GDT: Game 33: Columbus at Dallas | 12/15 8:30PM EST

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
3rd, thanks for counting. You must not have seen the other dead horses around here, the chief one being David Clarkson.

I'll try to be rainbows and sunshine the next 5-1 loss, k?

I have no issues with you or anyone complaining, just try and find different things to complain about. If you want to complain about the roster again, wait until the next loss. Give it time not to get old again.. lol

For example, I listed my issues with certain players.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I'm frustrated. Everyone is. But I really don't see much improvement. Maybe in terms of compete level, but in actual systems and play? I don't think so. There's too many horrendous turnovers in the defensive zone, and too little offense, for me to think there's an improvement.

I see some improvement. Dallas is going to expose your mistakes like few others in the league. I wouldn't to too worked up over it. Honestly, it's going to take months to start to right this ship.

As far as offense, there is a great deal of improvement - it's just not resulting in goals yet. We're getting chances. There was a time we were lucky to get 3 or 4 prime chances a game.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I don't believe I did. I merely stated his goals against average and you drew your own conclusion. He was barely tested that game.

Let me be clear, without Bobrovsky in net to save our *****, this team sucks. The offense sucks. The defense really sucks. The shooting sucks. The passing sucks. The team fitness sucks. But at least the special teams are mediocre.

Fair enough. Optimistically it was nice hearing he traveled with the team and resumed skating. Hoping that means an earlier than expected return before this gets 100% brutal. I'll be in Pittsburgh for the game next Monday and would rather not have to endure a loss on my birthday. (Though with MAF out with a concussion the playing field is somewhat leveled)

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
We hit 2 solid posts tonight. We gave up a couple bad goals. For this Bluejacket team to beat the stars it needed to get some breaks, we got none.

On to the next one.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
#2 has hit a bit of a wall, I think it's time to give him a game or two off. Really need Golo back.

If you want a puck mover it might be time to get a look at Paliotta.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
The difference between us and the Stars, who we were very recently considered on level playing field with, is that they have not one, but two superstars with killer instincts and fire. We have none. Joey could maybe be at their level if he wanted to be. Torts doesn't seem to think he does.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Fair enough. Optimistically it was nice hearing he traveled with the team and resumed skating. Hoping that means an earlier than expected return before this gets 100% brutal. I'll be in Pittsburgh for the game next Monday and would rather not have to endure a loss on my birthday. (Though with MAF out with a concussion the playing field is somewhat leveled)

If your birthday is on dec.21 then we share another thing in common

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
I'm starting to believe we have a roster full of guys who don't hate to lose. Obviously they all don't want to lose, but hate is another level. I know Bob hates to lose. I know Dubi does. I know Hartnell does...and that's really it. Our kids seem like they have the "damn, we lost. Well, we'll get them next time." That's not what winning teams have.

Porty says locker room still closed

just posted it......game been over at least 10 minutes

Have the defibrillator ready for Torts

Nick foligno gives the most canned post game interview bs I've ever heard

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
The difference between us and the Stars, who we were very recently considered on level playing field with, is that they have not one, but two superstars with killer instincts and fire. We have none. Joey could maybe be at their level if he wanted to be. Torts doesn't seem to think he does.

Which is interesting considering that Dallas' big recent acquisitions have been guys who have been thought to lack those very attributes (Seguin, Hemsky, Spezza).

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I doubt Torts explodes in the media. I don't think we'll have that Torts in Columbus. He probably only blows up on the team

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I really liked Torts' postgame presser...It actually makes me optimistic for next season.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
Porty says locker room still closed

just posted it......game been over at least 10 minutes

Have the defibrillator ready for Torts

Players only meeting. What are they plotting about--overthrowing torts ala bud Kilmer varsity blues style. Seriously do these lame meetings ever register any emotion these days. Oh la la. A players meeting. Puhlease lol

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Players only meeting. What are they plotting about--overthrowing torts ala bud Kilmer varsity blues style. Seriously do these lame meetings ever register any emotion these days. Oh la la. A players meeting. Puhlease lol

Probably fighting over who gets the window seats on the jet ride back. This is another nothing-burger and is becoming an annual occurrence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad