BRUINS GDT GAME 33 5:07 PM - THE BEAR wants to Sabre dance - NESN, NHLN (US), WBOS-FM 92.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
You are missing the point. It is not about the fans it is about bad business. The NHL is losing ratings which means losing money when they match these games up against the NFL.

The core Bruins fan will mostly watch but the neutral sport fan will more than likely switch to the Pats

Not missing the point at all, Your point was the Boston market will watch football (any football) over the Bruins.

Bad business or not. Hockey has never and will never be a sport for the "casual" sports fan. In Boston or anywhere else. The NHL knows now and has known it long before Gary came on board.

Go Bruins today, Pats lose ,big deal who's going to give them push back in the playoffs in that league? If the teams don't suck the coaches suck for them lol, The script is boring

Reactions: Strafer

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Which would you run from in an open field if it's chasing you, a bruin or a buffalo?

Legitimate question. I'd say bear. But i'd also love to have one as a pet...

Buffalo, easily.

I've seen then take out trees just because they were bored.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I have had to educate myself a touch about preventing Bear attacks here as there are loads of them and I take the pooch into the woods a ton so I know what to do with them. Buffalo`s though? I dunno, think I`d rather a bear at this stage

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Why is that? Patriots may have to play a road game before they go to a SB?

Bruins fighting for their playoff lives is more interesting to me. With the commercials every 2 minutes will give Pats fans plenty of opportunities to keep up on both if they care to.

I will go out on a limb and guess that most hockey fans can give a hoot about who in Boston is watching the Pats when their Bruins are on.

*Raises hand & waves*

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Watching this one on DVR. Could check in but I am holding out hope I can watch the recording without knowing any details. Pats game is 1 in 16 late in the season following a big loss vs a bitter rival. B’s game is riveting but it is early in the season and this is game 33. I still consider myself a hockey first guy I still consider the B’s my favorite team in all of sports. I have never posted or read a single post on a Patriots Online fan page.

Go B’s. I think Pasta scores 2. Big night for the first line. We probably need more than that too. I’d love to see the kids come through.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Last week in Ottawa Jack Edwards was screaming about the Sens having a 5 PM start but the Bruins are doing the same exact thing and Buffalo played in Washington last night.

The Bruins could have played at 7 or 7:30 to avoid going head to head with the Patriots but they wanted to arrive in Montreal earlier because Canada Customs can be a pain at Trudeau Airport.

There is no excuse for the NHL to try and butt heads with the NFL in Boston or anywhere else. The NFL schedule comes out 2 months before the NHL releases their schedule and should avoid conflicts as it only hurts the season average for local broadcasters. 98.5 has to move the game to 92.9 and it all could be avoided.

If an NHL game takes place in the woods and nobody sees or hears it, does it actually happen?

Now, I know many of the die hards here will choose Bruins over Patriots, but come on. Especially given the fact that this is a late year Patriots game with major playoff implications. Even if the B’s had chosen a 1pm matinee.

Girlfriend asked if I wanted to go to this game. Nope. I’ll peek at it on my phone.

Fools, bureaucratic fools.

Reactions: Orr2Neely8

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Not missing the point at all, Your point was the Boston market will watch football (any football) over the Bruins.

Bad business or not. Hockey has never and will never be a sport for the "casual" sports fan. In Boston or anywhere else. The NHL knows now and has known it long before Gary came on board.

Go Bruins today, Pats lose ,big deal who's going to give them push back in the playoffs in that league? If the teams don't suck the coaches suck for them lol, The script is boring

I think you are missing the point.

Even if everything you say about hockey not really being a sport for the casual fan is true, why would you schedule a hockey game head to head vs the Patriots, when it could easily be avoided? Especially seeing as how the 5pm start is not the normal start time.

It’s just dumb.

As far as the relative importance of the two games, it’s not even close (and I’m a hockey fan first and football fan second saying that). Football has 16 games, hockey has 82, roughly a 1 to 5 ratio. So, even if you don’t factor in the importance of the game for playoff seedings and the rivalry, each football game is equal to five hockey games.

I will end up DVRing both games and switching between the two, but why should I have to?

Last edited:

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I think you are missing the point.

Even if everything you say about hockey not really being a sport for the casual fan, why would you schedule a hockey game head to head vs the Patriots, when it could easily be avoided? Especially seeing as how the 5pm start is not the normal start time.

It’s just dumb.

As far as the relative importance of the two games, it’s not even close (and I’m a hockey fan first and football fan second saying that). Football has 16 games, hockey has 82, roughly a 1 to 5 ratio. So, even if you don’t factor in the importance of the game for playoff seedings and the rivalry, each football game is equal to five hockey games.

I will end up DVRing both games ans switching between the two, but why should I have to?

Agree to disagree. As far as the Pats go I want to see them lose only to see them get challenged with a road game in the playoffs for a change rather than a cake walk as usual.

Even football fans must want to see something more interesting for a change. Nothing like winning a massive playoff game in someone else's home. No?

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Agree to disagree. As far as the Pats go I want to see them lose only to see them get challenged with a road game in the playoffs for a change rather than a cake walk as usual.

Even football fans must want to see something more interesting for a change. Nothing like winning a massive playoff game in someone else's home. No?
So you think it is ok to schedule the Bruins head to head against the Patriots and you want the Pats to lose.

I will agree to disagree as well.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
B's need to be assertive for 3 periods and the D needs to stay awake . These D lapses are costing them

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

This is literally one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read.

Also, it does absolutely nothing at all to explain why you would schedule the B’s game straight up against the Pats if it could be easily avoided.

Even if you want NE to lose to “make it more interesting”, what does that have to do with making it more difficult for fans of both teams to watch both games?

Orr2Neely8

Apr 15, 2010
Raynham

Using that mindset......I want to see the bruins lose so they're more closer to making a much needed trade ! :popcorn:

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

Nope.

A loss means you’re then chasing the two seed and a first round bye.

The path gets exponentially harder if you start messing with having to play on Wild Card weekend.

This is a massive game for the Patriots.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
[QUOTE="GloryDaze4877, post: 153731649, member: 38547"]This is literally one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read.

Also, it does absolutely nothing at all to explain why you would schedule the B’s game straight up against the Pats if it could be easily avoided.

Even if you want NE to lose to “make it more interesting”, what does that have to do with making it more difficult for fans of both teams to watch both games?[/QUOTE]

I guess this is an honor considering we are on a message board. The Bruins or the NHL could care less about running up against the Pats. Isn't that obvious? No explanation needed.

You can watch both with today's technology with split screens etc, Heck you can tell your remote to switch the channel for you. :)

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
[QUOTE="GloryDaze4877, post: 153731649, member: 38547"]This is literally one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read.

Even if you want NE to lose to “make it more interesting”, what does that have to do with making it more difficult for fans of both teams to watch both games?

I guess this is an honor considering we are on a message board. The Bruins or the NHL could care less about running up against the Pats. Isn't that obvious? No explanation needed.

You can watch both with today's technology with split screens etc, Heck you can tell your remote to switch the channel for you. :)[/QUOTE]

We are back to the part where you are missing the point and that the B’s/NHL not caring about going head with the Patriots is just bad business.

And split screen or picture in picture sucks.

Reactions: Strafer

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
I have had to educate myself a touch about preventing Bear attacks here as there are loads of them and I take the pooch into the woods a ton so I know what to do with them. Buffalo`s though? I dunno, think I`d rather a bear at this stage
Be careful out there, black bears are not much of an issue but the grizzlies are becoming a big problem. Bear spray is your best defence ( well a 300WM works best but is frowned upon). Buffalo are dangerous as well but they don’t have a desire to eat you.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Both my “Bears” playing almost back to back ... Bears this morning and Bruins this aft . Love it ! Kill Aaron Rodgers and kick the crap out of da Sabres . Bear Down !!

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

You can watch both with today's technology with split screens etc, Heck you can tell your remote to switch the channel for you. :)

We are back to the part where you are missing the point and that the B’s/NHL not caring about going head with the Patriots is just bad business.

And split screen or picture in picture sucks.[/QUOTE]

You folks care way more about this than you should. Watch what you want to watch, who cares.

THEY don't that's my point It doesn't matter to them whether you think it's bad business or not.
Hard core Bruins fans will go from the Bruins to the Pats NOT the other way around. Casual fans? Again that's not their audience

Reactions: BBB24 and Strafer

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

And split screen or picture in picture sucks.

You folks care way more about this than you should. Watch what you want to watch, who cares.

THEY don't that's my point It doesn't matter to them whether you think it's bad business or not.
Hard core Bruins fans will go from the Bruins to the Pats NOT the other way around. Casual fans? Again that's not their audience[/QUOTE]

Uh you got the equal amount of posts on this there cowboy.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

Hard core Bruins fans will go from the Bruins to the Pats NOT the other way around. Casual fans? Again that's not their audience

Uh you got the equal amount of posts on this there cowboy.[/QUOTE

Cowboy? Calm down there chief .

Bearcrap

Jan 29, 2004
Pembroke
Which would you run from in an open field if it's chasing you, a bruin or a buffalo?

Legitimate question. I'd say bear. But i'd also love to have one as a pet...
Dumb question for tomorrow: What would you run from in an open field a bruin or a french Canadian?

Reactions: UConn126

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Using that mindset......I want to see the bruins lose so they're more closer to making a much needed trade ! :popcorn:
Why lose just one when we can lose out and draft Hughes!

To an extent, I agree with @4ORRBRUIN though

The Pats have had nothing but success for 18 years. It's been fun, but it's definitely grown a bit stale. As a fan, I don't feel at all invested in watching Brady and Belicheck. They have nothing left to prove. I'm the type of fan that enjoys the ups and the downs, but when there's no downs, the ups start to lose their entertainment value.

The Bruins have had far more downs in recent history, and thus, I'm far more invested in their success and would never root for the to lose. The Pats on the other hand can lose all they want and I won't care because their greatness is solidified. I'll go back to watching the Pats religiously when there's a new coach or QB (which ever happens first), because then I feel as though there will be some mystery as to the end result.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Why lose just one when we can lose out and draft Hughes!

To an extent, I agree with @4ORRBRUIN though

The Pats have had nothing but success for 18 years. It's been fun, but it's definitely grown a bit stale. As a fan, I don't feel at all invested in watching Brady and Belicheck. They have nothing left to prove. I'm the type of fan that enjoys the ups and the downs, but when there's no downs, the ups start to lose their entertainment value.

The Bruins have had far more downs in recent history, and thus, I'm far more invested in their success and would never root for the to lose. The Pats on the other hand can lose all they want and I won't care because their greatness is solidified. I'll go back to watching the Pats religiously when there's a new coach or QB (which ever happens first), because then I feel as though there will be some mystery as to the end result.
Winning is overrated

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
LOL. The sheer stupidity of the NHL continues on. I wasn't a fan of the 5 pm start in Ott for the Bs 19 hours after the Tor game ended, and I think it's just as dumb that Buf has to play a 5 pm game less than 24 hours after playing the Caps. Even more stupid is going up against the Pats and the NFL. I'll be watching the Bs since the NFL means about as much to me as Jordan Caron, but it sucks for fans who follow both sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille