Jokipakka, Moen, Nemeth

Injured
None​

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Feeling like I'll watch the first period and after we're down 6-0 I'll probably flip it off and head to bed.

Sleep > Embarrassing Loss

Then again, we love to play well on the road and make it interesting. So it'll probably be 1-0 us after 1 and I'll get teased into watching the remainder of the game.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Reading Arace's column about how it will take time to turn things around. He quotes Tortorella as saying "there will be constant teaching trying to turn this into instinctive play thus good habits." My question is Hockey really this complicated? Were the CBJ lacking in basic team fundamentals under Todd Richards that Tortorella has to start from scratch?
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Last edited:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Reading Arace's column about how it will take time to turn things around. He quotes Tortarelli as saying "there will be constant teaching trying to turn this into instinctive play thus good habits." My question is Hockey really this complicated? Were the CBJ lacking in basic team fundamentals under Todd Richards that Tortarelli has to start from scratch?
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

I'm definitely surprised with how much Tortorella is having to tear down and rebuild.. makes me wonder what Richards was doing.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
This could potentially get ugly, the Jackets are 1-3 in back-to-back, 3rd game in 4 nights games. For them to win this one they would have to outwork the Stars after 2 fairly demanding games + travel.

Meanwhile, the Stars are well rested but only had 2 days off ensuring they still have their game rhythm.

Make no mistake they will try their best. But to steal a W against the offensive powerhouse seems very unlikely.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Jackets have played with effort against Islanders and Lightning, but they just don't look in sync right now. Oddly enough, the Jackets have played very well in Dallas of late, but I'm expecting a 4-1 type of loss tonight.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
Looks at the Jacket's last ten games...their record is 3-4-3. Regulation losses all of the one-goal or one-goal+ENG variety. Three tough OT/SO loses. IMO, they are not playing "bad", just not "good" enough to win consistently. I'm guessing that a 3-4-3 stretch in an 82-game season is not particularly uncommon, its just not sufficient when you have no margin of error after that dreadful start. There is too much talent (and pride I hope) to mail in the rest of the season to go after a top draft pick. That said, I see alot more frustrating losses like last night on the horizon, starting tonight. DAL 5, CBJ 3. :cry:

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
You trying to say there's not much difference between then and now?

Any given reality doesn't exist without own concrete observer. HCTR was movement nowhere, min 1.5 lost seasons in team's development

Columbus Black Hole :)sarcasm:) very unpredictable, very dangerous

tumblr_inline_nyacll_Vz_Ry1tzhl5u_1280.jpg

Go Jackets! CBJ 3-2 OT

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Reading Arace's column about how it will take time to turn things around. He quotes Tortorella as saying "there will be constant teaching trying to turn this into instinctive play thus good habits." My question is Hockey really this complicated? Were the CBJ lacking in basic team fundamentals under Todd Richards that Tortorella has to start from scratch?

I think it's a bunch of gobbledeegook.

Torts is buying time, me thinks. The notion that Hartnell, Dubinsky, JJ, Tyutin, Foligno and other veterans don't grasp "nuances" and can't sense "shifts in momentum" sounds like, quite frankly, crap.

Torts has referenced this stuff before. I think that, in addition to buying time, that he's trying to build some questionable narrative that makes him look like a turnaround and teaching genius, if this ship rights itself. Keep in mind, this is likely his last coaching job if he fails. He's possibly trying to make his task look harder than it actually is.

It's also a not-too-classy way of throwing Richards under the bus. I was born at night, but not last night. The notion that the veterans on this team, which made a nice run at the Penguins in the playoffs two years ago and which had two incredible winning streaks last year, don't grasp some very basic fundamentals about the game, is a lame narrative which only the extremely naive will buy into.

Last edited:

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Man, how sad this is.

From contenders to pretenders. But really, I guess, pretenders to exposed pretenders, since we cannot really say they were ever contenders.

Won't be watching tonight.

<---------------------It's baaaaaaaaack! The Tank!

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

There is a whole thread about this topic, I would recommend reading it. I, and a few others, get into this.

Short answer, hell yes hockey is that complicated. Yes, I don't think this team was coached well under Richards. As far as starting from scratch, no. Dumping the old system and getting them to play his style instinctively, yes they would need a lot of work. It will be nice to see some real structure to our game.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
This is the type of team that can really give us problems. I'm curious to see what we do against a team with this much offensive talent from top to bottom, a ton of match up problems.

Last night, as much crap as we gave our team, we really were just a couple of brain cramps away from OT or a shutout. Not to say we played great, but I thought we kept their quality chances fairly low.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
This is the type of team that can really give us problems. I'm curious to see what we do against a team with this much offensive talent from top to bottom, a ton of match up problems.

Last night, as much crap as we gave our team, we really were just a couple of brain cramps away from OT or a shutout. Not to say we played great, but I thought we kept their quality chances fairly low.

We are technically +21 in EV scoring chances for the year.

Don't really care about "played great" though. Still no results. Although at this point, a 70% winning percentage isn't happening the rest of the way...so **** it and play Korps again and call up as many youngsters as you can and get them time under Torts. This season is pissed away anyway.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Don't really care about "played great" though. Still no results.

Who said we played great, you certainly didn't get that out of my post?

Read the state of the Jackets thread on my thoughts for the rest of the season. I'm not going to ride the angst train with the rest of you. My expectations are appropriately set. I'm looking for certainly things and wins aren't necessary for my to see the improvement I want.

Reset expectations and move on already peeps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad