GDT: Game 33: Sens @ Avs - December 21, 2023 7:00PM Win. Just Win. (Extended Stat Pack Edition)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Cannot for the life of me figure out Georgiev. Makes so many outstanding saves following some astoundingly bad defensive zone breakdowns, and then he turns around and lets THAT fourth goal in. Insanely soft shot that bounces in off his chest, where he's practically already in his own net trying to stop it to begin with. I just don't know what you do about that, I guess nothing, you just stick with him and hope he figures it the f*** out. Prosvetov ain't gonna take over and Avs have to focus on other things with their trade assets and cap room.

Anyway, MacKinnon. Wow. Hard to believe that's the FIRST four-goal game in Avs history.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Remember when Joe Colborne scored a hat trick in his first game and was a fkn trainwreck the rest of the season? f*** me what a clown.
I was at that game. In fact, that was the first time I saw an Avs hat trick in person. We beat Dallas that night and everything felt great, but for some reason I can't really remember how the rest of that season went...

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Cannot for the life of me figure out Georgiev. Makes so many outstanding saves following some astoundingly bad defensive zone breakdowns, and then he turns around and lets THAT fourth goal in. Insanely soft shot that bounces in off his chest, where he's practically already in his own net trying to stop it to begin with. I just don't know what you do about that, I guess nothing, you just stick with him and hope he figures it the f*** out. Prosvetov ain't gonna take over and Avs have to focus on other things with their trade assets and cap room.

Anyway, MacKinnon. Wow. Hard to believe that's the FIRST four-goal game in Avs history.
I’ve watched a lot of games pretty all the teams, and every goalie in the NHL allows super soft goals almost every game. Right now its more like whoever allows the least softies wins games.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
It’s very clear that Bednar and CMac don’t see eye to eye. They’re not on the same page and I’m 100% on Bednar’s side. Can’t blame him for overplaying the top players because there is no 2nd line, and when teams lose, guess who get the blame at the end and loses his job…. The coach

Any chance Sakic jumps in if this nonsense keeps going?

You know what? I really miss Pierre Lacroix. Okay, okay, i get it, Pierre had the luxury to work with no salary cap, but that man wasn´t shy to pull the trigger when he saw the needs....

We are hanging on our 1st like its our life-insurance.. Jesus, it will be a pick around place 28....

Get you head out of your ass, CMac and do something before wasting another year.

Reactions: the_fan

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
We aren't that bad in the 2nd:

1703236699379.png

Not good, but not the worst ever like some of you Chicken Littles like to cry about.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
This is madness.

We need more quality right now. These players will be completely gassed by the playoffs.

When are we going to learn?

Val 29min lmao

Indeed it is. This is insane.

But it’s a catch 22. If Bednar plays Johansen more, MacFarland has less urgency to find a different 2C.

Bednar’s standing his ground.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
This team is so bad honestly at this point between the roster construction and the missing players. We need 3 2nd liners, at least 1 defenseman, and a goalie if we want to be a cup threat. So we’ll get a first round exit instead most likely

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Indeed it is. This is insane.

But it’s a catch 22. If Bednar plays Johansen more, MacFarland has less urgency to find a different 2C.

Bednar’s standing his ground.
He really can't play RyJo more IMO. He was like -2 in 12 mins tonight against one of the worst teams in hockey.

If he plays any more it's just going hurt the team more than it already is.

I think some is Bednar holding his ground with CMac and some is just trying not to actively hurt his teams chances of winning the game. If you start playing him 15 mins a game that's pretty much a guaranteed L as he and his line will be responsible for at least 2 against.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
This team is so bad honestly at this point between the roster construction and the missing players. We need 3 2nd liners, at least 1 defenseman, and a goalie if we want to be a cup threat. So we’ll get a first round exit instead most likely
At this point they are going to be lucky to even make the playoffs with the roster as is.

George gives up 4 every night. Aren't going to win many of those.

Defense will be better once G starts playing. Never thought I'd say that G is that important, but Byram has made him that way, by being a complete garbage can this year. Still could probably use at least a reasonable NHL caliber guy.

We all know about the 2nd line not sure it's even salvageable. CMac has done too much damage. It's not something that will be fixed in season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00