Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
LA best be ready for The King

Kessel_Swag.gif

Watch, he won't even register a shot on goal. :sarcasm:

Mr Scarface*

Wow, Sutter .. You play in the west and won't play the Leafs in Toronto again this season .. And you DON'T start Scrivens .. Weeak

That being said Bernier against his former team could be fun .. Imagine is Reimer got the start though :laugh:
That there what you stated of Sutter is a clear indicator of a deal being done. Made of a deal that is right there. Montreal got theirs yesterday and L.A played to the fullest. Today... that ain't happening at all. These old school guys make deals everyday in this life. L.A and Toronto are legendary teams and L.A respects toronto a lot. L.A can't win every game and Sutter gives his soldiers a night off today. They can do whatever they want and even party. Girls, guys, drinks, cake, cookies, games, etc. Whatever they like. Just like Carlyle did earlier this season with his team the Maple Leafs.

It's like a red circle. Le Cercle Rouge. Everything comes together in the end. First the Leafs lose some and give away games. And now we get them points back. L.A is the team that gives them. I'm glad of that there.

Nobody loses in these types of situations. Everybody gets it back at some point. Now it's our turn and we're glad of it.
Sutter, GM's and Carlyle are all real smart. So are the owners.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Lol Scrivens gets the shaft.

Seriously if I was LA I would never spend too much on goalie, seems like they could put a pylon in net and it will get a shutout and have a .970 pct over 10 games.

It's a shame that teams like Boston, Chicago and LA don't get that their defense is so good that they don't need to pay so much money for a goalie.

Detroit was smart and didn't overpay for goalies when they had Lidstrom, Rafalski etc. Now they had to overpay because their D isn't that good anymore.

Rask is a great goalie but playing in front of that defense, he basically stole money from the Bruins. As long as Chara is in Boston, no #1 goalie for the Bruins will be below .920SV%.

Crawford sucks despite having a good team in front of him and Quick is inconsistent.

Right now, the best goalie in the league is Carey Price.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
It's a shame that teams like Boston, Chicago and LA don't get that their defense is so good that they don't need to pay so much money for a goalie.

Detroit was smart and didn't overpay for goalies when they had Lidstrom, Rafalski etc. Now they had to overpay because their D isn't that good anymore.

Rask is a great goalie but playing in front of that defense, he basically stole money from the Bruins. As long as Chara is in Boston, no #1 goalie for the Bruins will be below .920SV%.

Crawford sucks despite having a good team in front of him and Quick is inconsistent.

Right now, the best goalie in the league is Carey Price.

Quoted for truth .. The Wings had Osgood backstop them for all those years and it somehow worked :laugh:

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Jake Muzzin? Young D. Prone to mistakes, according to Kings posters.

Nice GDT, Thainer.

Big shot from the point. Often goes straight into the goalie's chest. Good vision on the PP. Not a bad straight line skater, but not especially mobile. Uses his size well. Gets bailed out by Doughty & Quick more often than Amanda Bynes gets bailed out by her agent.

We will CRUSH some Kings. It's dethroning time baby, we'll show the league who the real King is! (Sopranos)

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Damn, was going for the return of Scribbles.

Scrivens was supposed to start last Sat vs the Isles , left the practice first, etc. But when the game started, Jones was in and even the announcers were confused. Sutter said post game that Scrivens got 'dinged up' in the pregame skate and couldn't play. That's why Jones is playing. Sutter hasn't elaborated on what exaclty was 'dinged up' or when the Professor will be ready to go again.

Last edited:

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
OT: LOL, Cherry's random rambling:

on Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC 16m
1) A big beautiful hawk was killed on North Sheridan Way Service Road last night. How can anybody kill a beautiful bird like that?

Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC 16m
2) The bird had to be seen. I can understand, although sad, when I see a squirrel killed on the road, the way they dart in and out .

3) But this hawk did not know how to time it when to get out of the way of as a car comes. Sad. I love hawks. They always look so cool as

4) they sit on a tree like they should be wearing sun glasses.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
1st post updated, no frattin, unsure of replacement.

Those will be my final edits of the day so feel free to add at the bottom if something develops. See you all tonight!

GOLEAFSGO

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
This could be ugly
Ashton scratched again and I'm guessing RC has McLaren playing. You know, the guy who plays 4 minutes, and does nothing!

Penalty Kill Icing*

This could be ugly
Ashton scratched again and I'm guessing RC has McLaren playing. You know, the guy who plays 4 minutes, and does nothing!

But at least those who were mad that Ashton gave Boston the 2 points by taking the peanlty should be happy now.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

1) A big beautiful hawk was killed on North Sheridan Way Service Road last night. How can anybody kill a beautiful bird like that?

2) The bird had to be seen. I can understand, although sad, when I see a squirrel killed on the road, the way they dart in and out .

3) But this hawk did not know how to time it when to get out of the way of as a car comes. Sad. I love hawks. They always look so cool as

:biglaugh:

This could be ugly

McLaren - Holland - D'Amigo was a solid line last game against Boston .. Hope they get more ice time if they play well

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Carlyle's best decisions are made because of injuries. As players like Orr start getting back to 100%, expect some mind blowing stupid decisions.

We might even see Orr on a PP when we're down a goal in the 3rd!

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
:biglaugh:

McLaren - Holland - D'Amigo was a solid line last game against Boston .. Hope they get more ice time if they play well

"McLaren"and "more ice time" should never be used in the same sentence
Seriously though, how does that help Holland succeed? Someone we gave up, which looks like a 2nd rounder for?
And when you're struggling to score, find energy, reduce penalty minutes, be better defensively.....how exactly does McLaren help?

Penalty Kill Icing*

Tweet #4. Someone did the work on it on twitter. via Puck Daddy.

BbOMNOTIUAEKpWk.png:large

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
So this hot shot LA newby goalie thinks he's boss
He could probably sit crosslegged in his crease playing solitaire and still get a shutout in 2 of those starts

Now he's going to get tested by the #2 pp in the league
And Lupul is back!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Holland should be with Kessel and JvR. Kadri with Lupul and Clarkson.

Will finally give us a decent top 6.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
"McLaren"and "more ice time" should never be used in the same sentence
Seriously though, how does that help Holland succeed? Someone we gave up, which looks like a 2nd rounder for?
And when you're struggling to score, find energy, reduce penalty minutes, be better defensively.....how exactly does McLaren help?

You missed "if they play well" like last game

McLaren isn't a terrible player, he's solid in the corners and on the cycle which is how that line was generating chances .. Chip it in, skate hard and put a hit on the d-man, cycle it to generate some offense

Holland obvious has the talent to play with more skilled wingers but he brings some finish and skill to that line to score .. Plus he's still developing and needs to bring consistency .. Playing a simple cycle and chip game will help build confidence so he can eventually play with better calibre linemates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad