GDT: Game 33: Kings @ Coyotes

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
Yep, 1 point is better than 0 points. I like you. Come around more often. :)

I've been meaning to. I came around last year at the bottom of the Sabres tank when we were routing for the Coyotes to win in Buffalo to get the Sabres that top draft pick. (Well, not THE top draft pick, cuz Buffalo never wins anything.... but the next one.)

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Yeah Tippett, let's never put Domi and Duke out for 3 on 3, so we can just lose within one minute everytime.

I thought I saw us win in OT this season? I know it was a blanket statement and frustration, but I don't believe we have lost every OT.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
serious epic game guys

that 3rd period

and yotes got energy, good game !!

Agreed. You had us on our heels, but you let us back in it. We capitalized on opportunities at the end, and came out with a point when we shouldn't have gotten one with how we played in the 3rd. Here's to more good games down the road.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
And Tikh gets burned to lose the game.

Wouldn't have put him out there in a 3 on 3 situation myself though and can't blame Domingue for how he handled the burn.

Yes I'm a Domingue apologist.

Looked to me like Tik toe picked and almost fell. With Kopitar coming down on you that little slip is all he needs to burn you. That was a really poor poke check by Domingue. No idea what he was doing there. Missed by a mile.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Looked to me like Tik toe picked and almost fell. With Kopitar coming down on you that little slip is all he needs to burn you. That was a really poor poke check by Domingue. No idea what he was doing there. Missed by a mile.

I'd agree with you if Louis was a glove left goalie. Shooters on that angle having burned the defender from wide will look to come across if the far side is the stick side. Going for the poke check on that is how to play it. He could have done better on the attempt but the glove is there if the shooter tries to roof it on the short side.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Gotta think Lindbackup is in net tomorrow night. Back to back and a meh performance, throw in that weird play at the end and yeah.

Lindback has been very up and down. I know some of those games in November he was let down by the defense too though.

Last edited:

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I've been meaning to. I came around last year at the bottom of the Sabres tank when we were routing for the Coyotes to win in Buffalo to get the Sabres that top draft pick. (Well, not THE top draft pick, cuz Buffalo never wins anything.... but the next one.)

Let's all be realistic, last season all of us at the bottom was rooting for the other teams at the bottom to win. It happens.

I actually saw you guys play the Stars in Texas during Thanksgiving. Not going to lie, I wasn't too impressed with that game. Stars are a good team, but the Sabres didn't do much to get me excited. I was frustrated because I'm not a Stars fan, and was just kind of at the game. I wanted to see Eichel do something. My family was there and I convinced them to see that game instead of the I believe it was the Flames game on Tuesday because Sabres were in town the night we landed.

I'm not sure about your prospect pool(shoot I barely know the Coyotes that much, only through this board have I been able to learn more), but hoping you guys can pick it up also, as I know you guys love hockey and support the team. It's just fun watching 2 teams have a fight to the finish. Stars are on another level this year though I think, they look good. I'd love to go to another game in Texas. No offense to Phoenix fans, but when the Stars score, it's awesome.

I also loved the tribute they did for their frenchman when he scored. I don't know his name, but after he scored they put his face up on the jumbo tron and played the france national anthem. I didn't realize what was happening until the security guard told me he was from france. It was not long after the attacks in france. Sports are a great thing.

TheaABrown

Dec 6, 2015
Don't get me wrong, I love what Tik has brought to this team so far, but my hype levels for Strome or Dvorak centering Domi and Duclair are off the charts. I just want to skip to next season.

Could do worse than Tik as a realitively cheap back-up option in case Hanzal is still injured a lot and Strome/Dvorak aren't quite ready to do a whole season as 1/2C, since sometimes unpleasant surprises do happen about the readiness of young players (eg Marko Dano on the Hawks, who was acquired to be the 1LW/Hossa's hockey child/eventual replacement but turned out to need a few more months down on the farm team). And Tik is versitile enough to wander back down to the bottom 6 and not be useless down there if he's not needed up top.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I hate Tippett's 3on3 choices.

again, should only be, we lose with Richardson or Vermette and Tiks didn't look to good, why not lose with Domi/Duclair out there?

It would be the same difference, except maybe the kids are fast enough that they'd cause all kinds of trouble for the other team, yeah!!!!!! we wouldn't want that.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Let's all be realistic, last season all of us at the bottom was rooting for the other teams at the bottom to win. It happens.

I actually saw you guys play the Stars in Texas during Thanksgiving. Not going to lie, I wasn't too impressed with that game. Stars are a good team, but the Sabres didn't do much to get me excited. I was frustrated because I'm not a Stars fan, and was just kind of at the game. I wanted to see Eichel do something. My family was there and I convinced them to see that game instead of the I believe it was the Flames game on Tuesday because Sabres were in town the night we landed.

I'm not sure about your prospect pool(shoot I barely know the Coyotes that much, only through this board have I been able to learn more), but hoping you guys can pick it up also, as I know you guys love hockey and support the team. It's just fun watching 2 teams have a fight to the finish. Stars are on another level this year though I think, they look good. I'd love to go to another game in Texas. No offense to Phoenix fans, but when the Stars score, it's awesome.

I also loved the tribute they did for their frenchman when he scored. I don't know his name, but after he scored they put his face up on the jumbo tron and played the france national anthem. I didn't realize what was happening until the security guard told me he was from france. It was not long after the attacks in france. Sports are a great thing.

Antoine Roussel probably.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Gotta think Lindbackup is in net tomorrow night. Back to back and a meh performance, throw in that weird play at the end and yeah.

Lindback has been very up and down. I know through some of those games in November he was let down by the defense too though.

I wouldn't call it a meh performance. Dominique actually has solid positioning. All of the goals were good hockey plays. The puck was moving one side to another. It's unfortunate Murphy's stick got hold of that puck on one, but he was still right there. It just wasn't our game. I'd say the team in front needs to do a better job of not allowing the opportunities that the Kings had tonight.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I thought I saw us win in OT this season? I know it was a blanket statement and frustration, but I don't believe we have lost every OT.

I was being slightly facetious, since we've won 1 or 2 OT games, but we typically lose within one minute, due to Tippett inexplicably putting crap players out there against the other theam's superstars.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Very entertaining game, we went toe to toe with kings physically and didn't get killed which was nice. **** kopitar, he's so good. Ridiculous he doesn't get more attention, he's a top center in the league.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I'd agree with you if Louis was a glove left goalie. Shooters on that angle having burned the defender from wide will look to come across if the far side is the stick side. Going for the poke check on that is how to play it. He could have done better on the attempt but the glove is there if the shooter tries to roof it on the short side.

That is not "how to play it". Its one of multiple ways to play it. Better to wait the shooter out and make him make the first move. Going for the poke check and sprawling out Dominic Hasek style is the high risk way to play it. He chose wrong.

With that said, I like Domingue. I'd keep playing him until he lays an egg. Not on back to backs though.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Very entertaining game, we went toe to toe with kings physically and didn't get killed which was nice. **** kopitar, he's so good. Ridiculous he doesn't get more attention, he's a top center in the league.

"Clinical" is how I'd describe Kopitar's game. He makes no mistake with his opportunities. He doesn't get much attention because he doesn't create something from nothing, though.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
3 on 3 that needs pure speed, better put slowpoke Vermette out there. Newell should coach that scenario.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I wouldn't call it a meh performance. Dominique actually has solid positioning. All of the goals were good hockey plays. The puck was moving one side to another. It's unfortunate Murphy's stick got hold of that puck on one, but he was still right there. It just wasn't our game.

Yeah I don't outright blame the goals on Domingue but at the same time when he was making saves earlier in the game those were not on great scoring chances.

The Kings were very well contained earlier in the game. Murphy and OEL especially played well those first two periods and the Forwards kept their passing in check. It all fell apart though.

I'd say they were up 1-0 because of the defensive play of the Coyotes, and lost it because of that. Thus Domingue was just sort of there.

I'd say the team in front needs to do a better job of not allowing the opportunities that the Kings had tonight.

In the third anyway. They did an excellent job keeping the Kings out of scoring areas earlier.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I am also a little confused with Tip's lineup choices for 3 on 3. It's literally kill or be killed. You can't defend your way to the shootout like they used to. Use your quickest, most talented forwards or else we're going to continue to lose in OT very quickly. No point sending out defensive two-way forwards if they're just going to get beat 1 on 1. Domi, Duclair, Rieder, and Boedker are going to win you games in OT, not Vermette, Richardson and Doan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad