GDT: Game #32 -- Sun Mar 24, 2013 - Red Wings @ Ducks - 8:00 p.m.| FSD

GT500x

Im OK where we're at
Jun 15, 2008
My comfort zone
Pretty funny they claimed that Vancouver was going to be pissed at home when Detroit beat them at Joe Louis Arena 8-3 and then beat them In Vancouver 5-2 as long as Detroit plays like they did Friday night we will be fine.

You're talking about games where the other team's goaltending went shooter tutor suddenly. I can't in good conscience say that the Wings would have won 2 out of 3 of those games had the opposing goalie played like he even belonged in the NHL at all. I'm not being negative either, I'm being objective and judging purely off of what I see on the ice. I hope the Wings win tonight but I don't expect them to if the Ducks' goaltending is respectable.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
You're talking about games where the other team's goaltending went shooter tutor suddenly. I can't in good conscience say that the Wings would have won 2 out of 3 of those games had the opposing goalie played like he even belonged in the NHL at all. I'm not being negative either, I'm being objective and judging purely off of what I see on the ice. I hope the Wings win tonight but I don't expect them to if the Ducks' goaltending is respectable.

Are you not familiar with Roberto Luongo? That's who the Canucks are, dude.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
can't say i'm surprised to see him scratched. hasn't scored a goal in 12 games. maybe this will be a wake up call for him

DTownWingsfan

Mar 21, 2006
Downingtown, PA
Not sure I like Brunner being scratched. I can see Tootoo being in, but I thought either Miller or Eaves would have sat instead. Hopefully Babcock won't make a habit out of having Brunner out of the lineup. Not scoring a goal in 12 games isn't a good enough reason to sit him, IMO. If that was the reasoning behind sitting him, then a few other guys should have been scratched from games already.

Edge of Sanity*

Very happy to see Brunner scratched, he's a negative value whenever he's on the ice right now. Guy makes some of the dumbest plays I've ever seen. This isn't pond hockey.

DTownWingsfan

Mar 21, 2006
Downingtown, PA
Very happy to see Brunner scratched, he's a negative value whenever he's on the ice right now. Guy makes some of the dumbest plays I've ever seen. This isn't pond hockey.

For an undrafted first year player, he's done pretty well. Just because he isn't scoring like he was, doesn't mean you sit him out a game. The only way he's going to keep learning and improving his game is by playing. I'd love to know why Babcock decided to scratch him for this game.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
brunner brings nothing to the table except offense. and he hasn't brought any offense to the table in 12 games.

Yeah, he's been a liability these last couple of weeks. If he played defense or was smarter with the puck, he'd be playing.

He's a poor man's Ovechkin.

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
Glad to see Brunner scratched... for his sake. He's squeezing the stick and overthinking everything. He's just spinning his wheels, and though it's good to see him trying hard, the rubber just isn't hitting the road. I think a little rest is due. He's not only never had a year of hockey like this... this is a condensed and particularly difficult NHL schedule. We'll all be better for it.

About Wings fans... a lot of Michiganders migrated out west and to the southwest. It's not white flight; that's a phenomenon of moving to the suburbs after Great Migration of African Americans to the north. I think this is more about people from Michigan retiring to dry/hot areas for the sake of their joints and raising their kids as Wings fans. Or people leaving the hurting economy. I moved to pursue a career I couldn't do in Detroit and was in LA for 12 years. Kings fans would try to call me a fair weather fan, but I knew more about their team than they did (not all of them of course, just the jerks who would try to call me a fair weather fan). For the record I became a Wings fan in 83... when they were still bad. And I heard the new kid they drafted was gonna be pretty good...

Okay enough nostalgic rant/tangent. I think the Wings lose in a shootout 3-2. But put on a good showing and get a point.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Brunner is a liability if he isn't scoring. He has negative on ice value when he isn't putting the puck in the net. I have no problem with this move.

The problem I have is that this isn't consistent treatment throughout the lineup. There needs to be accountability across the boards. No favoritism, no exceptions.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Glad to see Brunner scratched... for his sake. He's squeezing the stick and overthinking everything. He's just spinning his wheels, and though it's good to see him trying hard, the rubber just isn't hitting the road. I think a little rest is due. He's not only never had a year of hockey like this... this is a condensed and particularly difficult NHL schedule. We'll all be better for it.

About Wings fans... a lot of Michiganders migrated out west and to the southwest. It's not white flight; that's a phenomenon of moving to the suburbs after Great Migration of African Americans to the north. I think this is more about people from Michigan retiring to dry/hot areas for the sake of their joints and raising their kids as Wings fans. Or people leaving the hurting economy. I moved to pursue a career I couldn't do in Detroit and was in LA for 12 years. Kings fans would try to call me a fair weather fan, but I knew more about their team than they did (not all of them of course, just the jerks who would try to call me a fair weather fan). For the record I became a Wings fan in 83... when they were still bad. And I heard the new kid they drafted was gonna be pretty good...

Okay enough nostalgic rant/tangent. I think the Wings lose in a shootout 3-2. But put on a good showing and get a point.

Not all whites in white flight remained in Michigan though, majority went to all white suburbs but some even'fled' the state.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad