FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI BRUINS

Last edited:
Reactions: Orr Fourever

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Bruins need to play with more pace starting from the back end out. Too many passes from the defense were met with a Penguin covering our forwards at our blueline. I would like them to push the puck out more and get more opportunities around the slot. With that said, it was a very winnable game. Regroup and get a win against Buffalo.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
@mar2kbos

5-3-2 over their last 10, but they lost to CHI, OTT, PHI and barley beat the Islanders. I think over this time they are also a +2 in goal diff.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Two other things:

1. The disallowed goal was literally, and I do mean literally the exact same play that Crosby was given a good goal for last season. Watch the videos side by side, they're identical, even down to the whistle blowing before the puck is in the net.

2. How in the world did the pens not get a penalty for delay of game in the final 2 minutes on the Forsbacka-Karlsson chance? The forward dives on the puck and covers it with his hand outside the crease then DeSmith jumps on top of him... like what? Easiest call of the refs life.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Two other things:

1. The disallowed goal was literally, and I do mean literally the exact same play that Crosby was given a good goal for last season. Watch the videos side by side, they're identical, even down to the whistle blowing before the puck is in the net.

2. How in the world did the pens not get a penalty for delay of game in the final 2 minutes on the Forsbacka-Karlsson chance? The forward dives on the puck and covers it with his hand outside the crease then DeSmith jumps on top of him... like what? Easiest call of the refs life.
I noticed that hand cover it as well. And the ref was staring RIGHT AT IT! I was watching the reverse angle replay they showed and the ref definitely saw it and did nothing. As for the disallowed goal, yeah, two standards.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
With all these injuries and the way we're playing Cassidy better get Jack Adams.

I was watching Tim and Sid today on sportsnet and they were bragging Oilers effort last nite missing 2 defencemen 1 lousy game vs Jets and talking up Hitchcock.Bruins were not mentioned once.O and Oilers lost lol

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Two other things:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Imagine how much better the D will be once Bergy and Jake get back, then when Chara returns. Chara coming back will be absolutely huge. After watching the D without him it's obvious he is still the best player on the team in his own zone. The D is putting up a valiant effort during his absence, however it will be so much better when he comes back.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
How about if Sweeney does not get help in near future he better get fired.:damnpc:

He will not trade his bundle of top end prospects without seeing what type of team he has when Bery and Z come back.

Unfortunately if its not soon he will be selling and I have zero problem with it either. This team is not beating Wash,TB or any other team with any depth in a playoff series

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
He will not trade his bundle of top end prospects without seeing what type of team he has when Bery and Z come back.

Unfortunately if its not soon he will be selling and I have zero problem with it either. This team is not beating Wash,TB or any other team with any depth in a playoff series

He saw that before they were hurt.

Reactions: Strafer

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
He saw that before they were hurt.

I believe he was hoping the young players would be making more of an impact, He was wrong big.

I'm more concerned with the pro scouting side of things. We just know we are going to get bent over in any trade this group is involved with.

Reactions: Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad