BRUINS GDT GAME 33 5:07 PM - THE BEAR wants to Sabre dance - NESN, NHLN (US), WBOS-FM 92.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Why lose just one when we can lose out and draft Hughes!

To an extent, I agree with @4ORRBRUIN though

The Pats have had nothing but success for 18 years. It's been fun, but it's definitely grown a bit stale. As a fan, I don't feel at all invested in watching Brady and Belicheck. They have nothing left to prove. I'm the type of fan that enjoys the ups and the downs, but when there's no downs, the ups start to lose their entertainment value.

The Bruins have had far more downs in recent history, and thus, I'm far more invested in their success and would never root for the to lose. The Pats on the other hand can lose all they want and I won't care because their greatness is solidified. I'll go back to watching the Pats religiously when there's a new coach or QB (which ever happens first), because then I feel as though there will be some mystery as to the end result.

Winning never gets “stale”. If the B’s were on the kind of run the Pats have had, I would be in heaven.

Wondering how old you are? It’s not a shot at you, but a lot of people that make posts like this are from the “championship” generation of fans that has seen all the Boston teams win.

For Boston sports fans that suffered through the Sullivan, Orthwein and Kiam Patriots...the B’s multiple losses to MTL and EDM and the Cup drought from 1972-2011...the Sox in 75, 78, 86, and 2004...

There can never be too much winning.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Winning never gets “stale”. If the B’s were on the kind of run the Pats have had, I would be in heaven.

Wondering how old you are? It’s not a shot at you, but a lot of people that make posts like this are from the “championship” generation of fans that has seen all the Boston teams win.

For Boston sports fans that suffered through the Sullivan, Orthwein and Kiam Patriots...the B’s multiple losses to MTL and EDM and the Cup drought from 1972-2011...the Sox in 75, 78, 86, and 2004...

There can never be too much winning.
28. Oldest memory of footballnis watching the Pats-Packers super bowl on tv with my dad.... so yeah, you're assessment is correct. I am from the championship era :laugh:

I agree that if the B's were on a similar run, I too would be in heaven. I enjoy football, but hockey is by far my favorite.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
**** the Patriots this is a Bruins GDT. :rant:
tlumacki_bruinsvscanucks_sports076.jpg

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Is it the NHL or the Bruins who ultimately determines the puck drop time?

This just seems dumb. Even if it were a regular 7 pm spot I'd change the channel over to them after the football game ended. 5 just makes no sense on any level.

Reactions: Fenway

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Be careful out there, black bears are not much of an issue but the grizzlies are becoming a big problem. Bear spray is your best defence ( well a 300WM works best but is frowned upon). Buffalo are dangerous as well but they don’t have a desire to eat you.

Dead is dead. We had some when I was young on our ranch. They will just curb stomp you and leave you for the buzzards and coyotes.

Reactions: BBB24

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
To be fair the Bruins thought the Pats would be flexed to the NBC game but CBS protected it.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Bruins pregame notes: Different Sabres come to town

Bruins pregame notes: Different Sabres come to town

“Everyone around the league knows they’re (Buffalo) pretty hot right now,” said Bruins winger Ryan Donato. “We’ve faced a lot of talented teams and they have a lot of talented forwards who are doing really well. We just have to learn how to play against that and play strong and our game and hopefully it works out.”

22-year-old captain Jack Eichel leads the team with 41 points, and the BU alum is off to the best start of his career for the surprising Sabres. Jeff Skinner, acquired from Carolina in the offseason, has 33 points and leads the way with 22 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad