Post-Game Talk: Game 32 - B's go 0-5 on power play and lose to Caps 3-2

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Wish Pasta had ripped one by Holtby on that 2 on 1 with Marchand, he's gotta be a bit more selfish when those opportunities present themselves I think. Then again, he did make a wonderful pass to Bergy last game, so maybe I just trust him lol.

Reactions: Strafer

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I thought Marchand was pretty good tonight.

In the second period specifically every time he touched the puck it was a turnover, he bobbled the puck or sent a weak ass pass to no one.

I will say on the opening play he seemed to have gotten whacked in the head - I think by a Caps stick but couldn't see for sure and he was holding his head while he skated to the bench and on the bench. Might have had something to do with it.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
There's a solution for this.

Stay the fork on side.
Quoted for truth. The rule isn't changing this season, so f***ing adjust. I lose track of how many times I see the Bs enter the zone and don't care if they score or not because it's obvious they were a little offsides. Linesemen don't call a lot of the close stuff nowadays since they know if there is a score then it can be reviewed. Pasta and DeBrusk in particular enter the zone a little too early quite a bit.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
And he was the one who was offsides.

Was he?

100% honest....I got home late was watching on DVR and as soon as I realized they were challenging it, I just assumed it would be called off and I fast forwarded to the point where it became official.

Reactions: TOR1970Cup

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Was he?

100% honest....I got home late was watching on DVR and as soon as I realized they were challenging it, I just assumed it would be called off and I fast forwarded to the point where it became official.

Yes he was. On a typical millimeter call that you had to slow down to reverse just to see his skate an inch off the ground.

Reactions: sarge88

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
In the second period specifically every time he touched the puck it was a turnover, he bobbled the puck or sent a weak ass pass to no one.

I will say on the opening play he seemed to have gotten whacked in the head - I think by a Caps stick but couldn't see for sure and he was holding his head while he skated to the bench and on the bench. Might have had something to do with it.

I don't know man, I really didn't see that. I thought he looked pretty good tonight. He was looking to shoot and create all night ( 6 shots on net ). He had some slippery moves to get open a couple of times and a couple of other rushes, Carlson had a good stick to shut down some chances. I didn't have issues with his game tonight. Coyle on the other hand, outside of a couple of good reverse hits, was invisible tonight. I thought he was the worse forward for us. Everyone seemed to work hard. I had some grips with the D ( Carlo's slow reaction on the 2nd Oshie goal, Clifton not going for the body on the 1st Oshie goal, Chara not stepping down low to shut Backstrom down behind the net on the Carlson goal ). But overall, I thought we played pretty well.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Is it me or is playing Pasta 22 minutes a night counter productive. Has no energy to his game by the 3rd and the PP is lazy.

Reactions: Strafer

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
We just can't beat Holtby and the caps, they seem to get all the breaks, goals called back, last second goals to tie, win in SO etc. , etc. One of these days it will turn in our favour though.

Reactions: gillesgilbert

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Was he?

Yes, Jake was clearly offside. Wasn't even marginal by modern pro-sports standards. Silly mistake too because he had a clear view of Pasta skating the puck in and still jumped the gun. Then for sure his assist on the non-goal was good but he spent the rest of the game being invisible...again. He's not doing much to boost his next contract figures at present.

Reactions: BMC and sarge88

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

That's not good..... Anyone see anything?

There was a play where he went down in front of Holtby as he pinched down low... can't remember if it was the 2nd or 3rd, but I did catch him yell out in pain. Looked kind of like an awkward fall. I couldn't tell if the puck caught him in the face of if he tweaked something in his leg that caused him to fall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad