Post-Game Talk: Game 32 - B's go 0-5 on power play and lose to Caps 3-2

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Debrusk has been credited with 9 hits this season. Heinen with 12. So that makes Krejci the biggest hitter on that line. That combination stinks. Hence Ritchie (4 hits) last night instead of Heinen.

Be nice if all 4 of them could hit the net. They could all leave as far as I am concerned for upgrades. That middle six is a work in progress and the workers do not have the tools. Keep Coyle and Bjork and put out some want ads. Get a banger, a scorer and a combination of the two. Like Anderson, Wood and Palmieri.

Reactions: Strafer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Be nice if all 4 of them could hit the net. They could all leave as far as I am concerned for upgrades. That middle six is a work in progress and the workers do not have the tools. Keep Coyle and Bjork and put out some want ads. Get a banger, a scorer and a combination of the two. Like Anderson, Wood and Palmieri.
Miles Wood? Guy hits but does he even have 5 goals this season? My guy is Palmieri, think he`d be the perfect fit and not cost the farm like Anderson would although his price tag likely a bit less with his whopping goal total of 1 this year and fans here complain about Ritchie who makes the minimum for the same pt totals, everything I have read and seen with Palmieri, he is consistently consistent in all 3 zones

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Miles Wood? Guy hits but does he even have 5 goals this season? My guy is Palmieri, think he`d be the perfect fit and not cost the farm like Anderson would although his price tag likely a bit less with his whopping goal total of 1 this year and fans here complain about Ritchie who makes the minimum for the same pt totals, everything I have read and seen with Palmieri, he is consistently consistent in all 3 zones
If you look at Wood's last 40 games he isn't hitting. This could be management/coaching telling him to concentrate on scoring or he may have decided he can get by on skill alone. if he has decided he is a sniper I want nothing to do with him, go get the version of him that played his first 120+ games in the NHL. They are out there, you just have to commit to paying the price for them in a trade and by letting them play their game when they arrive.

Don't get Josh Anderson for his scoring get him because he is a physical guy that can score, big difference.

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

So we agree, I like Palmieri too. You misinterpreted my examples, they were just randomly listed. Let me clarify Palmieri is the scorer we need. Anderson is the scoring/hitter and Wood is the hitter. Five goals is not a lot but its more than a lot of our guys. Wood/Anderson are a big upgrade over Ritchie/Backes. These were just examples, not sure who is available and who they are targeting. I was looking at more the type of player we need.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
So we agree, I like Palmieri too. You misinterpreted my examples, they were just randomly listed. Let me clarify Palmieri is the scorer we need. Anderson is the scoring/hitter and Wood is the hitter. Five goals is not a lot but its more than a lot of our guys. Wood/Anderson are a big upgrade over Ritchie/Backes. These were just examples, not sure who is available and who they are targeting. I was looking at more the type of player we need.
So the middle six players right now are debrusk 7 goals, krejci 6 goals, Ritchie 2 goals, bjork 4 goals, coyle 6 goals, and heinen 5 goals. So right now the 2 players in the middle 6 have less than 5 goals and one is a misfit and the other hasn’t played all the games. With that Ritchie is the only player that needs to replaced and that middle 6 looks a lot better.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
ah gotcha, I did misinterpret things (hardly a shock:) ), I like Anderson, not nearly as much as many here do as I feel that while his big hits and willingness to drop the mitts are a blast to watch, I also see him doing what he did last playoff series vs the Jackets far too often and that`s taking himself completely out of the play just to land that hit

I know the CBJ`s aren`t the same team this year but 1 goal, that`s what Anderson has, not close to being good enough

Palmieri, if we are simply looking just at the stats is consistently putting up 20 goals, touching 30 once I believe and plays a heady 3 zone game, isn`t going to run anyone through the boards but isn`t hesitant to go to the dirty areas and one thing I really like about him is he`ll SHOOT THE BLOODY PUCK:laugh:

I don`t mind Woods but IMO, he`s just another guy who skates fast and hits but does little else the majority of times and sometimes that can fool a fan into thinking they are or could be a valuable piece

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
So the middle six players right now are debrusk 7 goals, krejci 6 goals, Ritchie 2 goals, bjork 4 goals, coyle 6 goals, and heinen 5 goals. So right now the 2 players in the middle 6 have less than 5 goals and one is a misfit and the other hasn’t played all the games. With that Ritchie is the only player that needs to replaced and that middle 6 looks a lot better.

Replacing some softness was the point of adding a guy like that. So forget Wood I quoted someone here and they were wrong, he has 3 goals. Just go after Palmieri and Anderson and call it a day. One tougher guy and one scorer. Remove Heinen and Ritchie from the middle six.

For scoring insert Palmieri's 11 goals and 19 pts over Ritchie. I still do not like Krech and JDB together, they have zero chemistry.
Give Krech - Palmieri and Bjork and Jake with Coyle and Anderson.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Wood doesn't hit anymore for whatever reason either. Definitely needs a change of scenery and even that might not do it.

Reactions: ODAAT

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Replacing some softness was the point of adding a guy like that. So forget Wood I quoted someone here and they were wrong, he has 3 goals. Just go after Palmieri and Anderson and call it a day. One tougher guy and one scorer. Remove Heinen and Ritchie from the middle six.

For scoring insert Palmieri's 11 goals and 19 pts over Ritchie. I still do not like Krech and JDB together, they have zero chemistry.
Give Krech - Palmieri and Bjork and Jake with Coyle and Anderson.
So you want to replace someone who has 13 points for someone who has 4 points?

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Debrusk has been credited with 9 hits this season. Heinen with 12. So that makes Krejci the biggest hitter on that line. That combination stinks. Hence Ritchie (4 hits) last night instead of Heinen.

No excuse for not hitting, but none of them are mesomorphs. Each one is listed by NHL (oddly enough) at only 188lbs.
That's why Ritchie has such a long leash, for now.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Glad you want to make this team worse because of this stupid notion of size and toughness equals a better team.
Probably because it is so lacking. Think they beat Washington in a 7 game series when the Caps roll out Wilson, Gudas and Hathaway every night? Bruins got anybody like Ovie? How about St. Louis, that worked out well last year. Maybe an Anderson and Wood at forward and Miller on D and the Bruins win in 4 or 5 instead of getting hammered all series long by a bigger tougher team. Wanna go seven with the Flyers or Islanders as currently constructed with number of passive smurfs in the top 9? How about the Flames or Jets?

Glad you want them to get run out of the playoffs with this stupid notion of speed and skill solve everything.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Glad you want to make this team worse because of this stupid notion of size and toughness equals a better team.

In fairness it worked for the 2018 Caps and 2019 Blues....not to mention our beloved 2011 Bruins...Those Kings teams were pretty big too.....Pens and Hawks relied on generational talents and winning numerous draft lotteries (along with some nice trades)

Wood also doesn't play with near the skilled players Heinen generally does either

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Probably because it is so lacking. Think they beat Washington in a 7 game series when the Caps roll out Wilson, Gudas and Hathaway every night? Bruins got anybody like Ovie? How about St. Louis, that worked out well last year. Maybe an Anderson and Wood at forward and Miller on D and the Bruins win in 4 or 5 instead of getting hammered all series long by a bigger tougher team. Wanna go seven with the Flyers or Islanders as currently constructed with number of passive smurfs in the top 9? How about the Flames or Jets?

Glad you want them to get run out of the playoffs with this stupid notion of speed and skill solve everything.
Well the caps have been bad in the playoffs even though they are big. Flyers and islanders don’t scare me at all. Second everyone complains about the secondary scoring but I keep seeing all these ideas to replace players with worse offensive players. Lastly just so you know I said size and toughness doesn’t mean they would be a good team. With that if the person has size and toughness to go along with skill I like them. That is something that both Anderson and wood do not offer at the moment.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
In fairness it worked for the 2018 Caps and 2019 Blues....not to mention our beloved 2011 Bruins...Those Kings teams were pretty big too.....Pens and Hawks relied on generational talents and winning numerous draft lotteries (along with some nice trades)

Wood also doesn't play with near the skilled players Heinen generally does either
The difference is that their big players were skilled. Wood doesn’t add that and Anderson has been awful this year.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The difference is that their big players were skilled. Wood doesn’t add that and Anderson has been awful this year.

Zach Sanford isn't that good and he helped the Blues turn the series around when they put him on the second line and scratched Fabbri. How did Brett Connolly and Devante Smith-Pelley do for the Caps the year before in the play-offs? Size does matter in June whether people want to believe it or not.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Well the caps have been bad in the playoffs even though they are big. Flyers and islanders don’t scare me at all. Second everyone complains about the secondary scoring but I keep seeing all these ideas to replace players with worse offensive players. Lastly just so you know I said size and toughness doesn’t mean they would be a good team. With that if the person has size and toughness to go along with skill I like them. That is something that both Anderson and wood do not offer at the moment.

Didn't the Caps win the cup two years ago???? Anderson becomes the Bruins 6th or 7th best forward right now.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Zach Sanford isn't that good and he helped the Blues turn the series around when they put him on the second line and scratched Fabbri. How did Brett Connolly and Devante Smith-Pelley do for the Caps the year before in the play-offs? Size does matter in June whether people want to believe it or not.
I think the blues won because of the bs that was let go. Connolly does have skill to go with size.
Didn't the Caps win the cup two years ago???? Anderson becomes the Bruins 6th or 7th best forward right now.
They did win it but look at the past 10 years or so and you see a really bad playoff team. As for Anderson he adds nothing with the way he is playing this year. He would be a 4th liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad