GDT: Game 32 | Senators @ Canadiens | Battle of the 417 Edition | Sat Dec 11th 7:30PM | SN, RDS

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Lol chabot "you take that guy" and then takes the same guy and leaves his guy wide open.
I love Chabot, but that brought back painful memories from 2003 -- Karel Rachunek going after a guy who was covered and leaving Jeff Friesen all alone to knock the best Senators team ever out of the playoffs.

Reactions: coladin

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I see some guys calling for Brown to spend more time in the AHL. Brown has an issue with pace and he sometimes has an issue with compete. Both of those issues you could see last night. If he goes to the AHL, wracks up points at a 1.25 PPG pace, i think that only reinforces his belief in who he is without addressing the issues that are present at the NHL level. He needs to be quicker in his first few strides and he needs to compete harder at times and he is clearly learning that lesson here, not so sure he learns it in Belleville

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If you guys watch the replay, it was just a bad defensive pick by Chabot. He just had no idea where Chiarot was on the ice. Wouldn't call him lazy.

Agreed - Chabot had a brain cramp, likely brought on by the fact that he had been on the ice for the entire OT, but it wasn't a lazy play. That's three on three - one bad bounce, one mistake and the puck is in the back of the net. Sometimes it's your net, like it was last night, sometimes it is the other team's net, like when Brady scored the breakaway winner in Montreal three weeks ago after two Habs got caught deep in our zone...

Reactions: Senateurs

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Things are going well. It's good that Paul is graduating this year. Don't really need to graduate anyone else. I think I'd want Chlapik up because he's one that needs more reps.
If we trade pageau or Tierney I want chlapik in their spot for th eremainder of the season... see what he can do with bigger minutes and better linemates

Reactions: Xspyrit

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If you guys watch the replay, it was just a bad defensive pick by Chabot. He just had no idea where Chiarot was on the ice. Wouldn't call him lazy.
now don't blow up at this... but this post is eerily similar to the ones we saw about ceci,..

CHABOT IS NOT CECI>

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
Chabot has become very frustrating to watch this year. You know he's uber talented but it looks like he has no urgency to his game. He's super lackadaisical on the powerplay and that OT goal was brutal. He played 28 minutes last night so the OT goal was probably a result of fatigue, but man you know he can be so much better than he's played. Hopefully the coaches change something on that top PP, cause it's just not working with him being the Karlsson QB(it never really worked when Karlsson was in the same spot either).

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
so many pissed Habs fans on twitter its amazing. even when they win theyre angry with Brady. Now if we can just get White on the same page.. I don't know where that Shit-housery that we saw from him at the WJCs went?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Tkachuk had an incredible game overall but that pass in OT was pretty brutal.

Was down at Maclaren's to watch the Kawhi return and had this on in the background. It was pretty funny to see how few people gave any f***s about this hockey game. They wouldnt even put this game on the a TV near us for a long time since only our table wanted it and everyone else was there for basketball.

Melnyk has really fostered apathy around this team. So many nights now where I just opt to put on a basketball game instead of the Sens game. A game against the Habs should be a bigger deal, but I find myself just wanting to hit the 'skip' button on this season.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
What's happening to Nick Paul's ice time? He is much more noticeable on the ice than Tierney, Namestnikov and Anisimov, all of whom played close to 5 minutes more than Paul.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Lol

received_2489754967973235.png

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
Brady is an asshole, but he's our asshole .. I hope he never changes cuz I fracking love his playstyle. :bow:

And what can you say about the OT play other than Chabot coming up on his 29th minute and Brady 22, both looked tired af.. nice comeback in the 3rd though.

Reactions: topshelf15

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004

Was down at Maclaren's to watch the Kawhi return and had this on in the background. It was pretty funny to see how few people gave any ****s about this hockey game. They wouldnt even put this game on the a TV near us for a long time since only our table wanted it and everyone else was there for basketball.

Melnyk has really fostered apathy around this team. So many nights now where I just opt to put on a basketball game instead of the Sens game. A game against the Habs should be a bigger deal, but I find myself just wanting to hit the 'skip' button on this season.
I like basketball on Sports Centre or Raptors in 30. Just don't have the patience to watch a game all the way through. I find this Sens team entertaining. And it's kind of relaxing. Wins are fun, but losses don't matter.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Brady is an *******, but he's our ******* .. I hope he never changes cuz I fracking love his playstyle. :bow:

And what can you say about the OT play other than Chabot coming up on his 29th minute and Brady 22, both looked tired af.. nice comeback in the 3rd though.
Yeah BT is a beast,and a bad play is going to happen from time to time when you play 29 mins

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Was down at Maclaren's to watch the Kawhi return and had this on in the background. It was pretty funny to see how few people gave any ****s about this hockey game. They wouldnt even put this game on the a TV near us for a long time since only our table wanted it and everyone else was there for basketball.

Well, go ahead and it the "skip" button then, Raptor forums are blowing up. Take care!

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
One thing I'll say about Chabot that I've mentioned before is that he has this knack to hold onto the puck for too long at times. Often leads to him getting stripped or the pass/shot is blocked for deflected. Almost looks nonchalent.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Let's take a deep breath on Chabot. Yes he had a brain fart but remember the NHL pace is crazy fast, much faster than it "looks" on TV. Every NHL player has brain farts on a regular basis. The only guys with less of these than others are the guys with the perfect work ethic and supreme hockey sense like Crosby and Bergeron.

Chabot is still young and not perfect, he needs to continue cleaning up his game but seriously, he was IMO by far the most talented player on the ice last night. And remember one thing, Chabot is a cerebral finesse player, a bit like the Spezzas and Ryans of this world but a very smooth skater. They might leave you frustrated at times, but you need that kind of high end talent on your team. It's a mix, you need the right players to support them. And we should know how the situation this year is not ideal for guys like Chabot, White, Tkachuk. We stripped them of all the high end talent we had.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad