GDT: Game 33 - CBJ vs WSH - 16 Dec, 7pm, @Nat

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
What a weird team the CBJ are. Getting shut out by AHL Pens then shut out the best team in the league with half AHL roster themselves.

if I’m not mistaken, we have 2 wins in last 7 games, both against the Caps, the team that has 6 regulation losses total.

three stars:

1. Korpi
2. Bjork
3. PK

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Great game by Bjorky and of course Korpi. Some bright spots in this season.

Starting to really gain a trust in Korpi and his future going forward. Maybe we have found our goalie. He was perfect tonight, but the thing he’s done I’m happiest about is cut out the Korpisofty’s. Keep up the good work.

Texier also starting to look more comfortable and be the player management wanted. Encouraging going forward.

Can we build off this game?

Also **** Tom Wilson and his cheap shotting ass. Absolute ****ing loser.
Agree wholeheartedly
If Korpi can cut the soft goals out AND raise that save percentage we will have found our goalie. And that is what you need in the NHL, a good goalie to have a chance

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Remember how we used to say that the big issue with Korpisalo was that while he made all sorts of fantastic saves and looked really awesome, he kept on letting in softies on routine plays, and that if he ever figured that out he'd be really awesome?

I think he might be figuring it out.
Now if Elvis can figure out how to stop giving up early goals and having brain cramps at the worst possible times.

Reactions: Viqsi

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Remember how we used to say that the big issue with Korpisalo was that while he made all sorts of fantastic saves and looked really awesome, he kept on letting in softies on routine plays, and that if he ever figured that out he'd be really awesome?

He's been sub-.900 in 4 of his last 8 appearances.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Amazing, we've had 20 of 33 one goal games...

Torts is right, the story of this season is the inability to extend our goal scoring beyond one goal in game differential...

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Glad for Bjorkstrand. I admit, I am biased when it comes to him. Got to meet him a couple years ago and talk for a little bit. Super nice kid. Plus he was so huge in the Calder Cup championship which enabled me to witness an actual championship win in Cleveland. Would love to see him help CBJ get it done.
Hey, wait a minute! And I thought I was the biggest Bjorkstrand fan! :D

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Fun game. CBJ made all the little plays.

Caps fans are insufferable. Guy in front of me spouts off at end of game that Jackets are cellar dwellers, pathetic franchise, where's our Cup, etc. I simply asked if he wanted me to take his pic with the scoreboard in the background. Also asked if he's been a fan for all of two years and reminded him it took the Caps 44 years to win one, so zip it. Didn't want to give him a verbal beatdown, but felt I owed it to him.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Now if Elvis can figure out how to stop giving up early goals and having brain cramps at the worst possible times.

Maybe he should be afforded some patience to be allowed to grow a bit. This is still not a playoff team. Might as well take the growing pains with all of the young guys since the old guys are doing the job. Next season the 2 of them could be very solid duo if given the opportunity. I'm fine with Korpisalo being the number 1 guy because he has played well recently and earned it.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
He's been sub-.900 in 4 of his last 8 appearances.
In the last month - 12 games- his save percentage is .927 and GAA is 2.05. You can cherry pick the stats if you like, but this is a more fair look at how he’s played lately.

edit: and the above does not include tonight’s shutout.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad