Mar 29, 2005
One of the best GDTs I've seen.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Oh, and puck drops at the same time as my first condo meeting since I bought the place about a half year ago, so likely will miss at least the first period.

CertainAffinity*

Honestly.... I hope they win. But I wouldn't be surprised if they lost.

If these last three losses felt like a weird stretch of bad puck luck or some isolated sloppy, bad play, that would be one thing.

But the problems with the Hawks play in the past three games are the exact same problems we've seen since DAY ONE of the season. It just seems that now, the team isn't managing to bail themselves out of their bad decisions and all-around passive, sloppy team defense with nothing more than pure offensive talent.

I could see an extended losing streak if this team doesn't stop reading their own press and starts actually putting in the kind of 60 minute, detail-oriented, aggressive performances that took a talented team from competitive to nigh-unbeatable.

Until we start seeing the kind of consistent, high level of play across 200 ft of the ice that we saw last year, I don't have much hope for them pulling out of this funk. This doesn't feel like a minor skid. This feels an accumulation of all the problems we've seen all year reaching a tipping point and coming to bear.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Excellent GDT!

Am interested to see how Versteeg plays against the Panthers.

Looks like Jimmy Hayes had a goal that was partially assisted by Dylan Olsen tonight against Detroit.

LandofLincoln*

:handclap: Well put together Franklin as Oduya nice! :handclap:

Seabrook is genius though that character has the Seabrook hairline and cut exactly.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 3h

Andrew Shaw excited to face Jimmy Hayes: "For sure, I'll be able to get under his skin, too. Should have some fun with it." #Blackhawks

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Imagine...a poster who is not me was the first to suggest this recent lapse of sloppy half-only compete play wwas due to our players reading and believing their own press clippings...gee I thought the conensus excuse was team tiredness? Of course by now most teams ought to be sdttled in the grind to nearly equal tiredness..so that excuse is just hard to believe..Can Toews be tired for about 8 straight games? 1 g abd 1A only...I believe..in his "slump"..and now Mr. November looks like he too is catching the Toews lolligag virus..Sharp needs myriads of shot attempts to finish one..tbis is star sniping? IT seems since his 4pt. Game of now too long memory, our captain has either come down with mono..or cauvht thd lazy half-effoft/missing talent soecialness virus...and since JJ over at hockeybuzz.com put the K.O.D. on our top line of Sharp Toews Hossa by stating they edre the best line in hockey...they have revefted to too little pfoductivity as a line...Cannot beat DAL despite their best playerand gop centre out and top Dman out..but now Segjin returns..Benn is always very good and Nichushkin is coming on like gangbusters..such that now that line put together as the top line for DAL. ..had dominaging myriads of scoring points together and destroyed the Flyers. ..demonstrating what a real top line can do...have we even ever got such a dominating show from our top trio this year...all together clicking into big multiponts for the line..jot just 1 guy on the line? The old adage...hour best must be your best..and we supposedly have 4 of the best..but our 4 stars are playing far from super lately...more like STUPOR STARS....If other teams top guns can shine. ..why our our stars lapsing to mehness? So the tired excuse keeps.on ticking..I am sick of it and demand Q wakes these guys up from the complacent bums they are "performing" as too often recently and the overhyped "difference-makers" making little diffdrence too often latdly..too much mailing it in and too much FAIL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad