Post-Game Talk: GAME 32 - A Frustrating Loss - Penguins 5 BRUINS 3 FINAL

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
A bit harsh. His MO is to be defensively responsible and not give goals away. After 20-30 games he might start feeling confident enough to contribute. I'm not saying he's a sure-fire hit but give him a chance.

I have seen enough, guy is an AHL player. He brings no offensive component to the game, he has had his chance, time to give others the opportunity to play in the show.

Reactions: TCB

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I have seen enough, guy is an AHL player. He brings no offensive component to the game, he has had his chance, time to give others the opportunity to play in the show.

Same here. He has heart, works hard, but just isn't more than a 4th line grinder and we have enough of those on the roster already.

Reactions: TCB

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Actually no ground lost in the wild card as Pitt jumped into 3rd place in the metro and Islanders fell to 9th place and have 32 points.

Halak stopped Malkin on a clean break away, Rust walking around the D twice and Crosby on a clean 2 on 1 in close. To blame him for any of that loss is stupid.

And to SPLBruin, Cave was clear and away Providence's best player this year before the call up. It just shows again that success in the A does not always translate to the NHL.

This is the equivalent of saying is your good Monday to Friday but a total asshole on the weekend, your weekday behavior excuses your weekend behavior. Total nonsense.

Yes Halak made several amazing saves but then gave up at least 2 and arguably 3 that he should have had.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
ive followed his career... hes always been very streaky. its one of the reasons he frustrates some people here

I mean this guy led the playoffs in scoring... he isn't exactly crap

but if you want to summarize his entire career in the last 5 games that's your business. ive seen a decade of hockey as have most people here including the ownership and management of the team and we know who this guy is

honestly... I think I saw riley nash play 5 games with pastrnak and marchand last year and put up 8 points too. id have to check the game log to be sure, but even just going off my memory it seems like it happened

im happy for krecji that maybe some of the boo birds get off his case... but hes been streaky his entire career and is a 30 year old hockey player now. he isn't going to all of a sudden become something different. props to him for stepping up in this time of need but when someone is paid 7+ mill a season theres a certain responsibility on him to generate offense on a line and not just ride the coattails of our 2 best players the same way riley nash did

You're not telling me anything I don't already know lol. I know Krejci is streaky, anyone who watches this team regularly knows he streaky. The money stuff well, that's not his fault that the B's offered him that deal. Like you said ownership and management know who the guy was. So why does his responsibility suddenly change because he suddenly got a $7 million contract? Again management knew what they had, so why were people suddenly expecting something different. My comment was also a shot at those who liked to say that Krejci's lack of talented wingers was just an excuse, when clearly it isn't. Krejci now doesn't even look like the same Krejci from the last 2 years.

Its funny, but I'm not even a Krejci fan. I just hate how some posters can't objectively look at a player and instead piss and moan because of 1-2 stats. That's always been my issue with this place and probably always be.

Reactions: Jdavidev and BMC

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Son had a late practice and I only got to see the last 15 minutes, but it looked like Heinen and JFK were bringing it and had good chemistry.

Were the first two periods similar? From the little I saw, looked like one of those games where a team carries the play for the most part, but every time they make a defensive error, it ends up in the net?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
:laugh:

I just posted I only saw the last 15 minutes, but I commented to my son at the time, wow, Heinen is being very physical (for him :DD).
Heinen is actually 15th on the team in hits per game with .9 per game. Same as Debrusk and more than Chara & Marchand haha. He's on pace for 74 hits!

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Heinen is actually 15th on the team in hits per game with .9 per game. Same as Debrusk and more than Chara & Marchand haha. He's on pace for 74 hits!

Who cares?

I gest only because of your wonderful feedback in previous posts. Heinen has been playing much more aggressive - great to see.

Last edited:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Acciari sits for Gemel Smith for 3 games.....3-0. Acciari gets inserted back and we lose. WHY. DO. THEY. KEEP. PLAYING. HIM.

Obviously that loss wasn't on Acciari but I just don't understand why he has an NHL job. His line had 2 goals and he was the only player without a point. Someone PLEASE tell me what he brings. He makes me want to throw things.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Same here. He has heart, works hard, but just isn't more than a 4th line grinder and we have enough of those on the roster already.

a guy like cehlarik wouldve been ideal for that loosey pittsburgh defense.
baffles me cave is still up.

cave on the ice for the kessel goal and doesnt bury that gimme that wouldve put us up 4-3

CaperJay

Sep 27, 2016
Acciari sits for Gemel Smith for 3 games.....3-0. Acciari gets inserted back and we lose. WHY. DO. THEY. KEEP. PLAYING. HIM.

Obviously that loss wasn't on Acciari but I just don't understand why he has an NHL job. His line had 2 goals and he was the only player without a point. Someone PLEASE tell me what he brings. He makes me want to throw things.
I don't know about anybody else but I taught that was one of the best games from that line I've seen in a long time. They should of had 2 goals had the kuraly one counted and were almost dominating on the forechecking and cycling and kuraly looked better on the wing. I wouldn't change a thing

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Acciari actually had a really good game last night, trying to make it seem like he's the reason we lost is laughable. Then again its par for these boards.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
a guy like cehlarik wouldve been ideal for that loosey pittsburgh defense.
baffles me cave is still up.

cave on the ice for the kessel goal and doesnt bury that gimme that wouldve put us up 4-3

I get the decision to play Cave with Bergy out and the lack of good options at the moment, but I have seen enough to know he isn't the solution right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad