GDT: Game 33 - CBJ vs WSH - 16 Dec, 7pm, @Nat

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well, the last game against these guys went pretty well...?

Projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Alexandre Texier - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Eric Robinson
Gustav Nyquist - Boone Jenner - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Nick Foligno - Alexander Wennberg - Cam Atkinson
Kevin Stenlund - Riley Nash - Marko Dano

Dean Kukan - Seth Jones
Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
Scott Harrington - Andrew Peeke

Joonas Korpisalo
Elvis Merzlikins

Scratches: Sonny Milano (injury), Josh Anderson (injury), Ryan Murray (injury)

Roster Report: It remains to be seen if the injured trio of players from Saturday's game at Ottawa will be able to return. All left the game with upper-body injuries and did not return. Columbus recalled Dano and Stenlund on Sunday, while Harrington should rejoin the lineup if Murray cannot go.

capitals.nhl.com has a preview article up.

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Capitals' last game:

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Per Porty, Stenlund and Dano both draw in, and Stenlund getting power play time! Harrington in for Murray.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Going to the game tonight and Wow! It's almost like a double header as I get the see Jackets and Monsters on the same night.

But seeing Wennberg draw third line duty give some me the utmost confidence tonight. :sarcasm:

Poor BeerMan.....little did he know his ticket to Cleveland was a one way purchase.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Excited to see what Dano and Stenlund can do - not expecting miracles, but solid efforts that show they want to stay in the line up could be interesting

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Excited to see what Dano and Stenlund can do - not expecting miracles, but solid efforts that show they want to stay in the line up could be interesting
Ive sadly lost my hope for Stenlund. Dano should come out with tons of energy, hopefully that energy is used in a positive manner

Reactions: thebus88

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Ive sadly lost my hope for Stenlund. Dano should come out with tons of energy, hopefully that energy is used in a positive manner

I dont expect them to save the day but rather gain valuable learning minutes and some films they can use to further their development.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Going to the game tonight and Wow! It's almost like a double header as I get the see Jackets and Monsters on the same night.

But seeing Wennberg draw third line duty give some me the utmost confidence tonight. :sarcasm:

Poor BeerMan.....little did he know his ticket to Cleveland was a one way purchase.
Beerman is injured. He didn't play against W-B Scranton.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I predict an ass beating.
donkey-on-laughing-on-field-against-dry-plants-picture-id667764513

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Stenlund has been better this year, but his defensive game still lacks. Don't know if he can score enough to overlook that. Dano has been good, but he seems to like the penalty box a little too much. Gets a lot of penalties at the worst times, and they are usually ones he didn't have to take.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Stenlund has been better this year, but his defensive game still lacks. Don't know if he can score enough to overlook that. Dano has been good, but he seems to like the penalty box a little too much. Gets a lot of penalties at the worst times, and they are usually ones he didn't have to take.
So Sonny Milano is the new Marko Dano?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad