Post-Game Talk: GAME 32 - A Frustrating Loss - Penguins 5 BRUINS 3 FINAL

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Too many missed chances.

Bruins very good when scoring first and bad when allowing the first goal. That Marchand wiffed shot in the first could have given the team a 1-0 lead.

Gutsy comeback from 0-2 and 1-3 but that 3-4 goal was an awful one to give by Halak.

Glorious miss by JFK in the last two minutes to make it 4-4.

Sad ending.

Bring on Buffalo.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Fair enough but the bigger issue is a scoring winger to make 2 complete dangerous lines.Sweeney needs to find that and fast.

I agree

Sweeney will get something done

I'm hoping it will be Simmonds...but unfortunately it could end up being a cheapie like Grabner or Stempniak lol

Stempniak practicing but rested for the 2nd half .... sadly would be better than the situation is now

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Same guys screaming for Cave for a month for tearing up Providence now want him out? Did Wagner really have 9 shots?

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
The effort was there tonight but sucks that they weren't rewarded for that effort. Including "frustrating" in the PGT title is fitting. Sometimes they would have a ton of puck possession and outplay the Pens but couldn't generate scoring chances. Sometimes they would generate scoring chances but couldn't finish, and sometimes they were a tipped puck or skate blade away from scoring. I can't fault the boys tonight. Sometimes it's just not your night.

A few of sidenotes:

1) Sometimes I take Krejci for granted. He really is a wiz with the puck. When he has 2 good players on his wings it really shows. He also impressed me with one particular move that he pulled off. He came down the left side and cut to the front of the net but his shot was saved. He showed speed and strength that caught me (and maybe the Pitt D) off guard just to get to the net.

2) I'm super happy for Carlo. I have liked the kid since day 1 and it was great to see that huge smile after he scored. You could tell it meant something to him.

3) The practice jerseys that the Pens wore tonight are gawdawful.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I missed due to work.

They said on the Sports Hub that the Bruins took their foot off the gas when it was 3-3.

Any truth to this? If so, why? This team at present has no business putting it in cruise control against ANYONE.

Hopefully the Pats can do better on Sunday.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I like didn't have a terrible game per se but just didn't come up with the big say when they needed it. For those saying the fourth goal was bad I originally thought it was too but when you look at the replay it completely change Direction. Very little chance on that one

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Krejci in his last 5GP = 3G / 5A / 1.6 PGP
Krejci in his first 27GP = 2G / 17A / 0.6 PGP

^I wonder what changed :huh:

ive followed his career... hes always been very streaky. its one of the reasons he frustrates some people here

I mean this guy led the playoffs in scoring... he isn't exactly crap

but if you want to summarize his entire career in the last 5 games that's your business. ive seen a decade of hockey as have most people here including the ownership and management of the team and we know who this guy is

honestly... I think I saw riley nash play 5 games with pastrnak and marchand last year and put up 8 points too. id have to check the game log to be sure, but even just going off my memory it seems like it happened

im happy for krecji that maybe some of the boo birds get off his case... but hes been streaky his entire career and is a 30 year old hockey player now. he isn't going to all of a sudden become something different. props to him for stepping up in this time of need but when someone is paid 7+ mill a season theres a certain responsibility on him to generate offense on a line and not just ride the coattails of our 2 best players the same way riley nash did

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I was watching Tim and Sid today on sportsnet and they were bragging Oilers effort last nite missing 2 defencemen 1 lousy game vs Jets and talking up Hitchcock.Bruins were not mentioned once.O and Oilers lost lol

Those 2 idiots are the poster boys for why everyone in Canada dislikes Toronto .

I agree that those guys are bad but these 2 goofs are much much worse:

jay-onrait-and-dan-o-toole.jpg

Reactions: Orr Fourever

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Acciari should be centering that 4th line every night. Best game of the season from that group.

if hes hungry and putting out 149% effort I guess he can show a pulse on a line... but when he gets too comfortable and is only putting out 125% effort he sort of sucks.

its too bad... I like to cheer these types of players. I wanted to be the biggest nevin markwart and jay Henderson fan of all time... but I eventually had to accept that they sucked. and accairi is headed in that same direction

Reactions: Strafer

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
The slow start killed them . If the Bruins are healthy they win this game . Pittsburgh doesn’t scare me at all , I would love for the Bruins to meet them in the playoffs. Halak wasn’t the reason they lost and made some good saves but overall I thought he was average . It might be time to run with Rask for awhile after the upcoming back to back .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad