GDT: Game 32: Columbus vs. Chicago | 12/20 7PM EST

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Still pissed. 2nd year in a Row Hawks have been gifted by the Refs. Last year, they called us for goalie inteference on this play. Skating blades up into our goalie is not goalie inteference, but this play is. Last year cost us at least 1 point, this year's cost us a ROW win..****ing refs.

Holy ****, that's an even worse call than I remembered. Nobody even touched him. If we got that point, we would've been in the playoffs, right?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Connauton has been a good pick up. He is playing respectable defense and has a good shot and scring instincts. While he didn't score on the shootout attempt, he displayed a good move - a much better move than several of our forwards (Calvert, Dubi). Curious as to how others feel about him.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I like him. Wasn't overly impressed with the news of the claim because I figured if he couldn't play in Dallas why bother. I'm thinking I (and Dallas) was wrong.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Connauton has been a good pick up. He is playing respectable defense and has a good shot and scring instincts. While he didn't score on the shootout attempt, he displayed a good move - a much better move than several of our forwards (Calvert, Dubi). Curious as to how others feel about him.

His positioning in our end is not good, he's good everywhere else. Pretty good overall play so far.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Thank god for Bob. This is one of the worst passing teams we've had yet. The reason the offense struggles is because theyre never gaining the zone with speed because they cant connect a pass. We're in trouble if Bob gets hurt again....wrap him in bubble wrap whenever he steps off the ice

Having the same lineup for more than 2 games in row would help! (injury excuse)

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Holy ****, that's an even worse call than I remembered. Nobody even touched him. If we got that point, we would've been in the playoffs, right?

Wow, I had actually forgotten completely about that. Damn, we would have had playoffs if that **** no goal call wasn't made, in hindsight.

I suppose not only are the Hawks the favorite team of bandwagoners, but the favorite team of the officials as well. Crazy. So frustrating looking back at that. The refereeing in this league is by far the most inconsistent, and just plain the worst, out of all major sports. No question. The NHL would be perfect if not for the idiotic refs in this league.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Wow, I had actually forgotten completely about that. Damn, we would have had playoffs if that **** no goal call wasn't made, in hindsight.

I suppose not only are the Hawks the favorite team of bandwagoners, but the favorite team of the officials as well. Crazy. So frustrating looking back at that. The refereeing in this league is by far the most inconsistent, and just plain the worst, out of all major sports. No question. The NHL would be perfect if not for the idiotic refs in this league.

You haven't been to many soccer games, have you? :laugh:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
First W I've seen in person this season - was 0 for 3 going in.

I thought Bruins fans were irritating, Blackhawks fans made them seem like nothing. Never met such arrogant, a-hole fans before.. which made the W even more sweet.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
First W I've seen in person this season - was 0 for 3 going in.

I thought Bruins fans were irritating, Blackhawks fans made them seem like nothing. Never met such arrogant, a-hole fans before.. which made the W even more sweet.

The only fight I have ever seen in the stands involved Blackhawk fans. I try to avoid going when we play them.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
The only fight I have ever seen in the stands involved Blackhawk fans. I try to avoid going when we play them.

You see how this doesn't really help, right? I see this kind of comment a lot with Pitt/Chicago/Detroit games - we need more CBJ fans at these games to even this stuff out, not less. Obviously people can do whatever they want, but this contributes to the problem, IMO.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
You see how this doesn't really help, right? I see this kind of comment a lot with Pitt/Chicago/Detroit games - we need more CBJ fans at these games to even this stuff out, not less. Obviously people can do whatever they want, but this contributes to the problem, IMO.

You are definitely right. Had we had less people selling their tickets and actually going to the game last night it would have been a lot different from a crowd experience perspective.

Can't blame them for coming to the game when our prices are so low, but damn - arrogant, rude, mouthy, entitled, the whole 9 yards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad