GDT: Game 33 - CBJ vs WSH - 16 Dec, 7pm, @Nat

pled

Sep 7, 2009
hey everyone still on the korpi hate train with stats need to remember that he still has better stats than some dude paid 10m in florida

Reactions: thebus88

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I wish wearing kilts was socially acceptable.

There was a dude at the game tonight wearing one.

Make it some sort of cause-related thing. Kilts to Cure Cancer - post a couple videos - and it'll take off like wildfire!

Somewhere in the far reaches of the internet is a video of me and the owner of the Irish shop in Dublin and he shows me how to select and wear a kilt.

Fun game. CBJ made all the little plays.

Caps fans are insufferable. Guy in front of me spouts off at end of game that Jackets are cellar dwellers, pathetic franchise, where's our Cup, etc. I simply asked if he wanted me to take his pic with the scoreboard in the background. Also asked if he's been a fan for all of two years and reminded him it took the Caps 44 years to win one, so zip it. Didn't want to give him a verbal beatdown, but felt I owed it to him.

Guy in front of me was clapping after the Savard-Wilson tilt. I’m like your guy just tried to cause permanent injury to a player by ramming his head and you’re clapping?

Last edited:

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
For now. we were apparently the turning point in Bob’s season.

Fk Bob. Floridas defense has started playing tighter hence his relative success.. or so they say.

Im glad we are free of Bob @10m.

Not sure I trust Korpi enough though.. yet. Would love to see in him the PO though. Not that its on the table right now or anything

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Tidbit:

Eric Robinson has 7 points in 13 games. that's nearly on pace for 45 points over an 82 game season.

which would be 3 points shy of what PLD had his rookie season.

The kid is playing with absolutely no fear, not an ounce timid and I'm loving it.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Leave it to these forums to take a 3-0 win against the best team in hockey and turn it into a negative debate about stats and former players.
You mean “leave it to one fan who must be Elvis’s mom and has an agenda...”

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I will offer many taps of the stick to bus88 for his insistence that Korpisalo would be a different goalie when used as a starter. At this point, it appears that he was correct about this.

Korpisalo was aggressively challenging Ovechkin. That's not a strategy that too many goalies employ. It worked to a "T" last night.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I will offer many taps of the stick to bus88 for his insistence that Korpisalo would be a different goalie when used as a starter. At this point, it appears that he was correct about this.

Korpisalo was aggressively challenging Ovechkin. That's not a strategy that too many goalies employ. It worked to a "T" last night.

Stick taps indeed. Although the story is far from written, Korpi has eased a lot of nerves of the uncertainty in net. One that seems pretty bright if we have VV come up in a year or two and start pushing him (or if Elvis decides to start playing well, or both). But yeah, Korpi has been a bright spot. I hope he continues to flourish.

LazyCircuits

Dec 14, 2019
Europia
There is a possibility that Elvis just doesn’t have it for the North American game. I’m fine with him being the next Oscar Dansk because I genuinely like Korpisalo’s play.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Quietly learning his trade and honing his skills. On his way to being a #1 or #2 dman in the league.
I feel like he doesn't have the raw talent to be a top pairing on a top team. no where close to Zach or Seth. but he still has the tool to be an amazing second paring guy as good or slightly better than Savy best years.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Great win. Maybe the Jackets only play their best when facing the top team in the league? TB 4-0 in the playoffs and now 2-0 vs Caps. Hopefully they don't play down to the Wings tonight.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area

Let’s not be too naive, Columbus is playing a defense first game under Torts system, any decent goalie would have adequate stats here

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I didnt get to watch all of this particular game but I like the balance of the D pairs so much more when Jones is not stuck with Werenski. Its obviously not that Werenski is bad but Jones is left in the babysitter role and takes away a big part of his game. Kukan or Gavrikov are both solid options to play with Jones. Also kind of crazy to think we almost lost Kukan for nothing and now hes turning into a pretty solid player

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
You do know its ok to give props to non Russian players right? Korpi has played well and has made his fair share of huge saves to bail out the team, he deserves credit
I’m not arguing that, he’s played solid, it’s just warning to not overestimate the situation.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Let’s not be too naive, Columbus is playing a defense first game under Torts system, any decent goalie would have adequate stats here

He's got a 2.17 GAA and .924 save percentage in his last 17 games. Over the course of the season only 3 goalies have better GAAs and that save percentage is right around top ten. Elvis is playing behind the same defense and, is well, not doing as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->