GDT: Game 33: Oilers @ Coyotes - 7:30PM - FSAZ+

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I don't think a new coach with the existing talent will do much of anything. I don't think that the old coach with new talent would do much either. I want a true rebuild, a la Buffalo, where they traded away everybody with value and changed coaches as well.

I'd probably prefer a two-pronged approach:
1. Replace most of the coaching staff
2. Trade away players that excelled in Tipp's system

I think we are at a point where a "clean slate" rebuild (even in the next offseason) would be a bad idea for keeping the Coyotes in Arizona. The last thing most of the local fans would be willing to invest in season tickets for would be a totally new team.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Goligoski was horrible last night. The turnover that resulted in the goal was bad but he struggled all night when handling the puck.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
I'd probably prefer a two-pronged approach:
1. Replace most of the coaching staff
2. Trade away players that excelled in Tipp's system

I think we are at a point where a "clean slate" rebuild (even in the next offseason) would be a bad idea for keeping the Coyotes in Arizona. The last thing most of the local fans would be willing to invest in season tickets for would be a totally new team.
Over the course of the last few years, my interest in the team has regressed to the point where I'm in it for Ollie, Domi, Duke (but lord knows I don't mean Domi + Duke......), Chychrun, DeAngello, Dvorak, Strome, maybe Rieder, maybe Perlini will get there.... If the likes of Oliver and Domi are traded for different skill guys in an effort to start from scratch, my fandom is following Oliver and Domi, less so the Coyotes.

The direction of the team, in whatever sense of the word "direction" that you want, has nearly undone my love of it. A five-year contract? Sigh.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Over the course of the last few years, my interest in the team has regressed to the point where I'm in it for Ollie, Domi, Duke (but lord knows I don't mean Domi + Duke......), Chychrun, DeAngello, Dvorak, Strome, maybe Rieder, maybe Perlini will get there.... If the likes of Oliver and Domi are traded for different skill guys in an effort to start from scratch, my fandom is following Oliver and Domi, less so the Coyotes.

The direction of the team, in whatever sense of the word "direction" that you want, has nearly undone my love of it. A five-year contract? Sigh.

I was thinking more along the lines of Rieder, Martinook, Richardson, Hanzal, Vrbata, Murphy, and/or Smith (not that they could necessarily trade all of these players). I don't think Domi is at the level he is because of Tipp's system (I'm guessing he'd be much more successful in another system--but that's probably the case for most of the roster). Now, OEL, on the other hand, I'm not sure. He has excelled over the past few seasons, but he's looked pretty bad in the first half of this season.

I would keep Domi, but would be willing to move OEL for a nice return. OEL is awesome (on the most part), but he just seems stifled here since he's being relied on to pretty much carry the team (along with Smitty)

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
I was thinking more along the lines of Rieder, Martinook, Richardson, Hanzal, Vrbata, Murphy, and/or Smith (not that they could necessarily trade all of these players).
Oh, my mistake. I quoted you maybe in response to your post, but I name-dropped OEL, Domi, etc. in response to one or more other posts I read suggesting those names be traded away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad