GDT: Game 32: Panthers at Blackhawks | Dec. 8, 2013 | 6:00 PM CT | WGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pailhead

Oct 30, 2011
Plymouth, MI
I would be unbelievably pissed off if I bought it not knowing that, and then realizing that. I hate DTV, but I have CI with them last year and they did a great job with it.

I would have bought it just assuming everything was in HD. It took them so long to put up pricing/allow you to order it, that I ended up searching online to try and get an idea of what the pricing might be. I got lucky and came across a page where people were complaining about the lack of HD channels.

w00d

Remember the Roar
Oct 14, 2011
Chicago Stadium
Coincidentally this is the closest I have ever seen a modern NHL team come to having to put in an emergency 3rd goalie. That scenario hasn't happened in a long time.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
He's been decent on a couple shifts, but for the most part he has been pretty hard to notice for sure.

This is his second game after coming back from a minor injury. And to be fair, Panthers lack of any kind of system makes it really hard for Barkov to shine, when he's so used to playing in/with a proper offensive and defensive system. He doesn't shine at all in systemless hgockey (which was evident at the WJC last year when Finland suddenly forgot how they were supposed to play). If you put him on the Hawks, you'd be raving about him all night long.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
This is his second game after coming back from a minor injury. And to be fair, Panthers lack of any kind of system makes it really hard for Barkov to shine, when he's so used to playing in/with a proper offensive and defensive system. He doesn't shine at all in systemless hgockey (which was evident at the WJC last year when Finland suddenly forgot how they were supposed to play). If you put him on the Hawks, you'd be raving about him all night long.

I don't doubt you are right. Unfortunately he is saddled with a pretty ineffective Panthers system and as a result he has not been noticeable, which I don't think is arguable.

No23

May 16, 2013
Raanta is actually pretty good so far. Happy to have him on the team.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't doubt you are right. Unfortunately he is saddled with a pretty ineffective Panthers system and as a result he has not been noticeable, which I don't think is arguable.

Yup, just about every Finn who saw Barkov play here knew after the first few games that Barkov was going to have a hard time in Florida. Before the coaching change he even commented in Finnish press how he's still trying to play centre as he's been taught to and learned to play and how he ends being completely wasted in breakouts with no one passing to him in the center lane, dmen just keep chipping the puck along the boards to the wingers. For an 18 year old, that kid sure knows his hockey tactics/systems well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad