GDT: Game #32 -- Sun Mar 24, 2013 - Red Wings @ Ducks - 8:00 p.m.| FSD

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
brunner brings nothing to the table except offense. and he hasn't brought any offense to the table in 12 games.

The longest Brunner has gone without a point all season is 3 games and he still leads the team in goals.

Making him a healthy scratch is a prime example of Babcock playing favorites.

Fine young man

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
www.hockeyiq.com
People ITT: "what are assists?"

The decision to sit Brunner makes the pp worse, takes all offensive threat away from the 3rd line and makes us worse in the shootout. But yeah Eaves or Cleary are clearly so much better...

Hammerheart

Now how about a hug?
Aug 1, 2011
I'm not one to complain too much about what goes on with this team, but Babcock making Brunner a healthy scratch while Franzen and Cleary remain in the lineup just boils me.

RedWingsNow*

brunner brings nothing to the table except offense. and he hasn't brought any offense to the table in 12 games.

Why not give him a chance to play with Datsyuk before putting him on line 3 and then benching him?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
People ITT: "what are assists?"

The decision to sit Brunner makes the pp worse, takes all offensive threat away from the 3rd line and makes us worse in the shootout. But yeah Eaves or Cleary are clearly so much better...

If it takes Brunner off the point, it doesn't make it much worse.

Now, if we used Brunner down low like we should, then yeah, makes the PP worse.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I'm not one to complain too much about what goes on with this team, but Babcock making Brunner a healthy scratch while Franzen and Cleary remain in the lineup just boils me.

Franzen had maybe his best game of the season last game.

detgirl13

Feb 8, 2012
What a bonehead move. Cleary adds nothing to the line up and yet he stays, same with Eaves.
Although Abby had a great game last game, he brings nothing to the table 95% of the time.

This team's saving grace will come when they show Holland and Babcock the door. The way this team is managed is perplexing. Pylons on pylons on pylons...:shakehead

Hammerheart

Now how about a hug?
Aug 1, 2011
What a bonehead move. Cleary adds nothing to the line up and yet he stays, same with Eaves.
Although Abby had a great game last game, he brings nothing to the table 95% of the time.

This team's saving grace will come when they show Holland and Babcock the door. The way this team is managed is perplexing. Pylons on pylons on pylons...:shakehead

Abby brings more to this game than most people on this board will ever give him credit for.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
No Brunner? Guess we really want to play grind-it-out boring hockey and not score any goals... Awesome!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad