CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Johansen hasn't played in the 3rd according to Porty. He's on the bench too

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
Haven't read the thread. Haven't read any threads lately. For the life of me, I can't see one aspect of this team that has improved with Tortorella as coach. I'm of a mind that the record would have been similar or perhaps even slightly better had the organization stuck with Richards. I had no preconceived notions about Tortorella. Watching these games, it seems to me that the players are as confused and baffled as I am by his coaching plan/direction/objective.

This is not something that is going to get better; I don't even believe we've glimpsed the worst yet. I expect plenty will disagree but losing Johansen will most likely be the biggest mistake the organization can/will make.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Johansen hasn't played in the 3rd according to Porty. He's on the bench too

I hope he and Murray are in the press box next game. At least Boll will block shots and fight and gives 100%.

Murray and Johansen were both dogging it to the bench on the first goal, a bad time to change at that but zero hustle.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Such a bad line change !
How could you suggest Bodnarchuk got burned?

You can't let players get behind you if you are the last line of defense even if you are on the opposite side. If he's not 3 strides behind he can get in on the backcheck. He clearly wasn't aware of who was back there and that no one from our team was with him. Lack of awareness.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Somewhere, Todd Richards is having a chuckle.

Before going on that tear to end the season last year, the injury-decimated CBJ team had a .446 point percentage.

This healthy team right now will have a .379 point percentage once this game mercifully ends.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Before going on that tear to end the season last year, the injury-decimated CBJ team had a .446 point percentage.

This healthy team right now will have a .379 point percentage once this game mercifully ends.

Change that to a healthy belly laugh:laugh:

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Jarmo Kekelainen and John Davidson should be looking for new jobs come the new year.

The Scout and the Broadcaster have certainly dropped several notches in my book over the past few months. Not quite ready for another complete front office overhaul, but they have been a debacle.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Change that to a hearty belly laugh:laugh:

**** it, if I were him I'd be cackling and rolling a blunt while pouring myself another goblet of brandy.

And I don't mean a regular goblet either, I mean one of those fancy-*** ones on the table being guarded by the knight at the end of "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade".

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
**** it, if I were him I'd be cackling and rolling a blunt while pouring myself another goblet of brandy.

And I don't mean a regular goblet either, I mean one of those fancy-*** ones on the table being guarded by the knight at the end of "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade".

Best post of the night. Thank you for the much needed laugh - seriously. :laugh:

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I agree with ScreamingWild. We haven't improved under Torts, Bob has. It shows in that he's the only goalie we've won a game with.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Dude, we get it. We don't agree but you really are in broke record/beating a dead horse territory. Was this your 4th or 5th attack on the roster in this thread alone?

3rd, thanks for counting. You must not have seen the other dead horses around here, the chief one being David Clarkson.

I'll try to be rainbows and sunshine the next 5-1 loss, k?

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I'm frustrated. Everyone is. But I really don't see much improvement. Maybe in terms of compete level, but in actual systems and play? I don't think so. There's too many horrendous turnovers in the defensive zone, and too little offense, for me to think there's an improvement.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Right, because it was all his fault.. Had nothing to do with us not scoring goals and giving them a breakaway.

I was at the game as well. Completely foolish to put that loss on him. But by golly, go ahead! Doesn't matter at this point, the wheels are off.

I don't believe I did. I merely stated his goals against average and you drew your own conclusion. He was barely tested that game.

Let me be clear, without Bobrovsky in net to save our *****, this team sucks. The offense sucks. The defense really sucks. The shooting sucks. The passing sucks. The team fitness sucks. But at least the special teams are mediocre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad