couple cheap-ass HD cameras out above the bluelines and you'll be able to see offsides beautifully.

Probably plenty of security cameras in the rafters to monitor for anything suspcious too.

There was probably a guy from Chicago sitting behind a monitor somewhere screaming "Dese guys are offsides you friggin morons!"

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Judging by the time and rest of the post, I think you might have missed this dirty slew foot from Smejkal?

Textbook slew foot as well. Kicks the leg forward and throws him back. LOC went after him afterwards too.

I like that Bo kept battling to prevent the goal though, instead of laying on the ice or barking at the official.

View attachment 788558
Yeah, all I saw was Byram on the ice and nobody around him lol

Reactions: Foppa2118

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
If the NHL really wanted to get things right, they could use all the player and puck tracking technology to automatically call offsides, icing and goals. The technology is all there and being used for other things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad