GDT: Game #32 -- Sun Mar 24, 2013 - Red Wings @ Ducks - 8:00 p.m.| FSD

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Ahh what a great feeling. It feels great to stomp the Ducks (whose fans hate us for some reason).

It was amusing that the same Ducks and Sharks fans who revile the Wings so much have been vociferously whining about the Wings moving east.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Monster starting tomorrow and Brunner back in

I like Brunner being back in, I didn't even notice Tootoo and I thought he didn't pick a very good time to fight.

I know Howard needs to rest but we're going to be playing a very hungry Phoenix team that needs a win. I'd be okay with an OT or SO loss tomorrow night. That and The Monster hasn't really given me much confidence in his abilities this year.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I like Brunner being back in, I didn't even notice Tootoo and I thought he didn't pick a very good time to fight.

I know Howard needs to rest but we're going to be playing a very hungry Phoenix team that needs a win. I'd be okay with an OT or SO loss tomorrow night. That and The Monster hasn't really given me much confidence in his abilities this year.
I don't trust the backup. Also I'm happy we won but playing the entire 3rd on defence was just bas

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Check out these 2 cry babies!!!! Getzlaf>:cry: Perry>:cry:
tumblr_mk75ebVQPk1rqhbsko2_400.gif

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

I haven't been impressed with Gustavsson to date but he needs to play, particularly on back to back situations. He needs to rise to the occasion tomorrow if he's going to prove he's an NHL caliber back-up.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Just so you know... how many of those goalies were on their 1st or 2nd contracts and now paid much much more!!

Ward: 6.3 Mil cap hit (they can still afford staal / staal / semin / skinner.
Fleury: 5 Mil Cap hit (he won when he was young too)
Quick: 5.8 Mil Cap hit
Thomas: 6 Mil
Niemi: 3.8 Mil (And he isn't bringing SJ to the playoffs)
Osgood was a cheap goalie. - Ya us!

Yes when teams have players (stars) below 25, things work out better. But if you think we win a cup without howard, hoping Mrazek just gets as good as howard is a dumb move.

No doubt, all those teams won with good goalies that were getting paid less than they normally get in a couple years.

Buuuut. The point is that you cannot over spend on a goalie. You need that money for skaters. You need to lock up a couple solid dmen, be strong down the center, fill out the squad with good depth. If you spend 5M+ on a goalie, it's really hard to do that. You can try to spend more on a goalie and try to get lucky on a cheaper player getting hot, but that doesn't seem to work out as well.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Monster starting tomorrow and Brunner back in
I wonder why Babcock changed the line up that won him the game 2 days ago.

I think he had one good hit. But I thought the timing for the fight was terrible.
As for Gustavsson, he was very shakey last game. He has to settle down.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I do not know why they complain/whine so much about the call. Getzlaf did trip Filppula. And the tripping call on Cleary was very bad and weak.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
We finally have a winning record on the road 7-6-2.

The reason for this is:
Better/solid goaltending
Much better special units (I think we have scored a PP goal in last 6-7 games)
All 4 lines chipping in.

I think since Franzen came back, both Cleary and Abby have been better, much better.
I thought Nyquist had a very good game.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Splitting Abby and Cleary has been a big catalyst. Having 2 low skill guys on the same line was just producing nothing.

wedge56

Mar 7, 2012
Check out these 2 cry babies!!!! Getzlaf>:cry: Perry>:cry:
tumblr_mk75ebVQPk1rqhbsko2_400.gif

Getzlaf: "What? You are calling me for a phantom trip? Then why did you let me get away with slashing Wings in the legs after the whistle the entire second half of the game if you were going to call that?"

Perry: "I hate playing against Zetterberg. He makes me look more badder."

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I noticed our 2nd power play unit of Filppula, Nyquist, Cleary, Smith, and Kindl has been just as good as our main one. I was skeptical because Gus and Filppula both shy away from shooting, but dang they're all meshing well. Smith and Kindl especially.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
By the way even if someone is making attacks at you or other redwings fans don't tell them on HF Boards not to be a crybaby. I got a HF Boards infraction for doing just that. I don't think I deserved that given my comment was pretty tame compared to their racy comments, but that's the moderators decision I guess. Don't defend yourself or fellow fans on HF Boards its not worth it!!

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
I noticed our 2nd power play unit of Filppula, Nyquist, Cleary, Smith, and Kindl has been just as good as our main one. I was skeptical because Gus and Filppula both shy away from shooting, but dang they're all meshing well. Smith and Kindl especially.

It definitely looked better than the pile of hot garbage it was at the beginning of the season, but that isn't saying much. They still need better entries into the zone and some more movement when they get set up. Gus is looking more confident with the puck once they're set up which is good, and Kindl and Smith keep improving which is great to see.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
I don't get this team...

Win back to back games against a top4 team in the league.... can't win against columbus and calgary if their life depended on it...

Or should we all blame salary cap, every game is a coin-flip 50/50?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
It definitely looked better than the pile of hot garbage it was at the beginning of the season, but that isn't saying much. They still need better entries into the zone and some more movement when they get set up. Gus is looking more confident with the puck once they're set up which is good, and Kindl and Smith keep improving which is great to see.

Ian White needs to get off the PP. Kindl and Smith both skate and move the puck great. Kronwall needs someone to cycle with, and it ain't White.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad