GDT: Game 32: Panthers at Blackhawks | Dec. 8, 2013 | 6:00 PM CT | WGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothingman*

I think it depends on your cable provider. I had Direct TV last year. Barring blackouts for NBC Sports/NHLN/Fox Sports Detroit I had home and away feeds for all games. I have Comcast now and that's not the case, so I went with Hockeystreams this year.

I am ****ed with Comcast as well.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Like 3-4 regulars (out of how many?) do not like him. All of the Raanta "hate" is imaginary, the bulk of people understand he is going to have an adjustment period and has potential to be a pretty good goaltender.

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
I don't even think Kane's playing as well as he can.. but he just makes plays. It's all he does.

Well it's pretty miraculous what he creates when he is playing with Michal Handzus as his 2nd line center, and seemingly a rotation of Saad & Versteeg on the other wing tonight.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
One person made a thread that almost everyone resoundingly mocked. There have been a couple other posters that have derided him, but he definitely is not being **** on by the majority of posters (including myself).

I just don't see the amount of hate for him that you do I suppose.

Yeah, reading back through the thread, the BobbyJet and Plopps posts is what stood out most to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
One person made a thread that almost everyone resoundingly mocked. There have been a couple other posters that have derided him, but he definitely is not being **** on by the majority of posters (including myself).

I just don't see the amount of hate for him that you do I suppose.

I don't think there's any hate for him, just unrealistic expectations. Yeah he's not great at handling the puck and sucked ass in the shootout, but he's a rookie. These are things that can be fixed. I see absolutely no reason to worry at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
The problem is that people think they can make a judgment about a player by watching him play in 3 games. And a goalie at that? People around here are hilarious if they think they have the "scouting" skills to judge goalies by watching them for a few games.

And the shootout is.....the shootout. Who cares about the freakin' shootout. Folks shouldn't expect Raanta to jump in and play like Niemi did in relief of Huet or like Crawford did in relief of Turco.

And the list of goalies who have come in and performed well for 1 season before flaming out is a long one. So again, it takes a long time to know with a goalie.

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
Why Versteeg instead of Saad with Kane? Don't love that. Saad needs more minutes.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I want the Blackhawks feed. If all games were in HD, I could have lived with Comcast knowing I wouldn't always get that, but they only offer something like 2 HD channels for Center Ice. That's just ridiculous.

This is pretty much the reason why I didn't want CI. Not worth the money for only two HD channels IMO

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I want the Blackhawks feed. If all games were in HD, I could have lived with Comcast knowing I wouldn't always get that, but they only offer something like 2 HD channels for Center Ice. That's just ridiculous.

Wait, what?

So if there are 10 games on, only 2 are in HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad