GDT: Game 33: Sens @ Avs - December 21, 2023 7:00PM Win. Just Win. (Extended Stat Pack Edition)

Bensch88

Jan 15, 2012
Germany
Mac and Nuke have been awesome of late. Also very happy that JD seems to adjust to the way Bednar wants him to play. Maybe we can keep him next season. I so wanted RyJo to work out but the experiment failed so bad.
At least Mac shows that he is a top 3 player in the league. Long may it continue

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Indeed it is. This is insane.

But it’s a catch 22. If Bednar plays Johansen more, MacFarland has less urgency to find a different 2C.

Bednar’s standing his ground.
Actually no. If he played RyJo 15 minutes a game, we would lose 2/3 of the games and change would happen sooner. ;)

Bednar is hurting himself by winning.

6 goals a game from MacK and Rants should be sustainable - right?
I don't see why not.

I’m just excited to see what happens when MacK really heats up.
The problem is he will explode and our season will be finished the same second.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Mansons definitely been better than he was to start the year. But also being one of the best dmen of late is also an incredibly low bar right now.
True it's a low bar but Manson's play of late has genuinely been good outside of a few bonehead plays here and there like the 3-2 goal in Chicago or the Georgiev backdoor save late in the 2nd last night where he was randomly at the point on the PK.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

giphy.gif

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Byram trips over himself AND loses his stick because why not?

Judging by the time and rest of the post, I think you might have missed this dirty slew foot from Smejkal?

Textbook slew foot as well. Kicks the leg forward and throws him back. LOC went after him afterwards too.

I like that Bo kept battling to prevent the goal though, instead of laying on the ice or barking at the official.

Byram Slew Foot.gif

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
We don't need a whole new 2nd line, that's excessive. Lehky and Drouin can do fine as 2nd line wingers, we just need someone who isn't Ryan f***ing Johansen playing 2C.
Excellent second line center would fix a lot of issues. Then you add Kovalenko and potentially Landy.(then we have good second and third line!)

But we need that second line center now. Kovy and Landy can wait.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Judging by the time and rest of the post, I think you might have missed this dirty slew foot from Smejkal?

Textbook slew foot as well. Kicks the leg forward and throws him back. LOC went after him afterwards too.

I like that Bo kept battling to prevent the goal though, instead of laying on the ice or barking at the official.

View attachment 788558

I did miss that. Dirty AF

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Oh I forgot, that last MacKinnon goal was definitely offside, wasn't it?
I think it definitely was. But there was not a definitive shot of it. The one iffy angle that they showed, I believe the skate blade was still barley touching the blue. Then the next frame both the puck and Nuke were across. Logic would indicate that he was offsides, but they're not allowed to go on that. Good thing for us the NHL hasn't investigated in better cameras yet.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I think it definitely was. But there was not a definitive shot of it. The one iffy angle that they showed, I believe the skate blade was still barley touching the blue. Then the next frame both the puck and Nuke were across. Logic would indicate that he was offsides, but they're not allowed to go on that. Good thing for us the NHL hasn't investigated in better cameras yet.
This happened a few games ago too, surely they can take the camera angles from both sides of the rink and sync them up by time? If one side shows the puck is across the line, use the timestamp from that video on the other side if the other side doesn't have a good view?

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
This happened a few games ago too, surely they can take the camera angles from both sides of the rink and sync them up by time? If one side shows the puck is across the line, use the timestamp from that video on the other side if the other side doesn't have a good view?
In the NFL I know they're allowed to use synced cameras, but I'm not sure about the NHL.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Oh I forgot, that last MacKinnon goal was definitely offside, wasn't it?
The upper side angle looked like offside but if you looked at it at the blue line camera, no conclusion. You see it a lot in football (soccer), where the side angle shows the ball crossed the line and then line camera shows the reality(ball didn't cross). Side/behind camera isn't very good determining if something crosses or not. It fools the eye a lot actually.

Trust the straight line camera. I think the ref made a good decision.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Do you guys here want Lindholm or do you want some bandaid instead as 2C? If you want Lindholm than you have to be patient because CAL is most likely not selling for a while yet as they are currently still battling for a WC spot being only 3pts out.

I know it is not ideal as we are overworking our 1st line but it is what it is if the plan is to get Lindholm. Yes the risk is to have our stars tired once playoffs start but Bednar is doing exactly what you are asking CMack to do but with regard to the cap. Make a move for Lindholm now, re-sign him and deal with the cap later. Bednar wants to win now and he will deal with the stars being tired later. With the disparity between our home and away records I'm sure he wants to try to have home ice if he can. Let's not forget also that the Avs will get a 10-day break late Jan and they will also have two 3-day rests right at the last 9 days of the regular season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad