GDT: Game 32: Columbus vs. Chicago | 12/20 7PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Good early birthday present to me was beating the red coated bandwagoners. :)

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I don't think Washington is this good. Problem is that I think passing the Rags will be tough.

And I definitely have no fear of playing Pitt or Tampa.
I agree on Washington.

Also, how are you guys liking Morin?
Haven't really had much time to evaluate Erixon, but he seems to have a really nice shot.
Don't see him playing a whole lot though, but who knows.

So what do you guys think of Morin so far?

Erixon skates well and is better then Rundblad. His play is meh overall so far

He's alright. Nothing special IMO. Sounds like what Erixon was here.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Just got "home" from the game. Amazing atmosphere. Met a lot of Blackhawks fans and they were very welcoming into their barn tonight. I was confused on why the goal horn went off for the Blue Jackets though. Probably some sportsmanship thing.

Man, that was fun. I gotta get up here for more games. Thought Morin's shot was the storybook ender on a bizarre night.

Bob makes the mediocre team in front of him capable of beating anyone on any night. Man, did we find a diamond in the rough with Constantinople or what?

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I'm actually liking Morin so far. He's much better than the Tropps and Bolls of the world, that's for sure. Nice shot in the shootout and a couple flashes during the game. I approve.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Also, I made a specific notation to watch for Erixon tonight. I only saw him during a TV timeout when he skated off the bench alone and went back to pat Crawford on the pads with his stick.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Just got "home" from the game. Amazing atmosphere. Met a lot of Blackhawks fans and they were very welcoming into their barn tonight. I was confused on why the goal horn went off for the Blue Jackets though. Probably some sportsmanship thing.

Man, that was fun. I gotta get up here for more games. Thought Morin's shot was the storybook ender on a bizarre night.

Bob makes the mediocre team in front of him capable of beating anyone on any night. Man, did we find a diamond in the rough with Constantinople or what?

:laugh::handclap:

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Many of the Chicago fans in attendance tonight are safely back home in the friendly confines of Clintonville, Pickerington, Groveport, and Hilliard.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I love games like this, the Hawks are obviously the better team but that makes it fun for the Jackets.. play it tight and hang in there.

The second Hawks goal shouldn't have counted. Yes the kicker wasn't the last one to touch the puck, but it shouldn't be legal to kamikaze into the goal, without a stick, skates first, to knock the puck in. That's my guess why the review took so long. There wasn't ambiguity in the video- they must have spent a long time looking through the rule book to find a ruling and couldn't find anything.

It's about time that Coach TR switched Morin and Skille. And Skille scores in his first game off the top-line! I don't have time, but if anyone can compare his scoring top-line / off top line, I expect you'll find he scores at a higher rate anywhere but the top line. Morin is good. I don't know if he'll score much for us but he's smart and the play doesn't die on his stick. That's all we can ask for at this point.

Joey looked a little better. Jack was great. It was The Bob Show.

And Brent Seabrook was amazing tonight. He shut us down everytime we started to look dangerous.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
It's funny, I had to tune in late and I saw Erixon. Just before Skille scored his goal, he clobbered Tim E in the corner. Then he got up, skated in front of the net, and put er home. Hawks announcers saying Erixon not seen much after that.

Still livid about the Hawks' second goal. That reckless play should be penalized, not rewarded.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Halfway through my quarter season plan and I'm 4-1 so far. Can't believe we took a game from Pittsburgh and Chicago in a week. Felt great walking out of nationwide for both. I never dislike Chicago unless they're playing here. Fans are the worst. Just disgusting amounts in every section. That being said, I'm proud of those in attendance for shutting down every hawks chant. It couldn't easily gotten very ugly in there. Thank god they pulled it out, made the long drive home much more pleasant.

Jorge

Actor,Comedian,Drunk
Jan 11, 2011
Clintonville
Many of the Chicago fans in attendance tonight are safely back home in the friendly confines of Clintonville, Pickerington, Groveport, and Hilliard.

I work at a bar. Table of Chicago fans. Actual Chicago residents visiting daughter and son-in-law. Nice people, hardcore hockey. Son-in-law rocked a first season CBJ ballcap, everyone else in Hawks gear. For what it's worth the patriarch likes the CBJ and how the club is run these days. Good stories about the NHL in the 1980s.

All the other Hawks sweaters I saw tonight reeked of I-270 bandwagon BS. Much respect to real Chicago hockey fans, as they dealt with the opposite of our late Mr. McConnell.

Thank you, Bob.:yo:

Jorge

Actor,Comedian,Drunk
Jan 11, 2011
Clintonville
It's funny, I had to tune in late and I saw Erixon. Just before Skille scored his goal, he clobbered Tim E in the corner. Then he got up, skated in front of the net, and put er home. Hawks announcers saying Erixon not seen much after that.

Still livid about the Hawks' second goal. That reckless play should be penalized, not rewarded.

Our guys do that stuff on the regular, too. The NHL needs to get it under control. The headhunting stuff has been addressed better compared to the NFL--at least IMHO. Now it's time to take better care of our goaltenders. Crash the net? Sure. Slide in with your best Ty Cobb? No. Can't the War Room rule that goalie interference factored in to the tying goal? :shakehead

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
I've been comparing him to Kiprusoff since he got to Columbus.

He's the real deal.

images

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I watched the game on DVR after getting home from a Christmas party. I was able to not no anything about the game until I got home. What a game.

Being outshot 40 something to 19 against the Hawks usually doesn't go well for the home team. With all of the turnovers inside our blue line, it is amazing more of them didn't end up in the net.

Gritty effort by the Jackets. Bob is playing well. Morin and Johnson, would have never guessed. Ws in 8 of 9 is remarkable.

These OT and shootouts are not good for ones cardiac health.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Crash the net? Sure. Slide in with your best Ty Cobb? No. Can't the War Room rule that goalie interference factored in to the tying goal? :shakehead

Still pissed. 2nd year in a Row Hawks have been gifted by the Refs. Last year, they called us for goalie inteference on this play. Skating blades up into our goalie is not goalie inteference, but this play is. Last year cost us at least 1 point, this year's cost us a ROW win..****ing refs.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Thank god for Bob. This is one of the worst passing teams we've had yet. The reason the offense struggles is because theyre never gaining the zone with speed because they cant connect a pass. We're in trouble if Bob gets hurt again....wrap him in bubble wrap whenever he steps off the ice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad